Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ofna Ultra GTP2e

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 02:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Still pushing,what "should" i run for optimal response as far as the differentials.
I'm also not running a center diff right now. Just the center spool.
But i do have one here if that will make things better.
Throw some ideas at me for diff weights.
This push is getting quite annoying considering i watch videos of these cars all day driving on rails through corners.

I do not track race, but i would love to be able to carve up parking lots properly.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Have you tried any number of different combo of tires/front shocks springs? I used to have same issues with my MRX3 years ago and I would go nuts because I thought I had the thing dialed in and I did 2 things, went with a stickier tire/slick and changed my shock springs to a shorter/tighter. I also tried 3 degree camber and actually started oversteering. I'm not an expert but that's just one opinion. Good luck.
Old 09-10-2013, 04:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Can someone indicate which battery guard while charging I should buy? Do you guys use a bag/guard? Any links would be great,

thanks.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:25 PM
Tech Master

Well today on my Sweeps the car would turn very easily in tight spaces (aka the narrow parking lot at work). but it would kick out the rear end VERY easy. Not terrible to the point on non control though, might just leave it like this for a while. Not trying to shave any lap times or anything so a bit of tail slide adds some cool factor haha. Although i suppose they do say loose is fast.

I changed out the fluid in the shocks and rebuilt them. running 50wt on all 4 corners.
DM1 Yellow Springs up front
DM1 Red out back right now (have Hard and Medium options on the way)
Lowered the ride height (middle holes up front and outer holes in the rear)
Sits really nice now.

Still curious about an ideal diff weight setup.
Old 09-10-2013, 06:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Old 09-10-2013, 06:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Center Diff

What would be the benefit to use a center diff instead of the center spool on the track?

Regards!
Old 09-11-2013, 05:57 PM
Tech Master

Hey guys, i think i finally got the setup working on my GTP2e, im happy with it anyways. Just need to work on my throttle control a bit to tame the ass end down coming out of the corners.

But a new issue has shown up. I have quite a bit of slop in the steering. I have torn down and rebuilt after cleaning everything up but it still hangs up as it crosses center both Left to right and right to left. I am curious if any of you racers are using any aftermarket parts to tighten the steering rack up.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Ok, now we've something to work with.

Caster:

Less caster = harder entry on turn-in, more excited on input.
More caster = better turn exit, more relaxed on input.
The key is to find the balance between the two.

Front & rear camber:

You'll need to dial in by reading the tires.
Take a silver sharpie and draw a few lines straight across the tire surface; they run the car on the track. You don't have to go "balls to the wall", just fast enough to scuff the tires in a few laps. Then look at the tire, it will show you if it needs more or less camber every time.

Rear toe in:
-1.5 is kinda loose for track racing a GT car, maybe try -2 or even -2.5

Front toe out:
+1.5 is usually a good starting point, sometimes I've even tightened it up to +.5 and have had good results too.

What's your droop?
Springs?
Shock oils?
Diffs?
The only other rear toe plate i have found is a -3* from nitrohouse ofna part 36506. Is there anything out there for -2 or -2.5*

Is -3* too much?
Old 09-12-2013, 09:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Fired up my car today, man, that thing scared the crap out of me. It has so much power it's scary as hell. Running Tekin T8 2650kv, 150 amp ESC, 5000mah 4S, stock gearing for now, but I can't imagine putting a 21 tooth pinion on this.

I don't know if anyone else has had this feeling when you drove for the first time but it is addicting. So much fun. Now, there's so many things I want to do with it. Tighter springs/oil shocks will be the first thing!
Old 09-13-2013, 09:45 AM
Tech Master

i have 23/46 on mine right now with a 2650kv on 4s. Scary fast... for me anyways.
The TTS according to Scriptasylum is 76mph.
Gonna dial it back to 21/46 when i pick up a new pinion.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

It seems like 76mph isn't a lot compared to these high speed runs we watch on Youtube, but man, 76 mph for a little RC car is scary fast as you say. What type of results you think I'll get from switching from 14 tp 21 tooth pinion? I actually like having torque on the start, will I lose the torque or will I just gain more top end?
Old 09-13-2013, 05:02 PM
Tech Master

For me 60-65mph tops is just fine.

For your question jumping from a 14 to 21. Way more top end. Thats a big jump im not sure on the calculations but I wouldnt be surprised if the torque was more still.

Into http://www.scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/top_speed.html i go.
If you are stock at 14/51 on a 2650 and 4s you are looking at appx 38 mpg TTS
If you jump to 21/51 with no other changes you jump to 58mph
(Should probably maintain the same torque #'s i would think with the same spur.)
I could be way wrong though, i have too much fun with RC to pay attention to all the math haha.

Speaking of scary fast...
Oops...
Attached Thumbnails Ofna Ultra GTP2e-20130913_172633.jpg  

Last edited by Monteman; 09-13-2013 at 05:21 PM.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

That definitely is a huge increase in mph and performance. I think that will be fine for me too. Since I don't have any on road tracks near me, I guess I'll just have to bash for now, I don't like it that much because your car gets destroyed with all the rocks and pebbles.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

Can anyone give me recommendations for a rear spoiler/wing? I love the one that comes with the car, heard some people run the XO-1 on it? Should I get the Traxxas one, or something different?
Old 09-19-2013, 02:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

More noobie questions. What am I supposed to do with my lipo battery? So I play with the car for 10 minutes, but it still has a charge. I disconnect it and leave it in the car til I come back a week later, plug it in and play some more. What if the battery didn't discharge all the way, is it ok to leave it in the car with a small charge left? Should I remove it every time I play and discharge it?

I would appreciate some help with this,

thanks guys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.