Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree104Likes

Yokomo YZ-4

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2016, 12:01 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

front shocks 2x1.6 32.5wt oil orange kyosho spring, rear 2x1.7 30wt oil kyosho gold spring.
Old 01-15-2016, 05:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cracky1970
front shocks 2x1.6 32.5wt oil orange kyosho spring, rear 2x1.7 30wt oil kyosho gold spring.
Thank you
Old 01-15-2016, 11:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Myall
I'm using an Exotek one for Associated B4/5s. The holes line up pretty well.

I think I saw somewhere, someone using one from a Yok touring car, but not tried one myself.
Thanks Brudda
Old 01-15-2016, 09:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Hi guys I am looking at getting a yz4 and was just wondering if this car is targeted specifically for carpet and high bite clay... or if it wil work on low to med clay and also outdoor dirt track in the summer season? I have an xb4 right now but want to get another 4wd. It is between the yz4 and the d413. I just like the looks of the yoko much more than the HB. Also how is driving with the belt drive compared to the normal front rear and center diff setup.? I appreciate any advice.
Old 01-16-2016, 08:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Slapjack
Hi guys I am looking at getting a yz4 and was just wondering if this car is targeted specifically for carpet and high bite clay... or if it wil work on low to med clay and also outdoor dirt track in the summer season? I have an xb4 right now but want to get another 4wd. It is between the yz4 and the d413. I just like the looks of the yoko much more than the HB. Also how is driving with the belt drive compared to the normal front rear and center diff setup.? I appreciate any advice.
No torque steer with the belt drive. The body fits super snug thus first is not really an issue. As far as track types the YZ4 can be set to run super low to super high bite. The belt and pulleys are deep thus they are not going to clog.
Get the aluminum pulleys as they are hard anodized which dirt tends to not stick nearly as much to hard anodized aluminum. This car has tons of different battery layout options. Shorty, saddles, brick as well as setting them in different orientations. This buggy is going to have more low bite set ups developed by owners as time goes on.
You can see some videos of it being raced on low bite conditions in which it kicks some tail.
Also crazy steering and super nimble. Since it's a new platform patience is key as time will create set ups and any possible improvements it may need.
Old 01-16-2016, 10:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Norse
You can see some videos of it being raced on low bite conditions in which it kicks some tail.
where's these videos? i've searched youtube with limited results.
Old 01-16-2016, 10:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by LOW ET
where's these videos? i've searched youtube with limited results.
They are hard to find. There are some video's of Lee Martin racing at an outdoor hard packed dusty dirt track. Look up pro. 10th scale 4wd mod buggy A main's.
Old 01-16-2016, 12:56 PM
Tech Master

There is A video/pics of a indoor very low bite dusty track the YZ4 is being tested on.
Old 01-16-2016, 06:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

There is A video/pics of a indoor very low bite dusty track the YZ4 is being tested on.
Can you link it???
Old 01-17-2016, 08:53 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Slapjack
Mine worked really well on snow today, so I'd guess low grip clay is well within it's capability
Old 01-17-2016, 02:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Great. Thanks for the replies guys
Old 01-17-2016, 02:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

No torque steer with the belt drive. The body fits super snug thus first is not really an issue. As far as track types the YZ4 can be set to run super low to super high bite. The belt and pulleys are deep thus they are not going to clog.
Get the aluminum pulleys as they are hard anodized which dirt tends to not stick nearly as much to hard anodized aluminum. This car has tons of different battery layout options. Shorty, saddles, brick as well as setting them in different orientations. This buggy is going to have more low bite set ups developed by owners as time goes on.
Also crazy steering and super nimble. Since it's a new platform patience is key as time will create set ups and any possible improvements it may need.
Hi gents,

I am about to get a YZ-4 and was wondering if I could get some advice on the must-have optional goodies one should get when running it stock on outdoor dirt/clay?

I know about the narrow belt conversion set, but what else would be good? I mean just what one would put on something like a "stock starter pack". Norse, do you know the part number for the Aluminium pulleys you mentioned?

Also, I have never had a Yokomo before, where can one find more info to get educated on the YZ-4?

Thanks a lot.
Old 01-17-2016, 06:31 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by asalas
Hi gents,

I am about to get a YZ-4 and was wondering if I could get some advice on the must-have optional goodies one should get when running it stock on outdoor dirt/clay?

I know about the narrow belt conversion set, but what else would be good? I mean just what one would put on something like a "stock starter pack". Norse, do you know the part number for the Aluminium pulleys you mentioned?

Also, I have never had a Yokomo before, where can one find more info to get educated on the YZ-4?

Thanks a lot.
Go check it out www.mibosport.com for most part you can get or www.amainhobbies.com
Old 01-17-2016, 06:49 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Yesterday I did test front gull shock tower with flat arm run a lot better on clay track car more reaction turn quicker and easy to get ride hight correct
Old 01-17-2016, 09:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trf415msx
Go check it out www.mibosport.com for most part you can get or www.amainhobbies.com
Thanks for your reponse trf415msx, however I was not really asking about where to buy Yokomo parts or Parts availability (my LHS stocks yokomo). What I would like to know is what parts are a "must-have" for a dirt stock setup, without just going crazy and spending a fortune in all of the titanium, aluminium, carbon and bling-only parts.

I hope you can help.

thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.