Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 03:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey all,
I'm hoping to install the stock battery strap but I don't know the part number for the 2 posts in which the battery strap sits on (then u put the clips in to hold the battery).

Anyone could shed some light on this? I run the factory team chassis but it will still be fine. I've been using tape and its a bit crappy/messy.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tt01-demon
Hey all,
I'm hoping to install the stock battery strap but I don't know the part number for the 2 posts in which the battery strap sits on (then u put the clips in to hold the battery).

Anyone could shed some light on this? I run the factory team chassis but it will still be fine. I've been using tape and its a bit crappy/messy.
Look at AE site then manual then TC4, you will have all the ref numbers.
Old 09-07-2011, 01:28 PM
Tech Addict

Hey all,

FT TC4 Battery Strap part #31126

http://www.teamassociated.com/cars_a...s_accessories/
Old 09-07-2011, 02:00 PM
Tech Addict

Default Motor Fan

Olly986,

What type of fan are using? and what are motor temps?

I have a clamp type fan and when I temp my motor the top is around 170* but the bottom is over 200*.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The Ae ft team battery strap might still not hold lipos without modifications ! It was designed for Nimh packs, unless you guys have found a mod for it ! I use my own 4-40 screw system to brace my lipos, and the diggity design carbon Tc5 strap(#tc5-051) wide to keep my packs from sliding sideways and front to back . I would surely like to know how others make it all work though !!!
Old 09-08-2011, 03:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Well as you can see from my chassis above for the TC3 I reverse the original bar and use the sponge spacer to move my batteries forward or rear, have two smaller foams to set it in middle (one foam at each end) I guess this set up should work on the bathtub TC4 chassis?

Bubblehead, I hope you are talking in farenheit LOL I use a 10.5t X12 which runs quite hot normally and weather here is fairly hot too (25/35 celsius) hence the big fan, I bought a second hand battery (Nimh) cooling system that had 6 fans on, it was cheaper than buying one single fan, they are similar in size to the LRP/Nosram fans 30x30 and on the TC3 it is plugged in my receiver but on the TC6 it is directly on the Lipo (I am short on my receiver of one plug having the extra transponder on too and I do not like running a Y connection)

Temp runs around 75/85 celsius
Old 09-08-2011, 03:23 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by olly986
Well as you can see from my chassis above for the TC3 I reverse the original bar and use the sponge spacer to move my batteries forward or rear, have two smaller foams to set it in middle (one foam at each end) I guess this set up should work on the bathtub TC4 chassis?

Bubblehead, I hope you are talking in farenheit LOL I use a 10.5t X12 which runs quite hot normally and weather here is fairly hot too (25/35 celsius) hence the big fan, I bought a second hand battery (Nimh) cooling system that had 6 fans on, it was cheaper than buying one single fan, they are similar in size to the LRP/Nosram fans 30x30 and on the TC3 it is plugged in my receiver but on the TC6 it is directly on the Lipo (I am short on my receiver of one plug having the extra transponder on too and I do not like running a Y connection)

Temp runs around 75/85 celsius
It would have been nice if would have done the math for me (LOL), for my non-celsius friends 167*/185*. I will be ordering a 30x30 fan, is the fan mounted to the chassis or the motor? and are you measuring your temp on the bottom of the motor?
Old 09-08-2011, 07:07 PM
Tech Champion

Bathtub tc4's are very good and straightfoward with lipo packs, it's the Fttc4 that needs modding . Also, the fan directly wired to the lipo must be alot more effective than the Bec ones ...nice....
Old 09-11-2011, 10:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bubblehead
It would have been nice if would have done the math for me (LOL), for my non-celsius friends 167*/185*. I will be ordering a 30x30 fan, is the fan mounted to the chassis or the motor? and are you measuring your temp on the bottom of the motor?
I just fitted it with one screw and threadlock on a cheap motor clamp.

Not all fans will work long on 7.4v but so far have used mine all season without a problem, just one thing that I do is use a connector between the battery and fan.
Old 09-11-2011, 12:36 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by olly986
I just fitted it with one screw and threadlock on a cheap motor clamp.

Not all fans will work long on 7.4v but so far have used mine all season without a problem, just one thing that I do is use a connector between the battery and fan.
Thanks, I'm going to switch back to 17.5 non-boosted I'm going to need a bigger fan. I just can't figure out boosted I tried last year when I got back into racing.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I am currently in the process of building a TC4 from ground up with new parts to work with a Castle Creations 1515 2200kv Neu Motor. I am hoping to run very high gearing and hope to crack some very decent speeds.

I need to try find some 6mm alloy to which I will make my mount out of, as the motor will have to sit a bit higher.

I am using a 150amp hobbyking ESC which will support 22v muhaha
Old 09-12-2011, 05:33 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey all,

I HAVE A MILLING MACHINE SO I PUT THE WHOLE CAR IN IT AND TOOK OUT THE TABS. NOW IT SITS FLAT RIGHT ON THE TUB. I USE A DENSE FOAM TAPE ON THE SIDE OF THE BATTERIES DEPENDING ON WHAT SIDE I NEED IT ON.

Old 09-12-2011, 09:11 AM
Tech Champion

That's easy with a tub chassis, but who has a system for the Ft tc4 ?????
Old 09-12-2011, 06:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
That's easy with a tub chassis, but who has a system for the Ft tc4 ?????
In My FT TC4 I didn;t have the posts for the stock battery strap so I made my own.

A little hokey but it works Took 2 steering posts from a bin of parts from my old T-maxx Cut them down a little bit and glued in a threaded piece ( the screw that holds the tmaxx out drives to the trasmission then just used a plastic nut to hold a custom battery strap I made out of scrap aluminum that I put a 90 degree bend into that stiffened it so I will clam the battery better

Then I coated it in liquid rubber to provide friction to the battery and it does not move one bit

My Phone is not taking clear pics here as the light is terrible so I'll find my point and shoot and get some better ones
Old 09-13-2011, 12:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

I am currently in the process of building a TC4 from ground up with new parts to work with a Castle Creations 1515 2200kv Neu Motor. I am hoping to run very high gearing and hope to crack some very decent speeds.

I need to try find some 6mm alloy to which I will make my mount out of, as the motor will have to sit a bit higher.

I am using a 150amp hobbyking ESC which will support 22v muhaha
Will you be able to fit all this in your car?? can get top speed (90kmh+) with a "simple" 10.5t boosted and 7.4v pack 60C.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.