Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree219Likes

Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 09-05-2022, 08:19 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: rustyus
Welcome to the SCT410.3 Wiki!

7.26.17 - BB
In order to run the recommended team setup, you need the following optional parts:
TKR6106 Orange LF Springs
TKR6114 Green LF Springs
TKR6018 composite shock caps (built to emulsion) OR TKR8702 Aluminum Emulsion Shock caps
TKR8027 Shock Stand Offs
TKR6051 8x1.3 pistons(drilled to 1.4mm)
TKR8104 .4 bellcranks
TKR8100 .4 ackerman
TKR5545B HRC Hubs
You also need the Aluminum C Block (others can stay composite)

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

TKR5161 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “A” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5163 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “C” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5545B – HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, SCT.3/SL) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Allows harder acceleration on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6004T (front)
-TKR6017T (rear)

What spare parts should I keep on hand?
TKR5020 – Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR5516 – Front Suspension Arms and TKR5515 – Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5542 – Spindle Carriers - TKR5541B Spindles
TKR6009 – Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Use steering stops/limiter washers... more info here.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here. Please be sure to try our recommended setup. It works very well on most tracks.

Hinge Pin Insert Chart:

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 10:30 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I personally run mine towards the back of the tray. Haven't found a need to move it back any further.
Old 08-11-2017, 10:42 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by teknotank
I'll have a look into the smc batteries. The turnigy's are good value for money when they are on offer, I'd pay full price for the nanotech's but certainly not for the graphene's
I run nothing but SMC's right now. I do have a proamps 4s coming to see how they are. I'm impressed with the servo's, so I figured I'd give the batteries a try.

Originally Posted by Teknoval
EZlight,

Would you care to share your oval setups. I was surprised to see how close I am to the recommended setup (other than positive inside camber and emulsion shocks). The outdoor track we run at is med grip, progressive banking, IIRC 160' runline.
My setup is the same that I run for off-road. (The recommended indoor\outdoor setup on teknorc.com) I just change camber and shock position going from one to another. Like you my shocks are different. 6x1.5's and emulsion.

Our oval has actually just moved, and the straights will be about 15'ish longer each side. It will be interesting because she will require gear changes in everything.

Originally Posted by Teknoval
I am intrigued by your 2wd setup as well, my daughters want to race an indoor series this fall and there is no 4x4 class just a Pro 2 (unlimited motor). I like the idea of running different toe per side to help on the high bank, high grip indoor track.

Thank you.

First post, hooray!
My 2wd setup is a work in progress right now. I'm not happy with it, and I am hunting for a setup that I am comfortable with. I'll be sure to record something and throw it out once I come to a point that it is worthy of sharing.

Originally Posted by teknotank

And this is a power HD servo after 5 hours of use

stripped servo by Nicholas Simpson, on Flickr

servo 2 by Nicholas Simpson, on Flickr
I haven't seen many with much luck with those power HD servo's. In person anyways. Have seen a few failures, and I also grabbed one to play with. After the failures around me, I sold it without opening.

Originally Posted by gawith0413
With the 7/11 setup what battery position is used?
I run battery back in everything. I've never tried it forward though.
Old 08-11-2017, 05:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

I'm running my truck on an indoor tight medium grip with some dust on it as SCT is next to the last race of the round. I have all of the option parts suggested on the front page, I'm just not sure on the diff oils, it seems stock takes a bit to spool up and get the truck going. I don't have many oils as all of my 10th scale cars are TLR so all ball diffs and TLR oil. I did change the pistons to the 8x1.4 conical cause I like the way conical pistons work, and use TLR 35 F 30 R. I need to get the truck to get power to the wheels much faster then it is now. Suggestions would be helpful. Other then that and the nose dive issues I am having (just got to baby the throttle to correct in the air) the truck was very drivable, and managed 3rd place my first race with it against guys who have had the truck for over a year.
Old 08-12-2017, 11:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

On outdoor tracks should we move the ride height up from 19/19?
Old 08-14-2017, 09:56 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jpcopeland1
I'm running my truck on an indoor tight medium grip with some dust on it as SCT is next to the last race of the round. I have all of the option parts suggested on the front page, I'm just not sure on the diff oils, it seems stock takes a bit to spool up and get the truck going. I don't have many oils as all of my 10th scale cars are TLR so all ball diffs and TLR oil. I did change the pistons to the 8x1.4 conical cause I like the way conical pistons work, and use TLR 35 F 30 R. I need to get the truck to get power to the wheels much faster then it is now. Suggestions would be helpful. Other then that and the nose dive issues I am having (just got to baby the throttle to correct in the air) the truck was very drivable, and managed 3rd place my first race with it against guys who have had the truck for over a year.
The whole CST to wt conversion is tricky. I would say 35/30 or 37.5/32,5 should get you pretty close on oils for shocks. I also switched to 10-7-5 for diff oils, but recently tried a truck that had 10-10-10, and found it very easy to drive. I plan to have a separate set of diffs ready and built to swap in and out to try out for my next race.

I would take a look at the recommended indoor setup on teknorc.com for overall setup to start.

