Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Hill Camp Courtney RC Park Okinawa Japan

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 09:47 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bando711
I don't want to get into the high competition level of the 23t...
This is exactly why I love the 23T class...the level of competition is fierce, and it's definitly not a walk in the park. I think this year with the brushless option, the cars will be even faster, and that will equalize the field a little more. Why? Because the cars will be too fast for the current track, and I'm willign to bet a lot of guys will crash out, and the "slower is faster" folks will prevail.

The GT class will be much better this year too. Tadashi introduced a weight penalty for the top x amount of drivers in the standings. So I'm willing to bet that'll be a game changer, and the racing will be much closer. The top guys could be the bottom tier folks if the previous round of winners all have x amount of weight to carry around. They do this in real touring car racing and it makes for some very, very tight racing.

With that said, this thread is about the off-road track, so...

"I'll see ya in the dirt, and on the rocks!"

- Paulie

Last edited by pgeldz; 01-11-2010 at 10:10 PM.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Will have to try the kiddie track with the Slash, might be the answer...think I'm gonna stick with the 4wd buggies as my competition tho.

off topic--Paulie I checked the time difference between Nov/Dec or 23T brushed vs. brushless, only the top 4 drivers in the A main were faster, by get this...less than 1 second per lap. B mains even or slower and C mains way slower!!! Proves a point as that how fast it goes is not what you need, it's how well it goes fast...

Did any one drive one of my mini baja's on the kiddie track? if so how did that work out, I didn't get a chance to get over there.

Anyone want to load up genny and bring her back to Foster so I can work on her? Won't be able to get there prolly till Monday...
Old 01-11-2010, 11:08 PM
Tech Initiate

I agree with Rob, When i lived in WI i was about 45 mins away from the track that CORR has in Crandon and short course tracks are not rutted out in any way. They get that way from the trucks tearing the track up they have open spots to open things up and tight spots that are technical where people rub. Over time i think the 10th scale could used more areas used to slow things down whoops, single etc if you guys are looking for fender to fender racing.

Just my .02
Old 01-12-2010, 12:16 AM
Tech Regular

Leave the tracks alone for now!!!!! Get the drivers stand in, have some organized races, and then start looking for changes to make the competition closer.

****OFF TOPIC WARNING****
I'm still racing on road. The only change us "beginners" have to do is a motor. Let's run a few races and see what the feeling is after that. I have ran the GT motors against the newer GT class guys and it was still good competition. I don't expect to be in the A main with Miyagi but I want to be in the B main looking for that bump up.
****OFF TOPIC END*****

The Ko Propo timing system is closer to happening now. I'm working on the last few details with the guy. So hopefully in February we can start racing with Ko Propo transponders.

See you in the dirt! and on the asphalt!
Old 01-12-2010, 02:11 AM
Tech Regular

Don't get me wrong I love good competition.............my only point is this is the only place I have every raced that the qualifying heats start with a free for all............no one can give me an explanation why they stager the 23T and not the rest of the classes. Off my soap box....see you Sunday.
Old 01-12-2010, 03:41 AM
Tech Master

So take note:

When WE do races, we will stagger the starts...
Old 01-12-2010, 04:09 AM
Tech Regular

your pretty smart for a teacher...........ironic I am sitting hear developing a lesson plan
Old 01-12-2010, 04:15 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by YDBD
So take note:

When WE do races, we will stagger the starts...
I sure as heck hope we don't. Qualifying maybe...racing, uhh..NO.

- Paulie
Old 01-12-2010, 04:17 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by YDBD
off topic--Paulie I checked the time difference between Nov/Dec or 23T brushed vs. brushless, only the top 4 drivers in the A main were faster, by get this...less than 1 second per lap. B mains even or slower and C mains way slower!!! Proves a point as that how fast it goes is not what you need, it's how well it goes fast...
I agree with you...for once. HA HA HA. But if you re-read what I posted, I said the cars would be faster, NOT lap times.

- P
Old 01-12-2010, 04:24 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Remember Me?

Hi guys. Yeah, it's me, the guy who promised to help with The Hill but never showed up. Not to make any excuses but to tell you the truth I thought I would be on my way to Germany this week. I had the inside line on a job in Wiesbaden and had all but accepted the position, only to find out the dude I was supposed to replace had miraculuously recovered from whatever it was he thought he was dying from. So he decided to stay on till his extension runs out and I'm happy for him. I guess I was meant to stay here a while longer. I had all of my RC stuff on fleaBay but fortunately the highest bidder missed my reserve by 10 bucks. I stopped by to see the track and you all did an awesome job. Hope the soon-to-be-published articles will do you justice.

Mike
Old 01-12-2010, 05:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

By staggered starts, we mean like what we did for the a-main at the BB track? TQ gets head of line prive and so on down the line?
Old 01-12-2010, 05:55 AM
Tech Regular

I'm going to have to check the rule book and verify the starts before to long. However, I do think Ken is right about the qualifiers. We will have staggered starts. One car starts every 2-4 seconds and the main would be mass starts.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:57 AM
Tech Regular

That is correct, the whole purpose of qualifying is to determine a Top Qualifier and to set the rest of the field behind him in the mains. In my opinion the way to determine the best drivers/times in the heat races is to start them at or near the start/finish line at 2-5 second intervals, everyone gets a clean start and can put in a good run. Remember you are running against the clock, the guy with the most laps in the least amount of time wins the heat

the problem with Siro is, every heat race I was in there was some sort of pile up on the first turn.......because the cars are so evenly match it was next to impossible to recover from a tangled start.

Siro 23t heats were ran just like I stated up top, those heats were smooth and fast, with everyone get a fair shake.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:48 PM
Tech Master

Qual format:

Start! Racer 1 (3 seconds) Racer 2 (3 seconds) Racer 3 (3 seconds) Racer 4 (3 seconds) and so on. Each racer hits the timer and start his own time.

Starts would have to be behind the wires, and Anthony can set the minimum lap time to ignore the first beep time, but start the lap time for the first lap.

Main fomat:
Starts are stepped, TQ in the front (pole position), second TQ behind off to the side of pole sitter, third TQ on the same side as pole sitter but about 6' back. Start does not have to be anywhere specific on the track with regards to timing wires.

Siro's qual's for 23T start behind the wires, main starts about 1/2 lap away...

Bojangles, come out to Siro on Sunday in Yomitan to get a better idea...
Old 01-12-2010, 02:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default HPI Baja SS

If anyone is interested in racing Jon and Ken the killer deal on my Baja SS kit will be posted on the old thread. Bought it to race with the Frankfurt 1/5 club but I'm gonna go with 4WD buggies now.

Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.