Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 06:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Where can I pre-order a blue v4 5.5?
Soon.

Originally Posted by latentspeed
For the team drivers and anyone else who knows anything about the new 4.0 motors, what is the power band like? Improved punch off the line I hope.
Soon

The MMM and V3 modifieds are still solid. Viktor Wilck won 3 of his heats with a few 2nd at the Reedy Race this past weekend running MMM motors.

Lee Passehl, if I recall correctly, choose to run Speed Passion motors in the Open Class. He was on top of the sheets through early qualifying. He ended up 4th overall all.

Originally Posted by LOSI123
Can anyone tell me if the Reventon R Esc will be ok for running a 10.5T with boost in a 4wd buggy? and do the Reventon Esc's work ok with tekin gen2 motors as that what i already have etc... Im asking as the old cirtix stock club esc I had would'nt work with novak motors etc i think it was back then... cheers
You can run an R, but if you are running Boost just check temps based on your gearing. I don't see any reason why the Reventon couldn't run a Tekin.

Originally Posted by xrayracer1
Ok, I'm about a snowflake in a snow storm away from roundhouse kicking my laptop across the room.

I've re-installed the program twice and it still won't recognise my SP Reventon pro 1.1! Every time I connect it to my laptop, it all lights up but my laptop makes a noise notification that is not the same as when you usually connect the usb.

What the hell am I doing wrong??????
A few things:

1. Delete the SP software from your PC. reboot.
2. Reinstall SP software on your PC.
3. Only connect your programmer card. Before connecting it to the PC hold down the RESET button. While holding the RESET button connect the programmer to the PC.

This will enter the software into the mode where you can update the programmers firmware. On your PC screen, a small box should appear that says "UPDATE FIRMWARE". PRESS that and select the newest firmware. This should take 4-6 minutes at most.

4. Just to be safe. Once it's complete disconnect the programming box, Close the Speed Passion PC software.

5. Start up the software again, plug the programming box into the PC, and now connect your ESC. Make sure the LIPO/Battery is NOT connected. Also disconnect the fan if it is plugged into the ESC.

It should recognize your ESC.

What laptops are you using? Window XP/7?
Old 05-27-2014, 07:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

"Lee Passehl, if I recall correctly, choose to run Speed Passion motors in the Open Class. He was on top of the sheets through early qualifying. He ended up 4th overall all."

That's correct. I ran an MMM 4.5 T throughout the entire RROC event. By far it was the smoothest motor on power compared to other popular brands that I have tried. The MMM allowed me to concentrate on driving an aggressive line and not worry about excessive on power torque over steer/tire spin in some of Tamiya Raceway's very tight turns. I also had awesome on power speed on the straight often times picking up 2-4 feet per lap on my nearest competitor. Braking was smooth and controllable and NEVER once faded during the course of a race. The best part was the motor ran very cool (120-130 degree range)with just one fan mounted behind it. I could put the car where ever I wanted to with confidence. If the V4 is better than the 3.0 MMM, I'll be thrilled to run it at the ROAR Asphalt Nat's and the IFMAR World's in Kissimmee, FL. in late July/august and early October.
Old 05-27-2014, 08:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nexus

A few things:

1. Delete the SP software from your PC. reboot.
2. Reinstall SP software on your PC.
3. Only connect your programmer card. Before connecting it to the PC hold down the RESET button. While holding the RESET button connect the programmer to the PC.

This will enter the software into the mode where you can update the programmers firmware. On your PC screen, a small box should appear that says "UPDATE FIRMWARE". PRESS that and select the newest firmware. This should take 4-6 minutes at most.

4. Just to be safe. Once it's complete disconnect the programming box, Close the Speed Passion PC software.

5. Start up the software again, plug the programming box into the PC, and now connect your ESC. Make sure the LIPO/Battery is NOT connected. Also disconnect the fan if it is plugged into the ESC.

It should recognize your ESC.

What laptops are you using? Window XP/7?
Well.......I did everything you said and it still doesn't work. It doesn't even recognise the program card. The program card says firm wear update, but there is nothing on the pc screen to say the program recognises the program card.

Im using windows 7.

I may have to try it on another computer..... :\
Old 05-27-2014, 08:52 PM
Tech Master

Well.......I did everything you said and it still doesn't work. It doesn't even recognise the program card. The program card says firm wear update, but there is nothing on the pc screen to say the program recognises the program card.

Im using windows 7.

just to share my experience with the program card not able to be detected in window. If your esc connecting together with the program card and then you hook it up to your PC and you get nothing on your PC, Pls do ensure the cooling Fan been disconnected from your ESC. Some people do direct connection motor Fan to the ESC power point too. if you do the same pls do disconnect both of them. With the fan connected and run while you try to hook up to PC it actually consume more power. PC USB port only able to support up to 500mA current. The USB port will not work properly if the load more than 500mA.
Old 05-28-2014, 04:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Im using windows 7.

Sounds like the driver portion of the software may not be installed? this happened to me w/Wind7. I had to manually go into some settings to allow the computer to get it to install the driver. It wouldn't do it automatically when I installed the software.
Old 05-28-2014, 01:15 PM
Tech Champion

Im using windows 7.

Try a different USB port. Also double check the plugs going into the programmer card are matched up...positive/negative.

