Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 01:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Rick, you're doing a really good job of hiding your disdain for foam tires. :-)
I love foam tires!
Old 11-30-2006, 01:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dakrat
sorry if this has been covered before, is the new touring car going to have a 4 cell chassis?
is my post invisible or is it just VIPs allowed here?
Old 11-30-2006, 01:40 PM
Tech Elite

The only one who can answer that with certainty is the AE engineers. I have only tested 6 cell cars. And my assumption is that the new car will be released with a 6 cell chassis as this is what is used in the U.S., and will work with 4 and 5 cell configurations.

I highly doubt a 4 cell kit would be offered. However if there is demand, I don't see why AE would not release option chassis optimized for 4 and 5 cell configurations if found to be an improvement over the 6 cell version.
Old 11-30-2006, 01:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Edit: Rick beat me to the answer but enjoy my comments anyway

no questions on this thread will be overlooked.

The chassis has six slot on it so I think you have no problem running four cells. The bigger question would be battery placement. At this time most of the races have been six cells. The four cell thing might take a while enforce at the local scene. I am sure the team drivers can cover this topic better then I.

Hope that helps.

Kevin Boyle
Old 11-30-2006, 02:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

415's going on sale...Thanks for the recap Rick...
Old 11-30-2006, 04:52 PM
Tech Regular

Something that might show when this car is going to be available is the FT-TC4 is no longer show as being made.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
Since most of the drivers were still using rears on the front, I decided to put the on for the main to see what they would do. Not only did they give more steering, the were EASIER to drive. Had I started with this set-up, I would have been a lot better off.
So you ran 28mm on the front and 26mm on the rear?

THX,

P.S. Good luck at Novak Race...
Old 11-30-2006, 06:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Rick,

Were the tires single stage or dual stage and where they pink or dble pink or something else??

Thanks
Kevin Boyle
Old 11-30-2006, 06:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bhambrent
So you ran 28mm on the front and 26mm on the rear?

THX,

P.S. Good luck at Novak Race...

I'm not Rick but I am pretty sure that is not what he meant by saying he ran "rears on the front".

Both the front and rears would be the same Dia. either 26 or 28s but with both the front and rear being the same compound.

What he was saying is that most everyone was running what has always been a "REAR COMPOUND" on the front also.

So Most were running 26mm Dbl Pinks all the way around in Stk-19t and 28mm Dbl Pinks in Mod. or Maybe Parma Magentas all the way around.

Hope this clears that up.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:28 PM
Tech Regular

For mod it was mostly 28mm tires. Rick ran Parma tires, I am not sure if he ran their prototype tires (wraps) or standard tires in the main.

99% of the jaco drivers ran dbl. pink wraps all the way around.

Hope this helps!!!
Old 12-01-2006, 05:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by walterhenderson
For mod it was mostly 28mm tires. Rick ran Parma tires, I am not sure if he ran their prototype tires (wraps) or standard tires in the main.

99% of the jaco drivers ran dbl. pink wraps all the way around.

Hope this helps!!!

Thanks for info. Looking forward to running car.

Later
Kevin Boyle
Old 12-01-2006, 06:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

any spy shots available...Now I'm getting antsy!!!
Old 12-01-2006, 07:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

No spy shots needed.... i dont believe they care if photos are taken of the car.... Saw it at the halloween classic. Bob was very nice guy to talk to and he had some great info about the car and how it was progressing towards its completion of development.... Ver nice looking car too.... Just wondering if all the bulkheads are going to end up blue in the consumer kits or stay silver/chrome what ever color it is lol

I vote for silver/chrome bulkheads with all the screws and other aluminum and steel pieces blue....
Old 12-01-2006, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by imprsme
I'm not Rick but I am pretty sure that is not what he meant by saying he ran "rears on the front".

Both the front and rears would be the same Dia. either 26 or 28s but with both the front and rear being the same compound.

What he was saying is that most everyone was running what has always been a "REAR COMPOUND" on the front also.

So Most were running 26mm Dbl Pinks all the way around in Stk-19t and 28mm Dbl Pinks in Mod. or Maybe Parma Magentas all the way around.

Hope this clears that up.
Yes!

I ran prototype Parma 28mm wraps the whole weekend - Magenta in the rear and Cyan in the front until the main when I used Magenta all the way around. Rob Shaffer was in the stock main and used the same 28mm set-up (he was using my one runs). Although he continued with Magenta/Cyan in the main.
Old 12-01-2006, 07:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wallstreet
No spy shots needed.... i dont believe they care if photos are taken of the car.... Saw it at the halloween classic. Bob was very nice guy to talk to and he had some great info about the car and how it was progressing towards its completion of development.... Ver nice looking car too.... Just wondering if all the bulkheads are going to end up blue in the consumer kits or stay silver/chrome what ever color it is lol

I vote for silver/chrome bulkheads with all the screws and other aluminum and steel pieces blue....
There are photos in this thead I think. If not they are floating around somewhere.

The alloy pieces will be factory team blue.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.