Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

3Racing Sakura Zero S

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 07:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Zero s to zero with xi rear shock tower, xi steering rack mod, spec r floating servo mod & xi SSK drive shaft.

Old 06-26-2013, 12:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

I've been told that the zero s will soon be discontinued and the xi sport will take its place...should I have waited for the xi sport? Does anyone know the differences between the two? Will it even matter? I will just be upgrading to aluminum and cf as I break things and the car should almost be top notch, right? Just wondering.....TTS
Old 06-26-2013, 04:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

guess im late to the show. i found the xi sport thread...guess ill make the best of my zero s. i sure cant beat the price of the s...still waiting on hk slow shipping...

TTS
Old 06-26-2013, 07:01 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ttsquirrel
guess im late to the show. i found the xi sport thread...guess ill make the best of my zero s. i sure cant beat the price of the s...still waiting on hk slow shipping...

TTS
Ill be running mine for a few years. Especially with hundreds if pages of info on them here.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:06 PM
Tech Master

TTS
Don't stress. I went from a zero s to a full zero to a full xi (not the dh). The only difference between the zero and the xi is a little feel. the xi feels a little smoother but my lap times were the same. I run the xi full time but my son runs the zero and he is running right there with me.
Old 06-27-2013, 12:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

TTS
As the others have stated, don't stress too much over it as the Zero s is still a great entry kit, especially against cars such as the Tamiya TT01 etc

Out of the box the S won't have as many adjustments/options as the full versions but it'll have way more than a tt01.

The very first upgrade I will recommend is the servo saver, the one in the kit is rubbish, I currently use the Tamiya high torque servo savers on both of my cars and they do the job well.
Next would be the alloy shocks. The plastic body ones in the kit work ok for a few weeks, but having to use the "spacer clips" to adjust them gets tedious after a while, and the piston inside is not a precise fit.
When you upgrade the shocks, throw away the top "diaphragm seals" that comes with them and replace them with Tamiya ones such as these ones the 3 racing ones leak no matter how tight you screw the caps on, and the Tamiya ones fit perfectly. The O ring seals that come with them are ok, just remember to put a drop of shock oil on the shafts before you push them through.

There's probably more I could add onto this, which more than likely has been already mentioned, so I'll leave it at that for now.

As for part supplies, I believe the Zero/S will still have parts available as HobbyKing is selling the rebadged Zero S under the Turnigy label, and just from the sheer volume of racers with the cars.

Cheers
Rob.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 145 (100%+)

For the titanium turnbuckles, do u guys just suggest the 3racing ones made for this car or do u suggest a better brand?
Old 06-27-2013, 10:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hello again...I'm trying to find aluminum servo saver in the zero s pink color so everything matches...any ideas or does it not exist? I tried search and no luck...I knaow tqracing doesn't have that color...thanks....TTS
Old 06-27-2013, 11:10 AM
Tech Adept

can I get some help..i use a xerun 3.5t combo in my s...i wanna do some high speed runs but dont know where to go in terms of gearing ..here are my options..i have a 80t, 72t and 65t spur gears on hand. I also have 43t, 37t, 36t, 26t, 22t pinions all 48p. What would be the best selection. Im still fairly a newbie and I dont have the vertical mount so changing is a hassle..so I wanted some advice before having to go the process of trying every one out
Old 06-27-2013, 06:41 PM
Tech Elite

Does anybody have the exact part number for the XI rear arms that we need to narrow the rear? I can't seem to find them. Thanks
Kyle

Last edited by brothainchrist0; 06-27-2013 at 08:29 PM.
Old 06-28-2013, 01:37 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by brothainchrist0
Does anybody have the exact part number for the XI rear arms that we need to narrow the rear? I can't seem to find them. Thanks
Kyle
Part Number SAK-X01
http://www.feralbatteries.com/3-Raci...rms_p_206.html
Old 06-28-2013, 02:01 AM
Tech Elite

Awesome. Thank you!
Old 06-28-2013, 10:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

At local hobbytown races tonight..can't wait to get my zero s to participate. TTS
Old 06-29-2013, 08:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sonspit
can I get some help..i use a xerun 3.5t combo in my s...i wanna do some high speed runs but dont know where to go in terms of gearing ..here are my options..i have a 80t, 72t and 65t spur gears on hand. I also have 43t, 37t, 36t, 26t, 22t pinions all 48p. What would be the best selection. Im still fairly a newbie and I dont have the vertical mount so changing is a hassle..so I wanted some advice before having to go the process of trying every one out
Start out with your largest Spur gear & smallest pinion gear (80/22), run the car for a minute and check the temp of the motor, if the motor is not hot then go the next pinion up and repeat the process.

If the motor is too hot to touch, then you need to go to a smaller pinion or larger spur gear.

Cheers
Rob.
Old 06-29-2013, 01:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hi guys, need help here to decide whether to get this zero s or not, please kindly take a look of the for sale link and give me some ideas: http://www.rctech.net/forum/manila-r...-only-142.html. Sorry i just post the whole link and not only the zero cuz i don't know how to post pics here. I just wanna know if the parts of zero s in the pic a stock or upgraded one? And about the said Tamiya Sport Tuned motor, what can you guys say about it? Any advice?
Sorry am just getting into the touring scene so please bear with me guys.
Thanks a lot

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.