Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 02:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Try the rear swaybar or you could also try a softer front spring. Also make sure you're running the rigth tire for your track. The wrong tires can give a total lack of grip and that can feel like a push.
Old 08-08-2003, 10:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Please post your entire set-up...this will help alot in making better suggestions.

Also some pics of the chassis disaster if you don't mind, maybe we can figure out how to get your cells up front agian....
Old 08-09-2003, 11:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default sorry

i would put a picture up, but i don't have a digital camera, or a scanner, all i can say is where the front battery strap tower is, along with the last bar for a cell, it's a big hole there, cuz it got knocked out. My setup, lets see, hpi x-patterns in the front(medium), pit shimizu mediums (slicks), in the back. Sway bar in the front, 154 springs in front, um, 670(not sure, purple springs in the back), all caster is centered, probably 2 degrees of toe in the back(the car is set up for carpet), stratus body, toe is centered in front.
thats about all i know, if you know jason staniak, he tuned the car, it's a G+, anymore info i can probably scanvenge up if you need it.
Old 08-09-2003, 11:40 AM
Tech Regular

The tires are the most obvious problem. The pits will have loads more grip than the HPIs. Try running the same tires front and back and see how it does.
Old 08-09-2003, 11:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default probably right

yea, i was goin to try that this week, see, i have a full set of both tires, but my other 2 x-patterns weren't glued properly(didn't buy them new), ansd i was out of glue, so i have been running like i said before. My pits are also my carpet tires, i was pissed after the started sheddin on the asphalt. I love carpet, asphalt is too dirty and recks your nice car. Thanx you guys, any more possibilitys would be nice though.
Old 08-09-2003, 01:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

MDawson:

are those screws titanium? who makes them?

... thanks - jason
Old 08-09-2003, 02:49 PM
Tech Champion

Like he said, the tires are number one. You may also want to add some castor if the tires don't work. Castor will give you turn in. You can also look and see where your front arms are. Stock setup has them all the way forward and I've found that moving them back gives awesome turn in and helps on mid corner steering. You could put a one way or a spool in the front to get more steering out of the corners but you'll need to tune more turn in into it because the spool takes lowspeed turn in out. Additional castor can help with that.
Old 08-09-2003, 08:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally posted by highwayman
MDawson:

are those screws titanium? who makes them?

... thanks - jason
Yep.

Lunsford Racing made those. They are not currently offering a line of ti screws.

But, you can check out TiRacing. Speedtech carries them.
Old 08-10-2003, 12:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by MDawson
Yep.

Lunsford Racing made those. They are not currently offering a line of ti screws.

But, you can check out TiRacing. Speedtech carries them.

... cool... thanks... BTW... how are the new shock towers? what's the improvement over the old ones, particularly for the fronts?

... also how does it compare to the ones PRP makes?
Old 08-10-2003, 05:32 PM
TRL
Tech Apprentice

Default part numbers

Does anyone know the part numbers for

1. the gold spring for the standard servo saver

2. and the shock spacer kit .030 .060 .090 .120??

Thanks if anyone can help
Old 08-10-2003, 06:36 PM
Tech Champion

Anyone ever run a real soft shock setup on outdoor parking lot asphault? I'm thinking 30wt oil, 56 pistons, and pink and or yellow springs and sway bars to keep the chassis roll down. Any opinions, experiances?
Old 08-10-2003, 08:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by highwayman
... cool... thanks... BTW... how are the new shock towers? what's the improvement over the old ones, particularly for the fronts?

... also how does it compare to the ones PRP makes?

The towers were designed to meet function first and then the SSG eye candy. The units have worked extremely thus far. Durability has NOT been an issue.

These towers are lighter than the stockers. The following:

Wt. Grams
Front
6 grams Stock Graphite
4 grams SpeedTech SSG

Rear
11 grams Stock Graphite
7 grams SpeedTech SSG

The additional top-row holes on the front shock tower add more tuning option rather drilling out the stock units which has been used on recent setups found at TeamLosi.com.

I have not used the PRP units myself.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-10-2003, 08:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default i have

jkerr, i'm actually going to run a 40wgt, and silver(softest) springs, i don't know bout the pistons, the stock ones, i don't get that technical for a weekly race. I'll post my findings after monday(this is only in the front, i don't have the money right now to buy stuff for the back.)
Old 08-10-2003, 08:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by jkerr0043
Anyone ever run a real soft shock setup on outdoor parking lot asphault? I'm thinking 30wt oil, 56 pistons, and pink and or yellow springs and sway bars to keep the chassis roll down. Any opinions, experiances?
Try Ron Rossetti's setup on the Losi site. Orange and Whites.

I passed it along to a few folks at the Hitec race and they felt pretty good about it.

With Sorexs, the setup really hooks up well for standard parking lot races.
Old 08-10-2003, 08:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

i keep seeing people using setups from kinwald and baker, and i can't belive it. I never use setups from other people, cuz a setup is supposed to be toned for the driver, and every driver is different. If kinwald likes driving loose, but u could never see it, then u spend all day putting his setup on your car, then u can't control it, it'll be a waste. There, got that off my chest, just a pet peeve, okay

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.