Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default SpeedTV - Worlds Feature

Just click on the link...

http://www.speedtv.com/video/popup/1840665953
Old 10-12-2008, 10:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I think they did great with that coverage. Very cool to have somebody like Dave Despane talk about RC Cars and have it be some what correct! Talking about stuff us Racers understand and are interested in! Not just a RC Segment about a Rustler or a Tyco This is exactly what speed channel needs. A show like Super Bikes, (A show on speed) To cover the ins and outs of RC Racing, Lifestyles (If there are any? ) and all that good stuff about RC.

lol, just a Idea.
Old 10-12-2008, 10:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

That was great. Be sure to give them some positive feedback so they know people appreciated it. This will help get more coverage in the future
Old 10-12-2008, 10:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Little things like that are potentially huge for this industry. Think of how many people love motorsport and watch the Speed online videos having no idea that such a thing exists.
Old 10-12-2008, 10:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

You nailed it........i dont know how many people have said to me over the years, "poeple actually race those?"
Old 10-12-2008, 10:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Semple
Little things like that are potentially huge for this industry. Think of how many people love motorsport and watch the Speed online videos having no idea that such a thing exists.

Exactly! It's about time, for sure.

RC hitting the mainstream is LONG overdue.
Old 10-12-2008, 11:04 AM
Tech Initiate

I've tried to get people involved on a local scale such as Newspapers, local Tv, and Radio but what R/c really needs is mass media. I think Major r/c producers need to invest in getting r/c known... And I think that people would flock 2 it.
Old 10-12-2008, 11:09 AM
Tech Master

It's kind of how it worked for me. I always wanted to race sportscars, but realized from a pretty young age that that was never going to happen. I was originally into onroad. Now offroad, which is just stupid fun and dare I say, not as expensive.

It gives me a racing fix for tens off thousands of dollars less, and my girlfriend doesn't have to worry about me dying in a 300km/h wreck.
Old 10-12-2008, 11:10 AM
Tech Master

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention. Mainstream = more sales = everything becomes cheaper. Not immediately, but the racing side of the hobby would become a lot more affordable.
Old 10-12-2008, 05:14 PM
Tech Elite

nice video but correct me if im wrong the host said that these buggies were made in America example Losi,RC8 etc and the hot bodies in Japan .i dont think any buggy is made in America or Japan i know that they are contracted out to china and taiwan to be manufactured and assembled just the drawings are made in the usa and japan and maybe not even that. .please correct me if im wrong its just what i know.

didnt horizon get into some trouble a while ago with there spectrum saying it was made in usa but in reality it was only designed in the usa and made in indonesia or malaysia?
Old 10-12-2008, 05:20 PM
Tech Master

Designed, developed, prototyped, tested and owned in the United States.

A lot of American cars are manufactured in Canada. Does that make them Canadian cars? A lot of Japanese cars are manufactured in Canada and the US. Does that make them American cars?

There was a point... not sure if this is still the case... but not a single one of the models of cars NASCARs are based off of were made in the US. Ford Fusion made in Mexico, for instance. Does this make it a Mexican car?

EDIT: I believe Associated Electrics is solely owned by Thunder Tiger now, though.
Old 10-12-2008, 05:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Which cars are made in America?!

Nice to see this mainstream tho!!!

Semple - Based off is one thing, but where was the chassis made? Sure you can say designed (like Apple does with their products), developed, prototyped (is that a verb?), etc. but what does the 'Made In' label say that's on the box by law?
Old 10-12-2008, 05:46 PM
Tech Regular

wow did ya see mayfeild hack up truhe coming into that corner? ooff! american made buggies? well odonnell plastics and aluminum are made HERE in the usa and then shipped to asia for assembly. i think the zo1b is as american as youre gonna get. i do wish ae and losi were still made here in the usa i remember my 1st AMERICAN MADE rc10 in 1986. and when losi WAS TEAM LOSI.
Old 10-12-2008, 05:48 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Semple
Oh, and I almost forgot to mention. Mainstream = more sales = everything becomes cheaper. Not immediately, but the racing side of the hobby would become a lot more affordable.
That could go both ways. Mainstream= more demand = more expensive. It'd be nice of there were a stronger governing body to put real price caps on engines like in electric.
Old 10-12-2008, 06:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

just sent SpeedTV some feedback saying do it some more!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.