Wiki Posts
Search

TQ Racing SX8

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 05:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jaco123
Hey, i am having the C-Hub issue with the left hand side. I am currently rebuilding my buggy and cleaned/ inspected the Left hub. Put it back together and noticed that its Binding on something, So i looked and had too much lock tight on the screws, so i replaced them with new ones and i am still having the binding issue ( you have to force it alot to turn the hub). The right side works great... Help??

My guess is the Hub is stripped but i could be wrong.

Hey guys, I bought a new left Knuckle and put brand new screws. Also i did not apply ANY lock tight and i am STILL having the same problem!! I am really lost here. The right side works fine btw.
Old 11-16-2008, 05:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Hey guys, I bought a new left Knuckle and put brand new screws. Also i did not apply ANY lock tight and i am STILL having the same problem!! I am really lost here. The right side works fine btw.
Check all your hinge pins. Make sure everything is all lined up.
Old 11-16-2008, 06:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

on c-hub its a good idea to use as long a screw as you can to go through the hub and all the way into the knuckle. also be sure to use a washer under the screw head jic. careful, if the screw is too long it may hit the cvd.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Take the cvd out and see if it pivots ok. It’s easy to get loctite in the pivot points when you apply it to the knuckle screw. If not, try running less droop. Make sure that you’re not putting stress on your shock cap by running too much droop.
Also, make sure your servo saver nut isn’t rubbing on the post. It will come loose and work its way up and start rubbing on the steering post. Set it where you like it, then put a dab of loctight on it...
Let me know if that helps. If not, you need to just take one thing loose at a time and see what is binding.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:49 PM
vr6
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

r there different springs to buy for the car? i notice on newland's setup and on the tq race website, the car and set show white springs. i have seen people sell on rctech and ebay with different color sprigns.

the springs i have right now are silver and those are what i got n my kit
Old 11-18-2008, 11:46 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by vr6
r there different springs to buy for the car? i notice on newland's setup and on the tq race website, the car and set show white springs. i have seen people sell on rctech and ebay with different color sprigns.

the springs i have right now are silver and those are what i got n my kit
I’m pretty sure the Nanda Sliver springs are the same as TQ White Springs, also I have heard some folks using Kyosho Blue Springs. Someone else might what to chime in and confirm this.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

I still use the stock silver springs on my buggy. I have heard of some guys trying Ofna springs though.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Brian, are you going to make it this Sunday? The race starts at 1:00. The tempts is going to be in the middle 50s so I wouldn't come too early if I were you. The track is the same so all you would need to do is run a tank to practice. If you do come I want to take the buggy for a spin.
Old 11-19-2008, 07:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Take those jumps out of the front strait and I might think about it.
Old 11-19-2008, 07:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Brian....what is Tony up to these days? I have not seen him posting a lot.
Old 11-19-2008, 07:50 AM
Tech Master

Tony has been very busy at work and with his family,He is also doing some electric racing and testing for Academy right now.

Brian you have some new teammates in your area please take good care of them.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:14 AM
Tech Addict

Hey guys, I've installed a set of TQ shocks on my Kyosho ST-RR Truggy, but I'm having a problem with the front arms. To get them to a level position, I've had to adjust the pre-load collars all the way down and this just doesn't seem right to me. I'm using 50wt oil with the blue(hard) Jammin springs. Any ideas as to what might be wrong here??? I appreciate any help, thanks!!
Old 11-19-2008, 08:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thats great Luther! Chill Will is another driver in the area you need to take a look at. He is one of the top truggy drivers in the area and would be a great addition to the team.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Yeah Brian, I can introduce you to Richard Douglas and Doc. Pretty cool guys and 10 years ago Richard helped me a ton get going. You need to focus on racing in central Alabama with us if you want to put that sx8 in the limelight and really push it to the community. I know it's a drive but you can stay with me. I'm 15 minutes from nitro fever, 40 minutes from the snakepit, 45-5o minutes from Madmaxx, and about 1 hour and 15 from tbirds.

Your kinda out of the loop up north with most of the fastest guys being south. Since luther is loading the state up with sx8 drivers I'm going to work extra hard making sure the "belt" stays with the losi camp

It will be fun. You off any weekdays? We can go practice solo.....

let me know
Old 11-19-2008, 10:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Ohhh I will be down there a ton next year. With me just moving here and all we have been very buisy this year. I am sure I will take you up on your offer to stay at your place while racing down there.

Just keep that Losi stuff far away from me.

Nate said he was going to try have 1 more race this year, keep your ears open.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.