Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Novarossi where do i return????

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 06:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

No the motor never starter!! well technically what is broken idk but when i spin the flywheel, the cylinder moves, but at the beginning it makes a weird noise and for a while the cylinder doesn't move while spinning the engine... weird, but again there was never combustion in the engine
Old 05-31-2010, 07:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Are you sure the piston is not stopping at the top in the pinch and then the flywheel is slipping?
Old 05-31-2010, 07:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default PM

You have PM. Doug if you have never dealt with Nova or fusion then stop posting about how its gonna work because you dont know.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:43 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

first off , have you preheated the engine? do you know what you are doing when it comes to running these engines? i agree with earlier poster that what you are feeling is the metal pinch between the piston and sleeve . these engines require a lengthy break in process .

so in closing i doubt your engine is "broke" but rather in need of service from a well versed nitro guy
Old 05-31-2010, 08:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

excuse me are you calling me dumb?? sorry no offense but i have a bunch of engines and many more novarossi's and i know how to break in an engine, it isn't normal, the piston and the crankshaft are directly attached if the sleeve rotates but the piston doesn't move for about 20 degree spin the motor is broken. Or am I missing something?? I could be wrong...
Old 05-31-2010, 08:07 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mf305
excuse me are you calling me dumb?? sorry no offense but i have a bunch of engines and many more novarossi's and i know how to break in an engine, it isn't normal, the piston and the crankshaft are directly attached if the sleeve rotates but the piston doesn't move for about 20 degree spin the motor is broken. Or am I missing something?? I could be wrong...
and how are we supposed to know your experience level?

when posed with the questions you asked , i would assume that you are a nitro novice and just because you have a lot of nitro engines by no means make you an expert

hope you get it all worked out , if there is indeed a problem with the engine from the factory , it will get taken care of GUARANTEED , if it is your fault you will have to pay for the repairs
Old 05-31-2010, 08:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

The sleeve is in there pretty tight, nowhere for it to rotate. Shoot a video of what you are seeing and post it. There will be a point at TDC where the piston wont move but the flywheel will rotate back and forth quite a bit.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:12 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mf305
what you are saying makes no sense.... the sleeve does not rotate... the crank does which causes the piston to move up and down on the connecting rod....if the piston is getting stuck top dead center the piston will not move for 20-40 degrees while on top dead center but the crank and rod you will see move.... but not the piston... the sleeve will never move in an engine unless the head is loose...... some picks might help out if you can post them.... remeber we are all just trying to help you out..... jeremy
Old 05-31-2010, 08:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thank you, ya when i rotate the crankshaft it doesn't make a normal noise, and the crank rotates for a bit without the cylinder moving, is that normal? I don't want to send the engine back and it's alright. Please let me know, i think that the piston is loose a bt from the crankshaft, so it can move a little bit.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by camocowboy
You have PM. Doug if you have never dealt with Nova or fusion then stop posting about how its gonna work because you dont know.
Ill post what ever i want greg. I made it clear that novarossi may be different but i have delt with sending an engine to a manufacture due to an issue, and with all race engines, they do not carry Warrantys so unless they wanna be great on customer service they dont have to do squat
Old 05-31-2010, 08:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 82 (99%+)

lmao, this guy sounds like a total Newb,

Douglas, Calm down, Novarossi is pretty good when it comes to customer service, though they are not hitec! they try to keep there customers unlike some companies.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

dude if you just want to come a criticize me get the hell out... First off everyone has to learn... second I bet you may know a lot about rc cars, I know more about other things. so please this thread is to help Shut up dude
Old 05-31-2010, 08:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi_racer
Ill post what ever i want greg. I made it clear that novarossi may be different but i have delt with sending an engine to a manufacture due to an issue, and with all race engines, they do not carry Warrantys so unless they wanna be great on customer service they dont have to do squat
Sounds like a certain Japanese engine manufacturer to me. OS engines maybe??

I'm with Houston on this one. You don't sound very experienced with nitro engines. Is there maybe someone more experienced you can show the engine to? It sounds to me like you may have a normal new engine. The piston will rotate easily for the first bit of the stroke until it hits the "pinch zone". At this point you will feel a lot of resistance.

As Jer said, the Cylinder will Not move at any point.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smokinu
lmao, this guy sounds like a total Newb,

Douglas, Calm down, Novarossi is pretty good when it comes to customer service, though they are not hitec! they try to keep there customers unlike some companies.
as thats what i was trying to explain, im not sure how they work they could be great

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
Sounds like a certain Japanese engine manufacturer to me. OS engines maybe??

I'm with Houston on this one. You don't sound very experienced with nitro engines. Is there maybe someone more experienced you can show the engine to? It sounds to me like you may have a normal new engine. The piston will rotate easily for the first bit of the stroke until it hits the "pinch zone". At this point you will feel a lot of resistance.

As Jer said, the Cylinder will Not move at any point.

i got them to replace parts
Old 05-31-2010, 09:40 PM
Tech Addict

Douglas what I think they are trying to say is if you haven't delt with or have any idea on a certain subject, its best to keep your mouth shut before you make yourself look like a total idiot.

But feel free to post whatever you want.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.