Old 05-16-2013, 07:56 PM
Tech Regular

Would a 190mm body fit on a TC6.1?
Old 05-16-2013, 08:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blwaz23
Would a 190mm body fit on a TC6.1?
Yes, 190mm is the standard track width for electric touring car classes.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tommy R
I've got a TC6 question for y'all. I run my TC6 in a local USGT class (21.5, treaded tires, etc.) and it's doing something rather odd. I bought the car from a local and it was pretty well set up and I was instantly competitive on our low/med grip asphalt track. However, as the weeks wore on, the rear of the car would start getting looser and looser. For the most part, the car was worst on corner entry. The back end would just come around and it was very unpredictable. Over time I was softening the rear suspension, adding rear toe, messing with droop, etc. in an effort to settle the car down. I had limited success and performance continued to suffer each week.

I rebuilt the entire car when its performance degraded to the point where I could no longer drive it competitively. This time I used a setup from the AE archives. Ultimately, there weren't a ton of changes made to the setup, but I went through the entire car during the rebuild. The car was on rails once again!

However, the car has now been on a slippery slope again. The rear has gotten loose on corner entry again and it's now to the point of being barely driveable once more. This has happened over the course of approximately 8-10 race days and it's quite frustrating.

I'm pretty diligent about making sure things are well maintained on my cars. And FWIW, my TC6 that I run in VTA has not had this problem. It's been pretty consistent. Is there some common issue with TC6s that can cause this that I may be overlooking? Generally speaking, the only slop on my car is where the hub carriers slide a bit on the outer hinge pin, but it's not bad. And both my VTA and USGT have similar amounts of play so I don't think that's the culprit, but who knows?

Anyway, sorry for the novel, but hopefully someone here can shed some light on this problem. I thought it might just be related to tire wear, but my VTA runs very consistent even as the tires wear so I don't suspect that's the problem, either.

Any help would be much appreciated!
I don't run the class but my daughters just started running the class and maybe I could give you my two cents. I believe it has something to do with the tires the USGT runs. If I'm not mistaken that class uses the HPI X pattern compound and those tires can be a little edgy after awhile. Saucing method is important in making these tires work. Keep sauce on them for as long as you can (after marshalling get sauce on them until your next race). Also some of the the guys in our club run the VTA tires (D compound?) and run USGT bodies. Those rear tires have a wider foot print for better rear traction. Ask your RD if your allowed to run the VTA tires in USGT class. Good luck.
Old 05-17-2013, 12:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Anyone looking to buy a TC6.1 worlds kit I really don't want to sell it but I have to let it go i have some things to take care of. I love this car hate to get rid of it and I haven't even ran it on the track. If interested let me know I have a lot of option parts for it that havent been installed yet, and some on there way should be here next week some time. Ill post pictures tomorrow.
Old 05-17-2013, 06:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Typeone
Anyone looking to buy a TC6.1 worlds kit I really don't want to sell it but I have to let it go i have some things to take care of. I love this car hate to get rid of it and I haven't even ran it on the track. If interested let me know I have a lot of option parts for it that havent been installed yet, and some on there way should be here next week some time. Ill post pictures tomorrow.
Tim I'm so sorry that you have to sell your car we need racers like you in our club. I hope you get another car soon and come out an race with us. You will have a great time out at Hobbytown Fresno. Bring your car to the race Saturday hope you can sell it locally so the car can at least make a local racer happy!
Brian
Old 05-17-2013, 08:08 AM
Tech Master

I see Yokomo released a set of aeration shock caps that are designed to improve the car’s handling on bumpy tracks. Can we use these on the TC6.1 shocks and if not what are my options to duplicate the same effect. I race on a short, bumpy and tight track.

My next question is, I race 17.5 TC and mostly on carpet. When do I want to use a different top deck? Thiner, thicker or cut? What are the things I should be looking for?

Last edited by JustWill75; 05-17-2013 at 12:21 PM.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:55 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by JustWill75
I see Yokomo released a set of aeration shock caps that are designed to improve the car’s handling on bumpy tracks. Can we use these on the TC6.1 shocks and if not what are my options to duplicate the same effect. I race on a short, bumpy and tight track.
I believe that Rick experimented with this a while ago. I think he used some associated parts, either from the TC5 or B4 I think, but you better ask him.
Old 05-17-2013, 06:26 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by YoDog
Yes, 190mm is the standard track width for electric touring car classes.
Thanks man I just wasn't for sure.
Old 05-19-2013, 03:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J_Bone
Thanks for the help!! I will be getting it back together and see how it runs.
I tried all the suggestions to get the car from pulling, nothing worked.
I finally had to shim the top plate on certain corners to minimize this. It's still not where I want it to be.
When I unbolt everything on the top plate and bulkheads, the chassis has a twist in it. Kind of disappointed it was like this from day one. No wonder it was so hard to drive.
After getting the chassis shimmed, I finally tq'ed (finished 2nd because of a mistake when trying to get around lappers).
Old 05-19-2013, 06:17 PM
Tech Regular

http://http://www.amainhobbies.com/p...ear-Body-190mm

Is this a Race body?
Old 05-19-2013, 07:16 PM
Tech Master

I race mainly 17.5 blinky on a carpet track thats 70'x45' . I want to know when do I change the top deck on my car. Thicker, thiner or cuts, what should I be looking for and how can I gain a advantage over my competition?
Old 05-19-2013, 11:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I race mainly 17.5 blinky on a carpet track thats 70'x45' . I want to know when do I change the top deck on my car. Thicker, thiner or cuts, what should I be looking for and how can I gain a advantage over my competition?
The nice thing about the TC6 is, there is only one top deck. There are cuts that can be made on the front and rear if you want more chassis flex, but if you want to have a better advantage over the competition, you will need to become familiar with the roll center blocks and the droop screws to suit your driving style. Start with the kit settings and go from there.
Old 05-20-2013, 02:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I race 17.5 TC and mostly on carpet. When do I want to use a different top deck? Thiner, thicker or cut? What are the things I should be looking for?
In combination with the WC chassis I found the slotted standard topdeck (front and rear slot) to be the best way to go. I am also driving 17.5t indoor and the slotted topdeck worked on all tracks very nice!
Old 05-21-2013, 11:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Just finished my current build WORLDS TC6.1

Old 05-22-2013, 08:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by -jacob-
Just finished my current build WORLDS TC6.1

Is this set up to run the HPI 911 body? Does the body fit?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.