Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Hill Camp Courtney RC Park Okinawa Japan

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 07:03 PM
Tech Regular

It was alot of fun and plenty of carnage

Not sure how..........but my Caster buggy survived Anthony in the 2nd qualifier..........which didn't matter because I could get in any rythum in the main.

Got the servo horn issues on the truggy fixed at Torri just in time to demolish a rear A-arm on a not so well executed backflip.........

Buggy held up ok...looks like the plastic spur has had enough of the raw power of the MMM....got it working for one last run and after completing a PERFECT DOUBLE BACKFLIP...........I ran into the pole for the volleyball court......what a retard

stripped something in the wifes DF-03 slipper thingy..............

Losi XXXT MF2 ran fine and couldn't break it

WHAT A FREAKIN BLAST.....we need a big air contest at Hansen Fest!!!
Old 07-03-2010, 08:51 PM
Tech Addict

Well, I didn't break anything (thank G~d). I also wasn't able to make it to the Torii Fest either, so that's probably why, he he he.

So, after changing out all the drivetrain components in my Vorza to the lightweight versions, in addition to the lightweight shock standoffs and wheel hubs, the car lost 49 grams.

Doesn't sound like much, and it probably isn't. I also changed the center diff from 5K to 7K. I never was able to get a good feeling with the car at the race. Of course, I haven't driven off-road in quite some time, and the track is in much different condition then the last time I drove on it, but I never got comfotable with the Vorza at the race.

When I cleaned the car afterwards, I changed the center diff back to 5K.

I think part of the issue is that since I'm using the lightweight drivetrain, the diff oil acts thicker than the number suggests, because it takes less effort for the diff fluid to resist against the lightweight parts, causing the fluid to act thicker than it is.

I made up my mind though...if I end up staying on the island I will get a D8T. as rough as our track is, I think truggies are much better suited. Even if the Vorza had been dialed yesterday, it's almost a waste because you can't really drive a buggy around the course the way I'd want as rough as it is. I think a Truggy is the answer unless we get more dirt on it with less boulders.

- Paulie
Old 07-04-2010, 03:37 AM
Tech Regular

Paulie, you had the same problem I had.............no track time

PRACTCE PRACTICE PRACTICE

Jon, you need about three shots of Jack Daniels before the race..............something to settle your nerves.

Iggy tough luck on the main, but you and Luke made a good showing, congrats.
Old 07-04-2010, 05:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pgeldz
I think part of the issue is that since I'm using the lightweight drivetrain, the diff oil acts thicker than the number suggests, because it takes less effort for the diff fluid to resist against the lightweight parts, causing the fluid to act thicker than it is.
- Paulie

maybe your fluid just needs acting lessons and I need driving lessons...or 3 shots of JD....
Old 07-05-2010, 11:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Today was a good day. 801X is running good. Luke likes my truggy more than his and I broke an A arm on a Caster.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:38 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by igyrigged
Today was a good day. 801X is running good. Luke likes my truggy more than his and I broke an A arm on a Caster.

How did you break an A-arm on a caster..............using Jon to slow down?
Old 07-06-2010, 08:43 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Wish i was there guys. Trying to find the niche in the U.S.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bando711
How did you break an A-arm on a caster..............using Jon to slow down?
a perfect pitch fork landing....ha!

seems that the RX8 sensored thing must have a little bit of drag as Igy and I were discussing as the nose seems to dive. He brought it up off the triple at full speed and the nose just wouldn't come back up....
Old 07-08-2010, 03:08 AM
Tech Regular

Tires, Tires, Tires......what Tires do you all recommend for the Caster buggy at The Hill? Looking for premounted on white rims. Style does not matter....Also, who has the best deal on them?

I know, I'm being lazy!!!!
Old 07-08-2010, 04:00 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by crymynal
Tires, Tires, Tires......what Tires do you all recommend for the Caster buggy at The Hill? Looking for premounted on white rims. Style does not matter....Also, who has the best deal on them?
I know, I'm being lazy!!!!
This is what I ran for the last two races

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...7-41&search=Go

The first race day they worked real well, last weekend they were worn down some and could notice a difference. I had a new set to run in the main but.......call it lazy, cheap, forgetfull, distracted or old, I didn't put new ones on for the main. I think it would have made a difference. Proline must be coming out with a new line as these are getting tough to find. Standard buggy tires are 4.26in in dia. and 1.63in wide. the V3's are 4.5in and 1.9in. Hope this helps.

After some more research the V3's are really tough to find in pre-mounted. The V2 pre-mounted are very close and available. These guys are good to buy from, I have used them for a couple of years http://cgi.ebay.com/Pro-Line-Bow-Tie...item5193abee09

Last edited by bando711; 07-08-2010 at 04:53 AM.
Old 07-09-2010, 03:13 PM
Tech Master

not sure if I'll make it out this weekend...but I did some weed eatin' out there earlier in the week...

need a front out drive on the truggy, droop screws dug into chassis and I dropped the dog bone to the end and snapped it off, center diffs have the right shaft, but the dog bone is too big

putting on button droop screws...

also trying out the pro line calibers next run, gotta glue 'em up

RC Paradise SCT Tuesday night?
Old 07-09-2010, 06:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'll be out there Sunday morning. I'l def be at RCP on Tuesday. Nic, Kenji and another Japanese guy are all gonna be running 17.5 brushless.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

We need to race again...SOOOOOOOOON!
Old 07-10-2010, 04:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Iggy, what time are you going to be up there?
Old 07-10-2010, 06:02 AM
Tech Regular

I will be at RCP Tuesday night............shiney new SCT, but I think it might be underpowered for indoor racing..................

See you Tuesday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.