Search
Like Tree78Likes

EAMotorsports discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 02:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Keith Billanti
Skeen.. i heard you were tryin to give everyone a shot at winnin by blowin out your knee on the driver stand.... get well soon...

Dont feel bad.... EA tried to take the whole stand down at one point by tripping up it and taking the step with him...

tennesee boys musta just got their feet last week
Keith you KNOW if EA hadn't busted that step on the right side I could've used it to get on the driver stand on that side without blowing out my knee.

So TECHNICALLY its EA's fault b/c he was scared of me in touring car stock LMAO

Thanks though I really hated missing the weekend I look forward to it every year. This was the first time I had a legitimate shot at making the 12th A's. Car was good, power was good, and even my driving has been decent this year. Oh well next year I guess.

Hopefully I'll be well enough to make the novak in january???

EA at least I had an excuse for not making the mains from what I heard you just plain SUKD. And then tried to blame it on poor ray huang for your crappy driving. You even fixed the steering issues and you didn't do any better so what's your excuse now???

Yeah you knew that was coming...

Michael

Super Gimp Dos
Old 11-29-2005, 04:29 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Yeap I was terrified of you in TC....Hell I didnt need any help with that this week...I dove like an arse and just didnt get it done...AT ALL!!!

EA
Old 11-29-2005, 04:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

EA, you get my Email yesterday?
Old 11-29-2005, 04:46 PM
Tech Regular

Eric-

Thanks again for all the help. My tc had rip.

tj
Old 11-29-2005, 04:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tempest2000
EA at least I had an excuse for not making the mains from what I heard you just plain SUKD. And then tried to blame it on poor ray huang for your crappy driving.

Hey-I crashed EA's car at the Gate BEFORE it became dialed Monday night If anything I knocked it dialed!!!

Ray
Old 11-29-2005, 04:52 PM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by TJ Bradley
Eric-

Thanks again for all the help. My tc had rip.

tj
Hey TJ...not a problem dude...To have guys that can wheel like you it makes my stuff look that much faster!! Let me know your next race....I'll be at the novak.

EA
Old 11-29-2005, 04:53 PM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by rayhuang
Hey-I crashed EA's car at the Gate BEFORE it became dialed Monday night If anything I knocked it dialed!!!

Ray
LOL....Ive yet to figure it out....oh well....guess I'll work on it sometime this week

EA
Old 11-29-2005, 05:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Hey TJ...not a problem dude...To have guys that can wheel like you it makes my stuff look that much faster!! Let me know your next race....I'll be at the novak.

EA
ill be at Novak also...Eric you have PM
Old 11-29-2005, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey EA....
ANy chance you might make it out here to Sunny SoCal again this comming year...I.E. Reedy and KO Grand Prix??????
Or better yet the two biggies up in the north????
-Shookie <><
Old 11-29-2005, 05:19 PM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie
Hey EA....
ANy chance you might make it out here to Sunny SoCal again this comming year...I.E. Reedy and KO Grand Prix??????
Or better yet the two biggies up in the north????
-Shookie <><
Yep coming out for the Carpet nats, Onroad nats and Reedy race. Sponsoring stock class at both Nationals.

EA
Old 11-29-2005, 05:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

EA - Can you let me know when you send those packs out? Send me the invoice when you're ready. Thanks dude.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:45 PM
drx
Tech Regular

Default Lesson Learned!

When I got home I went down and gove the motor a fresh look. What I found was this:

The timing ring - the plate that the end bell screws into - was warped/bent. I'm not sure why it was that way, but I flattened it back out as best I could, reassembled the motor, hooked it up and tarted a run-in.

Presto!

The goofy thing ran! I can't tell just how good it's running, but it is running and that's better than a poke in the eye with hot soldering iron.

But that brings up the question: besides holding the endbell in place what purpose does that ring serve that its being being warped would cause the motor to cut out like that? I'm guessing, but I'd bet that I was a bit too heavy on the wrench tightening things down and that caused the ring to warp (lesson learned).

Thanks to those who responded to my original post on this and while noone offered the real solution, you guys gave me enough input to go back and look at the motor again, and that pretty much saved my race this sunday.

</DrX>
Old 11-29-2005, 07:39 PM
Tech Addict

EA - How do I buy any of your Monster Stock or Epic Stock motors? You have none in stock at the moment.

Mike
Old 11-29-2005, 07:58 PM
Team EAM

You have to wait till I get more in stock. Roar's and C2's were shipped this week and monsters will be here next week.

EA

Last edited by EAMotorsports; 12-01-2005 at 06:33 AM.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:56 PM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Originally Posted by drx
When I got home I went down and gove the motor a fresh look. What I found was this:

The timing ring - the plate that the end bell screws into - was warped/bent. I'm not sure why it was that way, but I flattened it back out as best I could, reassembled the motor, hooked it up and tarted a run-in.

Presto!

The goofy thing ran! I can't tell just how good it's running, but it is running and that's better than a poke in the eye with hot soldering iron.

But that brings up the question: besides holding the endbell in place what purpose does that ring serve that its being being warped would cause the motor to cut out like that? I'm guessing, but I'd bet that I was a bit too heavy on the wrench tightening things down and that caused the ring to warp (lesson learned).

</DrX>
that`s it holding endbell onto the motor

also i bet it was bent where the screwws go into (ring)
this happens when it is (like you said) over tightened
And more then likely the endbell bushing was pinching the arm shaft causing it ti bind (thus heavy amp drawcoz of the extra friction)

when you screw down endbell pretend it is a cylinder block to make sure endbell goes down squarely on the arm shaft (you with me here )

i `ve seen some guy`s cranked down 1 side then the other thus arm gets pinched on the bushing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.