Old 07-17-2014, 09:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default Track size

Medium track. Thank you for all your advice
Old 07-18-2014, 04:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I will add 2 cents on the 21.5. The endbells are tight but with a little encouragement they do move. The amp draw on these motors is very low indicating very little timing. Free reving at the max timing setting is only about 1.7 amps no load. The respond very well to higher than normal gearing in both my USGT and F1 cars (a couple of teeth bigger pinion) I have Dynoed tham on a Fantom and they have a lot of torque. The are also very true to their kv rating. A great motor buy.
Be sure to check the rotor when you get one of these motors. One of our racers got one that did not perform very well and when I ran it on the dyno it showed lower than normal torque and higher rpm. We tore it down and found a rotor that was only 12.2 dia. The 21.5 was approved with a 12.5 and that is what you should have. If you don't, try and get it exchanged.
Old 07-31-2014, 05:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Any recommendations for gearing and timing for 13.5t blinky touring car? Track is medium with a couple of fairly long straights? A a few hairpins.

Thanks

Last edited by Schwarta; 07-31-2014 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Hit reply before finishing
Old 07-31-2014, 05:42 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

I've had to abandon these motors, our track is subjecting anyone running them to an increased level of scrutiny, obviously despite being Roar legal they have upset the sponsored drivers.

Originally Posted by Bigboy7
any and all of the questions can be answered by your local hobby shop, perth rc and ryper hobbies have all the products and expertise that can get you racing with parts and service backup (local distributors mean local warranty) , I will also be proposing that anyone setting a track record with a trackstar motor will have it disassembled because of the ease of changing stators that is undetectable from the outside of the can
They forget to mention that most new motors now can have stators changed without external evidence of this, just browse the Roar forums. It seems that running a $30 motor and being quicker results in immediate assumptions and accusations over here. Back to my Orion lol Best of luck to those who can run these motors without any adverse comments / finger pointing, for me it's not worth the hassle to fight the status quo over a toy car race.
Old 07-31-2014, 07:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nexxus
I've had to abandon these motors, our track is subjecting anyone running them to an increased level of scrutiny, obviously despite being Roar legal they have upset the sponsored drivers.

They forget to mention that most new motors now can have stators changed without external evidence of this, just browse the Roar forums. It seems that running a $30 motor and being quicker results in immediate assumptions and accusations over here. Back to my Orion lol Best of luck to those who can run these motors without any adverse comments / finger pointing, for me it's not worth the hassle to fight the status quo over a toy car race.

That is disappointing.

As per nexxus post these motors are no different to other brands of motors such as reedy, novak, LRP, ORCA, Tekin, Team Powerse ct.

The stators are marked on every motor I have owned so that they can be identified without disassembly. I assume the same applies to trackstar.
Old 07-31-2014, 07:24 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

I agree any and all tech inspections should be uniform and apply to all racers irrespective of what you run.

But sometimes it's best not to rock the boat.
Old 07-31-2014, 09:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nexxus
I agree any and all tech inspections should be uniform and apply to all racers irrespective of what you run.

But sometimes it's best not to rock the boat.
They're checking you on club nights? That's a bit overboard!
Old 07-31-2014, 09:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

That is because the sponsored drivers can't stand to be beaten bij a 30 dollar motor and they in there eyes think it is illegal because it is to fast...
They can't stand the fact that the driver who is running these motors is perhaps better??

Regards Roy

Originally Posted by Schwarta
They're checking you on club nights? That's a bit overboard!
Old 08-01-2014, 07:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Not sure if this was already explained, but info on the OP is rather limited.

I recently pulled the rotor out of my Trackstar motor and found it to be roughly 14% larger than the rotor that came with my Novak Vulcan motor:

Turnigy (Black): 12.5 x 28.4
Novak (Silver):12.3 x 25.3

I also found that the stator could be swapped out and was able to fit the Novak stator in my TrackStar just fine, which can provide a nice tuning option:

Has anyone been able to confirm if the Reedy Sonic rotors will fit the TrackStar motors?
Old 08-01-2014, 07:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billdelong
Not sure if this was already explained, but info on the OP is rather limited.

I recently pulled the rotor out of my Trackstar motor and found it to be roughly 14% larger than the rotor that came with my Novak Vulcan motor:

Turnigy (Black): 12.5 x 28.4
Novak (Silver):12.3 x 25.3

I also found that the stator could be swapped out and was able to fit the Novak stator in my TrackStar just fine, which can provide a nice tuning option:

Has anyone been able to confirm if the Reedy Sonic rotors will fit the TrackStar motors?

So you have ran the Novak stator in the TS can and it worked well? If so, that's pretty cool. You can basically make a brand new "Novak" and save some money over the price of buying a %100 Novak motor. I ordered one of these for USGT in 21.5, it's good to know that if the class doesn't take off I can get a Novak stator cheap and use it somewhere else, vs. it being a useless item in the pitbox.
Old 08-01-2014, 08:13 AM
Tech Champion

I haven't raced the Novak stator yet, but the parts line up perfectly so I can't imagine that it won't work... unfortunately my local club isn't racing this week so I won't be able to provide any feedback until after the 10th which is our next scheduled race day. I just started experimenting with the parts compatibility/comparison a couple days ago.

I was curious why my stock Trackstar was better than my stock Vulcan, now I just need to see if the Vulcan stator is better or not
Old 08-01-2014, 08:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

I burned the stator in a Reedy Sonic 5.5T V1 and fitted a TS 4.5T stator and it worked really good also a MM Fleta stator will fit. TP stator wont fit tried that also! You can put The Fleta and TS stator in a REDS VX also so the stator from VX fits in Fleta and TS and Reedy
Old 08-01-2014, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Geberit
I burned the stator in a Reedy Sonic 5.5T V1 and fitted a TS 4.5T stator and it worked really good also a MM Fleta stator will fit. TP stator wont fit tried that also! You can put The Fleta and TS stator in a REDS VX also so the stator from VX fits in Fleta and TS and Reedy
Cool, yeah I have Novak, Ts and Reedy motors so that is good that some things can be interchanged. Looking forward to hearing how the Novak Stator did in the TS can.
Old 08-01-2014, 08:58 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by nf_ekt
Cool, yeah I have Novak, Ts and Reedy motors so that is good that some things can be interchanged. Looking forward to hearing how the Novak Stator did in the TS can.
will you please pull the rotors from TS and Reedy to confirm if they are identical?
Old 08-01-2014, 09:55 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by billdelong

I was curious why my stock Trackstar was better than my stock Vulcan, now I just need to see if the Vulcan stator is better or not

I would attribute the performance difference more on the size of the rotor than the stators.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.