Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Talking That's Right

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
LMAO!!!
Old 09-14-2015, 03:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NeedsHobbyMoney
110$ , and my 1st place ST 13.5 super stock series plaque says it's worth it.
Guess you got me on this one...
Old 09-14-2015, 05:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

110$ , and my 1st place ST 13.5 super stock series plaque says it's worth it.

So are you saying that if you did not have the gear box you could not have won?

The mip box is very helpful in the 17.5 class for the heat dissipation and the improved efficiency. that being said it will not take you from last to first.

I think the best thing you can get is track time that will improve your speed and times more than anything and quite honestly when you get to the point that you can really see an advantage in a couple tenths per lap on your race you wont care about spending the money.

I myself crash way to much to justify spending big money on parts, don't get me wrong I try to buy my to faster lap times but it hasn't worked yet lol
Old 09-14-2015, 05:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I'll give MIP credit for giving people the perception it's needed to be fast. It's just alot of money �� for something 90% of the racers won't do any better with vs. stock parts. Although... MIP tools are a completely different story and totally worth the extra money..
Old 09-14-2015, 05:28 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by kerby
I'll give MIP credit for giving people the perception it's needed to be fast. It's just alot of money �� for something 90% of the racers won't do any better with vs. stock parts. Although... MIP tools are a completely different story and totally worth the extra money..
Fact is I think it is worth the 110 dollars, just need to be able to use it effectively kinda like everything on these cars.
Old 09-14-2015, 05:29 PM
Tech Adept

Default I'm just happy with it Bruhhhh...

Originally Posted by jslider
So are you saying that if you did not have the gear box you could not have won?

The mip box is very helpful in the 17.5 class for the heat dissipation and the improved efficiency. that being said it will not take you from last to first.

I think the best thing you can get is track time that will improve your speed and times more than anything and quite honestly when you get to the point that you can really see an advantage in a couple tenths per lap on your race you wont care about spending the money.

I myself crash way to much to justify spending big money on parts, don't get me wrong I try to buy my to faster lap times but it hasn't worked yet lol
Just so you know none of those words did I type. I wasn't saying that at all....

It's helpful in any class especially 17.5, only driving skill can take you from first to last, and we all know driving time will improve how you react.

All I was saying is that to me, it justified spending the money. I am running it still against a more diverse field now in open class, and different track settings and it still temps out at 125 130 and keeps up just fine. Which gives me the chance for more timing and gearing, I like having that option. An under heated motor is a happier motor.

Everyone is different, and we all feel differently about parts, that's some of the beauty of it all.
Old 09-14-2015, 05:36 PM
Tech Addict

Just so you know none of those words did I type. I wasn't saying that at all....

It's helpful in any class especially 17.5, only driving skill can take you from first to last, and we all know driving time will improve how you react.

All I was saying is that to me, it justified spending the money. I am running it still against a more diverse field now in open class, and different track settings and it still temps out at 125 130 and keeps up just fine. Which gives me the chance for more timing and gearing, I like having that option. An under heated motor is a happier motor.

Everyone is different, and we all feel differently about parts, that's some of the beauty of it all.
completely agree, sometimes when at the top the edge is what it is all about and I know I have looked at them with envy and lust, lol, but for me like I said track time is my most valuable upgrade just wish I had the time lol.

and also note I still have the wish list for the next upgrade I can spend some coin on lol
Old 09-14-2015, 06:54 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

all of this is why stock sucks mod ftw
Old 09-14-2015, 07:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

As usual, I'm a little late. While the MIP trans does not make me drive better it certainly does help me when its hot out. Over the summer its 100+ out, track temps 120-130, and none of my MIP equipped cars have ever overheated during our 7 minute mains. I also like the few extra grams over the rear. If money isn't an issue its a great upgrade. I have 2 or more of each 5 series car/truck and one of each car type has an MIP in it. Its a worth while upgrade. Just like everything else, the haters probably haven't even tried one.
Old 09-14-2015, 08:48 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
all of this is why stock sucks mod ftw
Trust me I agree, I'm just waiting for my Gen 3 Tekin 7.5 😀
Old 09-14-2015, 10:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Trust me I agree, I'm just waiting for my Gen 3 Tekin 7.5 😀
because some how the tekin release of a new 17.5 will make it all better....

Old 09-14-2015, 10:35 PM
mes
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
because some how the tekin release of a new 17.5 will make it all better....

NeedsHobbyMoney is waiting for his 7.5 not 17.5, he wants to run mod. Tekin's new motors look decent, I do understand that he wants one.
Old 09-16-2015, 04:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Need some help on buying please.

I have read a lot on this forum. I am a total noob at 69 years old and am really intrigued by these cars. I have read many 4wd vs 2wd threads. The B5m or maybe the T5m is what I would choose.

But, if I could I would like to get something a bit cheaper. For Canadians a US $ costs roughly between $1.32 and $1.34. depending on the day. The Losi mini 8ight t is possible but it seems from reading the thread that there are issues. It begins to make sense that a B or T 5m would be easier to work on and better quality all around.

I would do some racing with it on packed outdoor tracks and carpet inside.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
thanks, John
Old 09-16-2015, 05:03 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by johndriver
I have read a lot on this forum. I am a total noob at 69 years old and am really intrigued by these cars. I have read many 4wd vs 2wd threads. The B5m or maybe the T5m is what I would choose.

But, if I could I would like to get something a bit cheaper. For Canadians a US $ costs roughly between $1.32 and $1.34. depending on the day. The Losi mini 8ight t is possible but it seems from reading the thread that there are issues. It begins to make sense that a B or T 5m would be easier to work on and better quality all around.

I would do some racing with it on packed outdoor tracks and carpet inside.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
thanks, John
If you want to save money buy user where you can and china electonics where possible. But, the AE line of B5m and T5m are really good. The quality is not that much of an issue. dont cheese out on the car/truck. That would be a mistake. There are some very good inexpensive electronics like hobbywing or trackstar.
Old 09-16-2015, 07:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks Wildcat.
I thought of used but most of what I have seen has been pretty hammered and risky. Besides, having rebuilt and rebuilt helicopters I think building a kit would allow me to learn more about how they are put together so the repair process is not too difficult.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.