Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo MR-4 TC Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2001, 07:42 PM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

micro_man: Folsom is about 20min from Speedworld Raceway in Roseville. That is the place to run Sedan in NorCal.
Old 11-08-2001, 08:06 PM

STLNLST - I'm going to try to make it to the Wed night race next week. Thanks for the info.

Kentech - thanks also for your response.
Old 11-09-2001, 01:28 PM
Tech Elite

Any speculations on what the next yokomo car might be? They obviously haven't abandoned the MR-4 yet, evidence being in the new chassis "thing", but I imagine that some time around next spring they'll have something new out...
Old 11-09-2001, 10:50 PM
Tech Addict

Wink

Josh,
Practically no Trinity stuff as the importer is not at all up to date as far as stock motor brushes/motors themselves or pretty much anything.
I've got some of the brushes that are standard on the tuned Spitfires so hopefully they'll last next weekend..
Old 11-10-2001, 12:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

thatdog- No problem
Old 11-10-2001, 08:56 AM
Tech Elite

Ah How many people do you have running stock right now?
Old 11-10-2001, 08:06 PM
Tech Addict

Probably 5 or 6 cars in stock, depends on the day.

Raced that TC3 again today. After the second pack I asked if he had any spares with him. "Nope"
Third run, 3 or 4 laps in and I hear a "smack" followed by some expletives....Front arm Toasted.
Our tracks kerbing claim another victim.

Also tried the Graphite "Worlds" front arms. After shimming everything and removing slop, it feels like a different car altogether. Pretty happy now.
Buy the Yokomo shim kit, it's worth it(For your car, not your wallet)

Had to make the spur gears that I had narrowed previously, a little smaller as the new SP fixed drive gear adapter has moved the spur a bit. I was sloppy and it took me 3 re-builds of the rear gearbox 'til I was happy(1.30am Friday morning finish)
Now I have the silent belts front and rear, I was reluctant to run the rear one with a sub-10 turn motor, With a stock motor, Who cares

Next weekend is my first 2 day race meeting in stock, should be fun I hope
The amount of stick I've been given about running the MVP, I want to make a very definate statement with it!

Last edited by Simon K; 11-10-2001 at 08:10 PM.
Old 11-10-2001, 08:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Let me know how the info works for you Simon. Good Luck.
Old 11-10-2001, 08:35 PM
Tech Elite

I didn't know they made a shim kit? part number? I just used small motor washer...Good luck Simon
Old 11-11-2001, 04:38 AM
Tech Regular

Need some helps for setting up my Yok-SP for a hot day race in a rough and bumpy carpark with alots of dust and fine rocks.
I'm thinking of using #1 piston with #40 shock oil with yellow (may be blue) spring for F/R. What do you guys think? What about the links and shock position?

Mo: Can you help?
Old 11-11-2001, 06:33 PM
Tech Addict

Looks like their's something dodgy afoot in the rear gearbox as it's still making a slight scraping sound.
I'm getting a bit sick of stripping it down

Mark,
Thank you very much

Josh,
Thank you too and here's the shim kit, ZC-S20
Old 11-11-2001, 06:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Simon- Not sure if this is the problem, but I did something similar to mine, and I had to use AE buttonhead 3mm motor screws for the spur. They are a lot flatter than the Yok buttonheads. I might have grinded a few threads off the screws- don't remember for sure. Hope this helps
Old 11-12-2001, 06:14 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by kentech
The setup is on the Yokomo Japan site. Although I have a Japan version of the acrobat reader I still can't see the setup correctly...just the numbers. I must be doing something wrong...

Please, somebody help!

http://www.yokomo.co.jp/yokomoweb/se...MR-4/tcspj.pdf
kentech, I have the same problem like you...
Old 11-12-2001, 12:25 PM
Tech Elite

I've stiffened the car up a bit. Green springs, gold swaybars all around. Also stood the rear shocks up, and shortened all the shocks. Want to see how a low roll setup will work on the car, as I need it more responsive. Will be interesting to see how it works Previously, the car has been very easy to drive, but feels like it could be faster, and definately needed to be a little more responsive. I'm running on ozite, anyone have setups they'de like to share?
Old 11-12-2001, 05:14 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by BigDogRacing
Simon- Not sure if this is the problem, but I did something similar to mine, and I had to use AE buttonhead 3mm motor screws for the spur. They are a lot flatter than the Yok buttonheads. I might have grinded a few threads off the screws- don't remember for sure. Hope this helps
I feel like a bit of a dork,
I had one of the very small shims that the SP conversion comes with on the center shaft. I had it where it was fine with the PRO gear adapter but it seems that with the new SP one, the spur gear was just nicking the diff pulley and there wasn't any of the tell tale signs so I didn't see it. I moved it to the motor side instead of the battery side of the shaft and VOILA, problem solved.
One of those silly little things.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.