Originally Posted by gawith0413
On outdoor tracks should we move the ride height up from 19/19?
I'm usually in the mid 20's outdoors (22-23), and get pretty low indoors.
Old 08-14-2017, 03:15 PM
Tech Addict

I finally bought the kit yesterday, it's on backorder from Amain. Good thing is I had a $50 off when you spend over $400 VIP voucher, so I got a stainless screw set for it aswell, taking it to just over $400. What's even better is that $50 USD is about $67 Australian $$

In a separate order I also got

- Proline pre-painted flotek body
- Traxxas Slash BF Goodrich wheels, the silver ones
- Hobbywing Max10 sc 120amp / 3660SL G2 4000kv motor combo
- All 4 aluminum suspension hangers
- Aluminum split centre diff mounts
- Aluminum shock caps, and pre-load

I've read about the Hobbywing 3660 G2 can splitting, but they were old posts, and I'm sure Hobbywing has fixed the problem. Probably just a bad batch

Can't wait to build the kit, it looks awesome
Old 08-15-2017, 06:05 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by gavsta72
I finally bought the kit yesterday, it's on backorder from Amain. Good thing is I had a $50 off when you spend over $400 VIP voucher, so I got a stainless screw set for it aswell, taking it to just over $400. What's even better is that $50 USD is about $67 Australian $$

In a separate order I also got

- Proline pre-painted flotek body
- Traxxas Slash BF Goodrich wheels, the silver ones
- Hobbywing Max10 sc 120amp / 3660SL G2 4000kv motor combo
- All 4 aluminum suspension hangers
- Aluminum split centre diff mounts
- Aluminum shock caps, and pre-load

I've read about the Hobbywing 3660 G2 can splitting, but they were old posts, and I'm sure Hobbywing has fixed the problem. Probably just a bad batch

Can't wait to build the kit, it looks awesome
I would rethink the slash wheels. The offset is wrong for the truck, and they are heavy.

You want 0 offset, so Losi scte/Tekno sct410
gavsta72 likes this.
Old 08-15-2017, 01:33 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ezlight
I would rethink the slash wheels. The offset is wrong for the truck, and they are heavy.

Oh really ?? too late now, they've been sent from Amain, and of course I'm in Australia. Thanks for the heads up, I obviously didn't do my research properly
Old 08-15-2017, 01:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by gavsta72
Oh really ?? too late now, they've been sent from Amain, and of course I'm in Australia. Thanks for the heads up, I obviously didn't do my research properly
We all make mistakes bud. It happens. Now you know though, so you can grab another order, or find some locally.
Old 08-15-2017, 01:43 PM
Tech Addict

So the offset is wrong, but do they fit ?? I'm only a basher, I'm assuming they will stick out from the body then ??
Old 08-15-2017, 01:50 PM
Tech Initiate

those wheels will stick out too far. the concepts hazard +3 offset fit perfect...even though not technically roar legal
Old 08-15-2017, 01:55 PM
Tech Addict

Ok, I should of gone for the Proline Trenchers like I was going to, just trying to save some $$$
Old 08-15-2017, 09:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Question for you guys. My buddy has a Losi 8ight-E and 8ight-N, also a SCTe.

Every week when we race has dnf's because some breaks. weather it be something diff related, esc, motor, servo, etc...

Lately I haven't been able to run much and whenever I comment on him breaking stuff he just says its because he actually runs his stuff.

Now I know my Tekno SCT410.3and EB/NB 48.3 have both help up very good. I just now had my first real break (snapped a dogbone and outdrive is pretty mangled). But my diffs are bulletproof, a-arms are still good.... my Tekin esc/motor's feel like day 1, and my mks servo's are amazing...

Now he buys chinese electronics for the most part and they break constantly....

I was wondering how long do most of you think common parts like A-arms, diffs, shocks, etc should last. He has blown through diffs and pinions like candy... I feel like hes doing something wrong, but he won't admit it. I know that AE parts feel cheap and thin compared to my Tekno, and I feel like TLR is still decent quality, but he is replacing stuff on a weekly basis for the most part.

So if I could just get some basic wear and tear timeframes for common parts id appreciate it so I can talk to him about it. How many races would you say you get out of certain parts?
Old 08-15-2017, 09:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I usually only break arms and bend hinge pins on the hardest shots to front end, like trying to triple a huge jump and lawn darting. Tekno keeps going though, just change out bent pins maybe damaged arm, sometimes pins are bent and arms are ok.

My diffs and shocks and what not never miss a beat

My buddy finally gave up on his AE stuff, and went Tekno. He was breaking and DNF'ing every race. And he is usually a top 3 finisher. Last Saturday was the last straw. He punted his AE across the lot after the latest DNF.

I LOL'd and said come join the Dark Side, so he ordered a Tekno
ezlight likes this.
Old 08-15-2017, 11:01 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ezlight

Ok I ordered a set of Proline ProTrac F-11 beadlock wheels (zero offset) ST Racing black aluminum beadlocks to replace the stock metal red ones, and some Trenchers. That should do the trick
ezlight likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.