Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies TCX

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 07:07 PM
Tech Adept

So what your saying is Hard case LiPo's catch on fire if abused
I fail to see how those 2 hard case fres are going to convince me to throw away all my softcase LiPo's and move to Hard case

Soft case LiPo's catch on fire if abused.
Hard case LiPo's catch on fire if abused.
NiMh catch on fire if abused.

I've seen many many more people try and destroy LiPo's by puncturing them only for nothing to happen than i have accidentally punctured batteries (never witnessed one in all these years).

So I don't really see the logic or the point your trying to put across to be honest

End of the day it's my car my choice, next time i fly you guys on your holidays you can come up front and tell me how irresponsible i am

ROAR approval is absolutely worthless to me, i've never entered or spectated a ROAR sanctioned event in my 30 odd years of RCing.
So i see little point paying more for batteries that have a ROAR sticker on them.

We only drive outside so if by some million to one shot my softcase catches on fire i'll be sure to get my camera out and post the vid for you guys

Thanks for your concerns guys but i'm no wet behind the ears kid, i'm a responsible adult with a responsible job and and after many many years RC experience i'm happy to trust my own judgement based upon my experiences.

Back on topic

I'm guessing by the over reactions here no one else in the world is running softcase, so my request is likely to fall upon deaf ears

If that's the case i'd really appreciate some close up shots of the battery compartment with a LiPo sitting in it please.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:26 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by gixer
So what your saying is Hard case LiPo's catch on fire if abused
I fail to see how those 2 hard case fres are going to convince me to throw away all my softcase LiPo's and move to Hard case

Soft case LiPo's catch on fire if abused.
Hard case LiPo's catch on fire if abused.
NiMh catch on fire if abused.

I've seen many many more people try and destroy LiPo's by puncturing them only for nothing to happen than i have accidentally punctured batteries (never witnessed one in all these years).

So I don't really see the logic or the point your trying to put across to be honest

Sorry for the confusion. I actually agree with you as shown below.

Originally Posted by M3Armand
This is a bit out of topic, but I agree with Gixer... ....
Old 09-28-2010, 07:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If that's the case i'd really appreciate some close up shots of the battery compartment with a LiPo sitting in it please.
These were the best I could find.

Old 09-28-2010, 07:45 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by M3Armand
Sorry for the confusion. I actually agree with you as shown below.
Thanks.

Sorry,
My response was not aimed at you.

As you've already said i think there is a lot of scare tactics around LiPo batteries.
It's good to be cautious especially if your charging in your house with loved ones in harms way.

But there's a line between being sensible a cautious and blind panic.

End of the day if something is coming at your battery pack with enough force to peace it, 1mm to 2mm of plastic casing isn't going to make a blind bit of difference.

I'm very happy with my soft case LiPo's except for the fact that do require a certain amount of finagling to get in the chassis.

It's for this reason i'd pay slightly more for a hard case.
I personally don't believe they offer a substantial amount more protection than a softcase.

Likewise although i don't care in the slightest about ROAR approval, it is nice to know that if it is ROAR approved it will fit straight in the chassis.

Another question please.
I have a Cyclone WCE as well that i've managed to accumulate a fair amount of spares for.
Is there a list of what parts are interchangeable between the old Cyclone and the TCX?

I did start looking through the manual but it proved extremely tedious, so if anyone can relieve me of that job the beers are on me
Old 09-28-2010, 07:50 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by locked
These were the best I could find.
That helps, thank you.

It looks bloody tight and from my read through of the manual i cannot see anyway of increasing the size of the battery compartment this side of taking a dremel to the bracket.

I think i'll take a gamble and buy a TCX.
Worst case scenario is i have to buy a few new hard case batteries
Old 09-28-2010, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

That helps, thank you.

It looks bloody tight and from my read through of the manual i cannot see anyway of increasing the size of the battery compartment this side of taking a dremel to the bracket.

I think i'll take a gamble and buy a TCX.
Worst case scenario is i have to buy a few new hard case batteries
Some tracks might have a problem with you using soft lipos. I can't really say I think it's a great idea, but if you left the lipo locator brackets off, then use some strong velcro between the chassis and the batt to prevent lateral movement, then use fiber battery tape in the normal manner to make sure it's held down, you could probably fit a pretty large battery in there.
Old 09-29-2010, 02:53 AM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up

Hey guys,

I'm new to this forum. I bought a TCX, and I should have it by the end of this week. I can't wait all the awesome feedback and reviews about this chassis. I plan on using my chassis for competetive drifting. I know the sway away bar mount it a little tight...

Any other tips for building?

what would be a good brushless setup? Mamba Max?

Thanks in advance,
Old 09-29-2010, 03:02 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Murdock
Hey guys,

what would be a good brushless setup? Mamba Max?

Thanks in advance,
Tekin RS, Speed passion, LRP would be my choices and in that order
Old 09-29-2010, 02:50 PM
Tech Master

Hiro, just purchased the POM out drives. After pressing on the aluminum retainer I find that it pinches the outdrive to the point that the dog bone doesn't fit. What am I doing wrong ?
Thanks.
Old 09-29-2010, 04:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

I just picked up a old cyclone tc roller. What tcx parts fit? I have black shocks. How are the old cyclone shocks?
Old 09-29-2010, 05:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanzo3
I just picked up a old cyclone tc roller. What tcx parts fit? I have black shocks. How are the old cyclone shocks?
Arms
Hubs
Knuckles
Hinge pins
Toe blocks

I'm using my old cyclone tc shocks on my TCX.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:59 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bukil
Arms
Hubs
Knuckles
Hinge pins
Toe blocks

I'm using my old cyclone tc shocks on my TCX.
Any parts off the Cyclone diffs fit do you know?
Old 09-29-2010, 06:50 PM
Tech Adept

^I think* the only thing thats changed from the Cyclone pro-spec diff is the outdrives
Old 09-29-2010, 07:08 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Will27
^I think* the only thing thats changed from the Cyclone pro-spec diff is the outdrives
Great Will, thank you.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I just received my TCX last week and I noticed the inside of my box is signed by Atsushi Hara. Is there any significance to this? I can only find one other reference stating he signed 20 of the boxes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.