Like Tree4Likes

Corally HMX

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 01:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spacendeman
Hi!
You can use the 09 and 07 shocktowers. But with the 09 shocktowers you need to put some lexan from your trash of cutting your body so that you can run with amti rollbars. But you can also use the new alu shocktowers because those are good too.
I don't have experience with the ta05 geardiff but I heard that it fits right. Holmenkollen from the forum here in the hmx topic. You can send him a pm. I heard that you then need an xray rear belt. Front also need an other belt.
The suspension arms just use the out of the box ones. They work fine :-)
thanks again for the info!
Old 06-30-2012, 01:14 PM
Tech Elite

spacedeman post sum pics of your hmx if you can...Thanks
Old 06-30-2012, 01:20 PM
Tech Adept

I have my new hmx comming week. When build I'll post some pics. :-)
Old 06-30-2012, 01:31 PM
Tech Elite

I have my new hmx comming week. When build I'll post some pics. :-)
So will you have the v2 hmx coming
Old 06-30-2012, 01:37 PM
Tech Adept

Yes but without geardiff it is not ready yet but comming soon :-)
Old 06-30-2012, 06:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

How do you build the diff without using the Corally 7mm diff wrench I dint buy my diff wrench and I having problems building my diff.
Old 06-30-2012, 06:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lizardboy76
How do you build the diff without using the Corally 7mm diff wrench I dint buy my diff wrench and I having problems building my diff.
Mario- you can also use a small pair of needle nose pliers to hold the nut while you assemble. I have done it that way a number of times when I can't find the CF wrench
Old 06-30-2012, 07:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ercwhtsd
Mario- you can also use a small pair of needle nose pliers to hold the nut while you assemble. I have done it that way a number of times when I can't find the CF wrench
Thanks for the reply info, I will try that
Old 07-01-2012, 03:09 AM
Tech Regular

Yes but without geardiff it is not ready yet but comming soon :-)
Yo Tim,

Please inform me about all the changes as to the second batch HMX to the first one that wasn't up to par, as you must admit.
Old 07-01-2012, 04:16 AM
Tech Adept

Has anyone had any problems with the CVD`s being very tight? I just built mine and they are very tight. Is there a quick fix for this will the old 09 cvds fit the new car?
Thanks
Macca
Old 07-02-2012, 12:35 AM
Tech Regular

I think the old CVD will fit. Be sure to use the short axle in front though.

This weekend I struggled quite a bit with the car on a tight outdoor track with medium traction (modified 5.5t). Iīve tried many things but couldnīt get the car to steer or rotate enough in the corners. The main problem seems to be that the car have no roll in the front and massive roll in the rear. Setupwise this indicates that you have to limit the roll in the rear with really hard rollbars, short links, high roll centers and so on and no roll bars and long links in front. I`ve never experienced this with any other car and though the Phi 09 had less grip it was still balanded front/rear. I wish they had gone with a solution with a longer upper deck instead of a short....
Old 07-02-2012, 03:12 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Holmenkollen
I think the old CVD will fit. Be sure to use the short axle in front though.

This weekend I struggled quite a bit with the car on a tight outdoor track with medium traction (modified 5.5t). Iīve tried many things but couldnīt get the car to steer or rotate enough in the corners. The main problem seems to be that the car have no roll in the front and massive roll in the rear. Setupwise this indicates that you have to limit the roll in the rear with really hard rollbars, short links, high roll centers and so on and no roll bars and long links in front. I`ve never experienced this with any other car and though the Phi 09 had less grip it was still balanded front/rear. I wish they had gone with a solution with a longer upper deck instead of a short....
Thanks mate
Old 07-02-2012, 01:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by transplantlife
few question before i pull the trigger

1. Can i use 09 shock towers or do they have to be 07?

2. The tamiya ta05 gear diffs will drop right in?

3. What F/R arms do i use in case i break one?

4. When running the ta05 gear diff F/R do i need to change belts if what brand?

I am running spec r ta05 gear diffs. You have to flip the bearing carriers around and run a 510 mm front belt. I can get the corally part number for you when I get home. I also run lowered 07 towers. Not sure what you are asking about the arms. Kit replacements are fine. They are strong tthough. You really have to hit something hard to break one.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PHI2
Has anyone had any problems with the CVD`s being very tight? I just built mine and they are very tight. Is there a quick fix for this will the old 09 cvds fit the new car?
Thanks
Macca

Mine were this way also. You can just run it once or twice and they will open up and be fine. I wouldn't ream the hole with a drill bit as you might take too much off and have alot of slop. The 09 cvds should work as long as they are the longer ones.

Here's a few pics of my car to show the spec r gear diffs and the 07 towers with sway bars.
Attached Thumbnails Corally HMX-20120622_190206.jpg   Corally HMX-20120624_113043.jpg  
Old 07-02-2012, 01:45 PM
Tech Adept

Looks very nice! You just put the bearing holders of the diff otherwise? so with the round of where de bearing is in to the inside? Looks nice the hmx! what are you running?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.