Old 08-07-2015, 02:47 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 68sportcoup
got the shocks all apart.
and what I found was 2 hole pistons all around
ill assume they are the 22 pistons.
so im putting new #3 pistons in.
will this be a big change and if so in witch direction.
was going to stick with the 25 and 30 oil.
thanks again
What 2 hole pistons where in there? where they marked?
Old 08-07-2015, 07:55 PM
Tech Regular

Is anybody fielding the SCTE 2.0 at the Nats or any 4x4 short course for that matter?
Old 08-08-2015, 11:01 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Whitey_Wangster
Is anybody fielding the SCTE 2.0 at the Nats or any 4x4 short course for that matter?
4wd SC ran with the 8th scale electric Nats a little while ago. Dakotah Phend won with Maifield second with the SCTE.
Old 08-08-2015, 07:19 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Casper
4wd SC ran with the 8th scale electric Nats a little while ago. Dakotah Phend won with Maifield second with the SCTE.
Nice,Thanks Casper...
Old 08-10-2015, 12:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
What 2 hole pistons where in there? where they marked?
I didn't see any marks on them.
ill check again
rebuilt all 4 with #3s .
reinstalled had a good night got a 1st 2nd and 3rd twice in 4 heets .
brang in the most points of the evening.
15 degree caster blocks are next.
Old 08-12-2015, 04:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Going to be running one of the 1.0s with the mip chassis and the 2.0 upgrades. Anybody know of links to good setups? The track is large outdoor hard packed but does get a little dusty low-medium traction and some fairly big jumps.
Thanks
Old 08-12-2015, 05:04 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Turtlex
Going to be running one of the 1.0s with the mip chassis and the 2.0 upgrades. Anybody know of links to good setups? The track is large outdoor hard packed but does get a little dusty low-medium traction and some fairly big jumps.
Thanks
Your best bet is to start stock setup and adjust accordingly.
Contrary to popular belief, there is no magic setup because of obvious reasons like driving style and personal handling preference.
I always start with either stock recommendations if I'm in a hurry or no oil in the shocks and tuning from a good spring resonance.
Balancing things out in weight from side to side and then tooling with forward to back balance always seems to get me a good start.
Everyone is going to have their opinions and everyone is going to do what they want anyhow, so there is really no solid answer to this question.
Just going off what you described the track like, you will most likely want to start light on diff oils and medium weight in shocks.
Your roll center is going to be a determining factor for hooking turns vs stability. But first and foremost, your tires are going to matter most.
For tracks like the one you described, something like Panther Boa super softs have always been a solid choice.

Here is a link to those sheets you want. Just think about what I said before you jump any band wagons, and also realize the tracks these sheets are typically running on is top notch clay or high bite super maintained CA pro circuits. The setups these guys would run on the typical style tracks would look nothing like most of these, I almost guaranty it.
TLR Setup sheets
Old 08-12-2015, 05:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Wink

Thanks
This is a good standard setup that I usually start with. I ran it a couple weeks ago on a loose 1/8 scale outdoor track and it was really good and easy to drive. You might have to go up 2.5 wt on shock oil depending on temp and maybe raise ride height a little. I ran 27mm f/r.

http://www.casper-rc.com/images/TEN_..._13_reduce.pdf
Old 08-12-2015, 07:16 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks

http://app.box.com/s/0f2d69b41d9bd54.../19525378955/1

Start here. It's Matt Olsons.
To Josh's point, you will need to tweak it to your driving style and specific track differences, but this will get you started.
Old 08-12-2015, 07:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thank you Guys. When I was asking for setups I was asking for starting point. I know there is no perfect setup(I should have clarified). What seems to be the common range of shock oils people use so I know what to buy to keep on hand for tuning. And this will be my first time with the scte platform any general tips needed for this truck?
Old 08-12-2015, 07:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

And wicker it says that file has been removed after clicking the link
Old 08-12-2015, 07:43 PM
Tech Regular

And wicker it says that file has been removed after clicking the link
Huh... works for me...

This might be hard to read....
TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread-mo.jpg

But if you goto MIPONLINE and click the Pro4 chassis, there's a link for set ups, then click on Matt's set ups.
Old 08-12-2015, 09:21 PM
Tech Addict

Thank you Guys. When I was asking for setups I was asking for starting point. I know there is no perfect setup(I should have clarified). What seems to be the common range of shock oils people use so I know what to buy to keep on hand for tuning. And this will be my first time with the scte platform any general tips needed for this truck?
I have seen oil as low as 20 and as high as 45. You generally won't see any more or less on the SCTE. 27.5 wt is what the 2.0 gives you in the box stock setup on four corners. The stock diff oils are 3k rear and 5k center and front.
I personally run pretty aggressive, so I found that 5k center was causing me to balloon the front tires to much on a loose track and found a better medium in 7k.
And I didn't mean any offence by what I said about tuning, it's just far to often that people jump to setup sheets instead of finding a tune from the start.
"fredswain" on this forum has some pretty useful advice to explain some of the processes I personally use as well. Look him up and you'll see what I mean about starting from scratch to get your ride handling right for you and your track.
Old 08-13-2015, 06:43 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Josh L
The stock diff oils are 3k rear and 5k center and front.
I personally run pretty aggressive, so I found that 5k center was causing me to balloon the front tires to much on a loose track and found a better medium in 7k.

"fredswain" on this forum has some pretty useful advice to explain some of the processes I personally use as well. Look him up and you'll see what I mean about starting from scratch to get your ride handling right for you and your track.
we run 7 in the front diff, to give a little more steering.
Freds theories and posts are great, whether you agree or not, its thought provoking and great advice and process to test and tune. Josh is on point here too (IMHO).
Old 08-13-2015, 06:58 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Josh L
I have seen oil as low as 20 and as high as 45. You generally won't see any more or less on the SCTE. 27.5 wt is what the 2.0 gives you in the box stock setup on four corners. The stock diff oils are 3k rear and 5k center and front.
And I didn't mean any offence by what I said about tuning, it's just far to often that people jump to setup sheets instead of finding a tune from the start.
I am in 100% agreement to tune the car to you. Don't pick your favorite driver and set it and for get it but you have to start someone and and team setups tend to be great starting points. Not sure how you start from scratch? Kit setup or just "guess"?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.