yeah front spool
U can test
FF 0.5 FR 1 mm
RF 1.5 RR 1.5mm
Old 08-09-2008, 09:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
Wait, you do off road to? What are you racing? 4wd, or 2wd?

Modding a speedo, I will have to be there for that next race. Any chances it will go boooom?
2wd B4 coming to a track near you...... I really do see off road placing a strain on the motors like mod sedan. I'm only going to run 13.5 in off road. I'm starting out in sportsman too
Old 08-09-2008, 11:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Anyone heard any real reports on the new TC? There's gotta be some guys running the new car? It's pretty invisible in my part of the world. Just wondering if it's any better than the WCE.
Old 08-10-2008, 12:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The new TC kit is awesome. The main changes from the WCE kit and the TC kit are the 2 way front spool/one way (very similar to an xray multi diff), the pro spec rear differential, the reversible suspension arms, the new swaybar mounts, and the ability to use the atc post options. There are also some improved upper bulkheads/shock tower mounts, and other things to accomidate those.

Personally, the two most valuable changes in my opinion are the pro spec ball diff, and the new suspension arms. They offer more tuning options to get the car really dialed in. The pro spec ball diff is probably the smoothest diff I've ever run.

The POM outdrives are awesome as well. After 40 packs on the car, I didn't see the smallest bit of wear. I have recently changed them out to the optional aluminum outdrives, but I really don't see a need for them. I'll probably switch back to the POM outdrives because they are lighter and the aluminum ones haven't shown any real advantage over them just yet.

-Korey
Old 08-10-2008, 05:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Car was completed yesterday but I wasn't able to post pics. I'm on my way to pick up Scotty so we can throw down against the Tamiya homies. Race report later on tonight...........
Old 08-10-2008, 10:02 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
The POM outdrives are awesome as well. After 40 packs on the car, I didn't see the smallest bit of wear.

-Korey
What class are you running? 13.5, MOD, Carpet, Asphalt? I hope to have the new diff soon. We're on asphalt now, but will be going indoors in a couple months for some rubber carpet racing.

Thanks
Old 08-10-2008, 11:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I've been running asphalt on a extremely high bite indoor track. I'm running a little bit of everything as far as motor. Just depends on what has more entries that night. But the POM outdrives are dialed.

-Korey
Old 08-10-2008, 03:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

ran the cyclone for the first time today...had nothing but problems all day. First heat had a cv axle pop out weird and bind in the spool...turn marshal fixed it but when he set it back down the car drove really weird. Back in the pits it turns out the 3racing layshaft snapped in half somehow (probably cause its aluminum and as a random hole in it.) so i modified the one way shaft i had and ran that the rest of the day with the locked pulleys. Next qualifier i had the center of one of the sweep wheels rip out so that put me a couple laps down. The last qualifier wasnt much better as my pinion cam loose and slid down the motor shaft. Sucks going full speed down the front straight then having no brakes. All the while i was changing the setup a littler here and there but something wasnt right...finally just got annoyed and pulled out the rear gear diff i put in and threw back in the ball diff. Car immediately felt better and i ended up placing second in the main...so all in all a good day.

Any body wanna pick up a cheap gear diff? gotta buy the new ball diff. How often do you guys change out the balls on the new diffs?
Old 08-10-2008, 03:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shadow102
ran the cyclone for the first time today...had nothing but problems all day. First heat had a cv axle pop out weird and bind in the spool...turn marshal fixed it but when he set it back down the car drove really weird. Back in the pits it turns out the 3racing layshaft snapped in half somehow (probably cause its aluminum and as a random hole in it.) so i modified the one way shaft i had and ran that the rest of the day with the locked pulleys. Next qualifier i had the center of one of the sweep wheels rip out so that put me a couple laps down. The last qualifier wasnt much better as my pinion cam loose and slid down the motor shaft. Sucks going full speed down the front straight then having no brakes. All the while i was changing the setup a littler here and there but something wasnt right...finally just got annoyed and pulled out the rear gear diff i put in and threw back in the ball diff. Car immediately felt better and i ended up placing second in the main...so all in all a good day.

Any body wanna pick up a cheap gear diff? gotta buy the new ball diff. How often do you guys change out the balls on the new diffs?
Your gear diff had which problem ?
Old 08-10-2008, 03:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
Your gear diff had which problem ?
it didnt have a problem so much as i just couldnt drive right with it in the car. The car felt better with the ball diff in it. I think the 3000wt fluid i have in the gear diff may be a bit too much and i need to come up with a decent solution to the fluid leaking slowly out of the out drives
Old 08-10-2008, 04:37 PM
Tech Champion

it didnt have a problem so much as i just couldnt drive right with it in the car. The car felt better with the ball diff in it. I think the 3000wt fluid i have in the gear diff may be a bit too much and i need to come up with a decent solution to the fluid leaking slowly out of the out drives
maybe can test 1000 oil
Old 08-10-2008, 04:41 PM
Tech Master

maybe can test 1000 oil
yeah i need to try that

in the mean time anybody know of a US supplier that has the pro spec diff?
Old 08-10-2008, 04:47 PM
Tech Champion

yeah i need to try that

in the mean time anybody know of a US supplier that has the pro spec diff?
Pro Diff instock !
Old 08-10-2008, 04:49 PM
Tech Master

Pro Diff instock !
i would love to pick up stuff from you as you carry everything i could need...but shipping kills me lol

We need some better hotbodies support in the USA
Old 08-10-2008, 05:13 PM
Tech Champion

i would love to pick up stuff from you as you carry everything i could need...but shipping kills me lol

We need some better hotbodies support in the USA
Ok No Problem

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.