Search
Like Tree17Likes

Sweep Racing Tires 1/10th Sedan thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 01:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BrodieMan
That's correct. Might use a control tire, everything else is open.
So this chassis would be legal then? http://www.redrc.net/2011/08/t-o-p-sabre-fd-mini/

That would be awesome. Too bad I don't live a little closer to your track Brodie.

Just so this post isn't completely off-topic... I absolutely love sweep rims. the tires are alright too
Old 08-30-2011, 05:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Looks nice !!!
Old 08-30-2011, 08:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

if Sweep tires are good enough for Jilles than they are good enough for me

The Sabre looks amazing and yes we allow any chassis, Tamiya's, Cup Racer etc. Focus is still on having mini a fun class but if someone wants to spend stupid amounts on upgrades for a mini than go for it. Will keep our LHS in business. Hopefully the 40* Mini tire works well on our track. Traction is very high.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I just had to give Sweep tires a good review, as their Kitty Rug tires work far better on my home carpet than any other rubber tire I have ever used. Fantastic.
Old 09-04-2011, 03:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I just tried the OG spec tire out today at Kraceway, and these are really good tires especially for the price. Great grip and wear.
Old 09-04-2011, 11:18 PM
JGH
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard
Jilles Groskamp joins Sweep Racing Welcome to the team Jilles!!!
Thanks Fred!
Old 09-09-2011, 12:22 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DesertRat
I just had to give Sweep tires a good review, as their Kitty Rug tires work far better on my home carpet than any other rubber tire I have ever used. Fantastic.
yes I remember one of our driver passing other car out side on very first run of Kitty rug testing. thank you

Originally Posted by Damnit Man
I just tried the OG spec tire out today at Kraceway, and these are really good tires especially for the price. Great grip and wear.
new Breed of spec tires. it should cover 21.5 blinky to Jilles style Mod racing.

Originally Posted by JGH
Thanks Fred!
hey Jilles GO FAST & Sweep'em ALL!
Old 09-09-2011, 12:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Sweep tires rock
Old 09-11-2011, 07:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (98%+)

Just finished up the 2nd annual" MINI BRAWL FOR IT ALL" in Frederick,Md !!

This facility is a smooth indoor asphalt track with very high grip . Located inside of Frederick Hobbytown. This track is a long time supporter of Sweep sedan and mini tires.

We had about 35/ 4wd mini's and 28/ Tamiya 2wd mini's ,coming from NY.,NJ.,and Va.

No long award ceremony here, only two crowns awarded ( actual crowns) to the winner of each class . In 2wd the crown passed from Tom brown to Jake Burton . In 4wd, I TQ'ed but slipped to third after a body tuck and Jamie Hanson went on to win . Taking the crown from the race promoter and founder James Denmark.

Thanks to all the sponsor of this race,Sweep,Castle creations ,ABC,Team scream, for all the swag!!! We had enough stuff that every racer got something!!!

This race is once a year and it's always around 9/11 in remembrance of that day! If you have a love of mini RC, this is a race to put on your calender!

As always ,thanks for the support Sweep Racing !!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Ray k; 09-11-2011 at 08:38 AM.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (98%+)

double post

Last edited by Ray k; 09-12-2011 at 06:59 AM.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Warren Weaver
Sweep tires rock
Old 09-14-2011, 09:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Thanks ray I needed one more lap ! The Sweeps worked great and no wear what so ever, wish I changed to 33 front it would have different results : )

Originally Posted by Ray k
Just finished up the 2nd annual" MINI BRAWL FOR IT ALL" in Frederick,Md !!

This facility is a smooth indoor asphalt track with very high grip . Located inside of Frederick Hobbytown. This track is a long time supporter of Sweep sedan and mini tires.

We had about 35/ 4wd mini's and 28/ Tamiya 2wd mini's ,coming from NY.,NJ.,and Va.

No long award ceremony here, only two crowns awarded ( actual crowns) to the winner of each class . In 2wd the crown passed from Tom brown to Jake Burton . In 4wd, I TQ'ed but slipped to third after a body tuck and Jamie Hanson went on to win . Taking the crown from the race promoter and founder James Denmark.

Thanks to all the sponsor of this race,Sweep,Castle creations ,ABC,Team scream, for all the swag!!! We had enough stuff that every racer got something!!!

This race is once a year and it's always around 9/11 in remembrance of that day! If you have a love of mini RC, this is a race to put on your calender!

As always ,thanks for the support Sweep Racing !!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-14-2011, 09:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Dlb post ,

But Sweeps tires work Great on asphalt like this years Brawl or carpet like last years race !

Old 09-17-2011, 10:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Thank you Sweep Racing

I am very happy I went with Sweep Racing for my clubs TC & Mini spec tires. The Mini guys were STOKED with the 40* pre-mounts and the Real Blues worked great on our high traction CRC FastTrack carpet. I went through a dozen sets of tires and they were all glued perfectly I'll be testing out some Hot Weather Specials next weekend on asphalt, can't wait.

A few questions for those in the know

I'm thinking of using a the OG_SPEC for our GT2 (21.5 "Blinky") class next summer but we have quite a large variation in temperature throughout the summer in Ontario, Canada eh! Our track will be a resealed & prepped surface, temperatures ranging from 15* - 38*. Will the OG_SPEC work well throughout this temperature range??

Also, what's the difference between the X2 & X3 asphalt sauce?????

:t ire:
Old 09-19-2011, 07:26 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BrodieMan
I am very happy I went with Sweep Racing for my clubs TC & Mini spec tires. The Mini guys were STOKED with the 40* pre-mounts and the Real Blues worked great on our high traction CRC FastTrack carpet. I went through a dozen sets of tires and they were all glued perfectly I'll be testing out some Hot Weather Specials next weekend on asphalt, can't wait.

A few questions for those in the know

I'm thinking of using a the OG_SPEC for our GT2 (21.5 "Blinky") class next summer but we have quite a large variation in temperature throughout the summer in Ontario, Canada eh! Our track will be a resealed & prepped surface, temperatures ranging from 15* - 38*. Will the OG_SPEC work well throughout this temperature range??

Also, what's the difference between the X2 & X3 asphalt sauce?????

:t ire:
X2 for prepped track and X3 for low bite.
If you use X1 10min then X2 or X3 10min, you will feel more traction!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.