Can also try and go directly to the folder that the software exists and manually install the driver.

Reventon PC Software Download and Installation: http://youtu.be/JYL0r3hdaXA

I'm not sure what you mean by "it doesn't recognize the programmer card". But you also state it says up to date.
Old 05-28-2014, 06:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kwiksi
Sounds like the driver portion of the software may not be installed? this happened to me w/Wind7. I had to manually go into some settings to allow the computer to get it to install the driver. It wouldn't do it automatically when I installed the software.
Thankyou so much! I did some poking around through the files and installed the usb drivers manually and its now working! Again, thankyou!
Old 05-28-2014, 06:22 PM
Tech Champion

Thankyou so much! I did some poking around through the files and installed the usb drivers manually and its now working! Again, thankyou!
Awesome. Glad this worked out and thank D. Perez helping.
Old 06-06-2014, 06:40 AM
Tech Elite

Hi there

I just got a Reventon Stock Club Race ESC a few days ago.

Anyone know excatly how the ABS brake works? Is it doing some kind of pulsating simulating a real car ABS brake? Or is it just marketing blah blah and it's just a ordinary ESC brake?

Will it be a bad idea to use the TX ABS simoultanously? If the ESC really has some kind of ABS, they'll probably interfere....
Old 06-08-2014, 01:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Just had a couple of issues with my Revonton pro 1.0. First issue was all of a sudden after a month and a half one of the connections to the Deans came undone so I re- soldered it. Five minutes after it does it again, so I change connectors.
I go to turn it back on and it acts as if it needs calibration again. I run thru that process and it turns itself off as it should. I then am not able to keep it on without holding the button. I have steering and no throttle only with my finger on it. Any ideas?
Old 06-08-2014, 09:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I'm thinking of running a Speed Passion Reventon Pro 1 or 1.1 for mod any tips?
Old 06-09-2014, 01:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

hey...im trying to update my SP GT 2.0 pro to blinky mode software(HW 508 no timing)...but when i try to update through usb link it says this "The current version (V3.0_120428STOCK) can not be updated to the version (V3_508_No Timing)!" Can someone help me? I'm running the esc with a 17.5 and it needs to be blinky...any suggestions?
using the HW 2 in 1 pro LCD box FW is HW v1.08_120504
esc fw is V3.0_120428STOCK

Last edited by Rc-007; 06-09-2014 at 01:51 AM.
Old 06-16-2014, 03:31 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Speed Passion Reventon PRO

Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance for any help you could provide.

I bought a Reventon PRO v1 (not the 1.1). After test it with a Robitronic 4.5, a Speed passion 3.0 13.5T and a Speed Passion 3.0 10.5T, it does the same with all of them.

Accelerating from a stopped position or from low revs, the motors make an awful noise but they don't turn. If you push the car and then hit the throttle, it runs.

The ESC leds are both blinking, the orange and the red one, all the time from second one you turn it on.

I read the manual book and it states that a red blinking led is equal to low battery voltage (no way, because two chargers and two voltage meters say 8.3v on each of the three batteries I tested).

Also it says that a blinking orange led means "overheating", no sense when you just turn it on. I read somewhere that it can also mean a sensor communicating error.

I did the calibrating sequence for my Sanwa MT-4 as the book says, like 10 times.

I updated and downgraded the firmware to test the MOD0, MOD1, MOD2, STOCK0 and STOCK1 (actualy on this one)

I also read for close to an hour this forum, but with +800 pages I couldn't find a similar problem. I'm sorry if the answer is here already.

Does this mean the ESC has the sensor board "fried"?

Thanks.

Last edited by kikerumbo; 06-16-2014 at 03:36 AM. Reason: Add info...
Old 06-16-2014, 05:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kikerumbo
Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance for any help you could provide.

I bought a Reventon PRO v1 (not the 1.1). After test it with a Robitronic 4.5, a Speed passion 3.0 13.5T and a Speed Passion 3.0 10.5T, it does the same with all of them.

Accelerating from a stopped position or from low revs, the motors make an awful noise but they don't turn. If you push the car and then hit the throttle, it runs.

The ESC leds are both blinking, the orange and the red one, all the time from second one you turn it on.

I read the manual book and it states that a red blinking led is equal to low battery voltage (no way, because two chargers and two voltage meters say 8.3v on each of the three batteries I tested).

Also it says that a blinking orange led means "overheating", no sense when you just turn it on. I read somewhere that it can also mean a sensor communicating error.

I did the calibrating sequence for my Sanwa MT-4 as the book says, like 10 times.

I updated and downgraded the firmware to test the MOD0, MOD1, MOD2, STOCK0 and STOCK1 (actualy on this one)

I also read for close to an hour this forum, but with +800 pages I couldn't find a similar problem. I'm sorry if the answer is here already.

Does this mean the ESC has the sensor board "fried"?

Thanks.
Try a known good sensor lead and re calibrate the radio to esc.
Old 06-16-2014, 09:48 AM
Tech Regular

Default Reventon R

I am thinking of getting the Reventon R as a backup ESC.

Am I correct in thinking this ESC can run Stock1 software and I can use the same settings as with my Reventon Pro for 13.5 boosted.

I currently run:

DRRS 8
Hybrid Boost 90%
Hybrid Boost Max 150K
Start RPM 4000
Delay 0.1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.