Wiki Posts
Search

hot bodies lightning thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 01:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Not a problem, happy to help anytime.

Get a feel for the car as it is, then let us know what you would like different.

Dayton
Old 04-20-2008, 07:51 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Apparently a gremlin borrowed my car and somehow bent my front shock tower. Any suggestions on upgrading thin rtr parts? ie pro versions or after market suppliers.
Old 04-20-2008, 08:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Shock towers

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/2731
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/2733
Try these their for lightning Pro.Towers are the first thing to change!
Old 04-20-2008, 08:27 AM
Tech Adept

Yeah, checked them out already had to clean drool from keyboard, gonna make a shopping list and beg wife for fogiveness.
Old 04-20-2008, 08:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Amainhobbies

They have awesome stuff! Most of the Kyosho Mp777 parts will work on the Lightning buggy if you need any setup tips let me know. I won the first race of the season @ Zero Gravity R/C track with this buggy.(with a broken wing and no fuel pressure to tank).
Later,
Shannon
Old 04-20-2008, 08:55 PM
Tech Adept

Well i've drilled out the shock pistons and installed the recommended oils, also removed the stock grease and put in diff lube as per earlier posts. The car is glued pretty well now and turns much better, giant thanks for the tips. Just need to work on the motor, going to run the rtr .26 until she blows then i'm thinking mid-range rb motor, there seems to be lots of arguements all over this site for and against but the guys i run with recommend them.
Old 04-22-2008, 12:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey guys

I have one of these truggies and i think they capable of being competitive. U just need to work out the small problems that it has. I race mine in a public track in nyc , and i have a os 21 vspec and i stay right with the pack of losi , mugen , kyosho , jammin.

later guys
keep on racing
Old 04-25-2008, 11:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

What diff and shock setup are you guys running on you truggy.... It semms like I cant find one that works for me ....
The best one yet is 40 in shock and 5/50/5 but its too loose in the rear any tips on what i should do?
Old 04-26-2008, 01:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Thomas- here is a pretty smooth setup that I use to run. 7-10-2 f-c-r and for shocks I would go with 40 in the front and 35 in the rear. Give that a shot, should really make the truck come to life.

As far as the 5-50-5 man I bet that thing was a beast to try to hold on to. With that thick of a center and equal front and rear diffs I bet it was a rocket out of the hole but loose as all get out entering and in the middle of a turn.

Also run the longest most angled rear camber link and -2.5* of camber and try a 3* rear toe plate. Also loosen up the small set screw on the sway bar. Then if the problem still persists, move the shocks in on the tower and out on the arm (rear). Then tighten the little sway bar screws on the front swaybar. That should do ya pretty good for locking down the rear end.

If you need more help pm me and I'll give my number and get you situated. later

Marcus Black
Old 04-27-2008, 10:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Well, I just got my Hot bodies buggy yesterday and it is in pretty sorry shape. When I took apart the shocks old shock oil was caked to the inside. I rebuilt the shocks and will be gong to the hobby shop in a couple days to get some shock oil. It looks like the buggy has about 10 gallons thru it. However the diffs feel pretty smooth. I am still waiting on an engine and clutch, it looks like I will be running an ofna 3 shoe clutch and a 5 port .21 engine.

What shock tower position do you guys recommend?
And where can I get a 1.4mm drill bit? Does lowe's sell them?
Old 04-27-2008, 07:27 PM
Tech Adept

Wow, I borrowed a sportwerks .21 with a jp3 pipe and racing clutch to get more speed, now i can't control the buggy, too much power. I think the driver needs more tuning ha ha. I don't know which of the three changes was the most dramatic but i'm leaning on the clutching, We have a technical track that is dry slick at the moment of testing. Gonna try different tires for traction.
Old 04-28-2008, 06:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by crazy4wdracer
Well, I just got my Hot bodies buggy yesterday and it is in pretty sorry shape. When I took apart the shocks old shock oil was caked to the inside. I rebuilt the shocks and will be gong to the hobby shop in a couple days to get some shock oil. It looks like the buggy has about 10 gallons thru it. However the diffs feel pretty smooth. I am still waiting on an engine and clutch, it looks like I will be running an ofna 3 shoe clutch and a 5 port .21 engine.

What shock tower position do you guys recommend?
And where can I get a 1.4mm drill bit? Does lowe's sell them?
I won the Amain Sunday with my buggy( lightning pro 2 evo.)Replace diffs with the hardened sets.Get a King Headz 3* kick up plate 3* rear toe block and run 32.5 oil in front 30 in rear. white springs up front yellow in rear, 5,7,1 diff oil (f,c,R). Adjust shock tensions to track conditions and start winning races.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

XXXCRNitro- Hey man if you get a chance definitely try big bores on the buggy. The car is naturally planted, but with big bores it just becomes insanely planted. I'll try to post pics of mine.
Old 04-28-2008, 12:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xxxrcnitro
I won the Amain Sunday with my buggy( lightning pro 2 evo.)Replace diffs with the hardened sets.Get a King Headz 3* kick up plate 3* rear toe block and run 32.5 oil in front 30 in rear. white springs up front yellow in rear, 5,7,1 diff oil (f,c,R). Adjust shock tensions to track conditions and start winning races.
Thanks, I already have some of those king headz parts. I'll work on the shocks in a couple days and I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Black
XXXCRNitro- Hey man if you get a chance definitely try big bores on the buggy. The car is naturally planted, but with big bores it just becomes insanely planted. I'll try to post pics of mine.
I was seriously thinking of BIG BORES but, if its not broke why fix it? What make do you use?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.