Like Tree5Likes

AME T SHOX

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 06:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nico'
Hi,

I wonder, in T-shox box, it should be 8 10042 conical shims?
because I got only 4....
what I wonder is even if I screw 10004 at the same strength, the 4 shocks, without oil have totally different hardness, maybe because they are new...

I need so screw one 10004 very gentle or I have like 1000 cst in my shock and the 3 other I can screw normally.
Where did you buy yours?

-Mike
Old 01-29-2013, 06:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grippgoat
I am not impressed so far.

1) Times two o-rings means that with no fluid at all, these things feel like my Schumacher shocks with 50wt.

2) The top cap assembly is retarded. First, the threads don't want to engage when you try to screw the cap on. I followed Jorge's video, and I had to press the cap down really, really hard to get the threads to touch, then try and back thread it to make sure it's straight, and then screw it on. It was really, really hard to get the threads to catch without cross-threading, and then I'm not sure the shaft guide even sits flat once it's on. There's barely any thread engagement, and the o-ring in the cap gets sliced up on the shock body.

-Mike
Try to assemble the topcap with the shaft all the way up, should be easier

what I wonder is even if I screw 10004 at the same strength, the 4 shocks, without oil have totally different hardness, maybe because they are new...

I need so screw one 10004 very gentle or I have like 1000 cst in my shock and the 3 other I can screw normally.
@both, maybe try the shocks with some oil (or the green AE stuff) applied to the o-rings? did that with mine, no problems at all
Old 01-29-2013, 08:28 AM
Tech Adept

If the plastic guides are tight you can run a 3mm arm reamer through them to speed up the break in process.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:37 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jorgesimes
T-Shox Assembly procedure

Hi All,

This is my method and only my responsability, i'm pretty sure AME will bring an instruction video very soon, until, you could watch how i do you it and some more details of the T-Shox.

Extra Tip - Use an arm reamer on the guidance pieces

Somehow missed the part when i put the rebound springs on the shock shaft, you should put it before you fill them with oil.

Hope you like it.

Cheers.
I think it's the main tip to solve most of the problems.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:38 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

The thick plastic guide in the bottom is too thick. When you tighten the bottom end cap all the way down it squishes the o-ring and binds up the shock.

The holes in the piston are drilled too close to the edge which causes the piston to be out of round and rub the inside the shock body.

Quality control on these things is sh*t. Great job.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:59 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by syndr0me
The thick plastic guide in the bottom is too thick. When you tighten the bottom end cap all the way down it squishes the o-ring and binds up the shock.

The holes in the piston are drilled too close to the edge which causes the piston to be out of round and rub the inside the shock body.

Quality control on these things is sh*t. Great job.
did you put the conical washer in the bottom with the right side up?
Old 01-29-2013, 04:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

so quick question about the rebound settings with these shocks, if i don't run the little springs inside the shock does that mean zero rebound? im looking to have no rebound in these shocks, thanks for any help guys.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:55 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bozzplayer
so quick question about the rebound settings with these shocks, if i don't run the little springs inside the shock does that mean zero rebound? im looking to have no rebound in these shocks, thanks for any help guys.
yes, without the little spring you will have zero rebound, that's how I'm using the shocks on indoor carpet.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:20 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by grippgoat
Where did you buy yours?

-Mike
I bought mine at RC market,

so 100042 X4 conical shims missing and a bad finish

reading other messages I think I need to use a reamer for guidances pieces.
Do you have a link where to buy a 3mm reamer please?

I built my shocks many times ( using greenslime of course) , there are still a difference of stiffness without oil but it is better, I was hoping after some runs guidance piece would be "ground", is it possible or I need to buy a reamer?
( I'm not very happy to need to buy a reamer after having paid expensive shocks for poor quality and missing parts, one 10050 part was defective too)
Old 01-29-2013, 11:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Are you guys that ordered the shocks from AME having the same problems as the shocks ordered from Hong Kong?
Old 01-30-2013, 12:01 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by vabroom
Are you guys that ordered the shocks from AME having the same problems as the shocks ordered from Hong Kong?
before having their answer I wrote a message to Andreas Myberg and RC Market,
I' ll tell you what they will answer.
this is the message, sorry for my English:

"Hi RC Market, Hi Andreas Myberg,

I write this letter at the same time to Andreas Myberg (boss of AME-T-shox) and to RC market, where I bought T shox (this is below my order).

I writte to you this message because I received my T shox yesterday and to be honest I am disappointed by the quality,

1/ some parts were missing, as the conical slices 10042 where 4 were present instead of 8 and one white 10050 was defective totally as bad molded.

Fortunately that I had also ordered spare parts, thanks to them I was able to go up my shock.

But please I would like to receive what must be contained in the kit, so thank you for sending it to me.

2/ Then by going up them, I discovered that the passages of piston in the bodies of aluminum shock absorbers were not clean and were sharp with aluminium parts and risked to line the piston.
I have filed these passages with a very soft round file.

3/ Then a shock absorber with a color darker than the others (why?) has his threading down slightly of fault, where screws the part 10004, what puts in constraint parts 10042 and 10041 and restrains completely the shock absorber.

4/ In one shock cap, the diameter of hole for 10050 is too small, so I needed to file a little bit to solve that.

What is necessary it to make please for all these various concerns?

Better greetings,

Nicolas Rouland"
Old 01-30-2013, 12:25 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by vabroom
Ordered mine from Tonisport (he gets them from AME directly) and no problems at all.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:53 AM
Tech Regular

Hello

Got mine from Toni sport, no problems.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:22 AM
Tech Addict

Do you have a link where to buy a 3mm reamer please?
Arm Reamer

This is only one, you've got several from other brands there. Got mine directly from AME and no problems at all. Like i said before issues may arrise when a company is new, but i'm pretty sure Andreas is watching and solving all the problems, for sure he will answer you and wil solve your problem.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:20 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jorgesimes
Arm Reamer

This is only one, you've got several from other brands there. Got mine directly from AME and no problems at all. Like i said before issues may arrise when a company is new, but i'm pretty sure Andreas is watching and solving all the problems, for sure he will answer you and wil solve your problem.
thanks for you reply

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.