Wiki Posts
Search

LCRC Racway - Oakland Mills, PA *NEW TRACK*

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 09:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmackani
Well look at that, the bear is coming out of internet hibernation.
He's still looking for his crcrc plaques.. I mean plaque
Old 02-05-2013, 01:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

See you guys @ Motorama!!!

Can't wait to come down for some Friday Night Lights Races!!! Also be down for Nationals. And most likely make the Halloween Race this year too.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

For Immediate Release

Oakland Mills, PA (2/26/2013) - LCRC Raceway would like to take this time to inform our racers of a dilemma RC Tracks nationwide are facing. LCRC uses a AMB Decoder to allow your personal transponders to register on our scoring software. MyLaps, formally AMB, has recently released its new RC4 transponders that are not compatible with our current decoder, or any decoder previously on the market. In order to score RC4 transponders, we have been forced to upgrade our current decoder to the new RC4 version. This upgrade will not affect racers that currently have MyLaps transponders, but will affect those of you with “cloned” transponders (MRT). MRT or Cloned transponders WILL NOT read properly on the new RC4 decoder that was released by MyLaps. MyLaps has offered a $36.00 trade up program for anyone with these cloned transponders. If you send your current cloned transponder to MyLaps, they will provide you with a new RC4 personal transponder for $36.00. If you have a MRT transponder, we strongly suggest you take them up on this offer. We apologize for any hassle this has caused our customers and wish that this change did not have to take place. If you should have any questions, please feel free to call the shop.

Thanks,
Kevin
Old 03-06-2013, 03:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

What tires work (or should I say will work) for escale and 4wd sct at the warmup race and nats? Thanks
Old 03-06-2013, 04:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Originally Posted by Stealth_RT
What tires work (or should I say will work) for escale and 4wd sct at the warmup race and nats? Thanks
Last time I was there we were on small pin tires(AKA Grid irons, Proline hole shots, HB megabites) when the track cleaned out and the grove set in. Compound depends on track temp. warm temp harder tire. I heard rumors at nats they were on m2 prolines or AKA Meduim's
Old 03-25-2013, 08:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Less than 2 weeks til the season opener
Old 03-31-2013, 08:53 PM
Tech Master

Season opener this coming Saturday, April 6th! Track is in great shape, Halloween layout from the end of last season, only gonna be in for another 2 races and then it's time for "The Big One" layout.

This is a club race so race fees are only $20 for the first and $15 for extras, kids under 10 race for $10!

If you would like more details on our club races for 2013, please refer to the first page of our thread on the racing forum.

Thanks,

Kevin
Old 04-16-2013, 10:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

How's the track look for practice tonight? Think we'll get lucky with the rain?
Old 04-18-2013, 06:25 AM
Tech Master

Looks like Friday is gonna be touch and go here as far as the weather goes but Saturday is back to looking ok. A bit cool (high 50's low 60's) but only a 10% chance of a shower. Any of you that have been here for a rain day before know that the track likes water and it always makes for an awesome groove and great racing. I will be watching the weather very closely over the next 36 hours and will update you any and every time I have new info. I'm sure that Christa will have updates on our facebook page also. It sounds like we have a ton of outta town racers coming in for this weekend so the racing should be great! Can't wait to see everyone.

Kevin
Old 04-19-2013, 06:08 AM
Tech Master

Latest update on the weather is better than the last. My local weather and weather.com say the same thing, T-storms tonight from 4 to 10pm then clearing by midnight and half sun, half clouds Saturday. High 50's low 60's for a high. I haven't put any water on the track since Tuesday so it will soak up whatever mother nature puts on it tonight. I'll have swept off tonight as soon as it quits raining and then saw dust it and sweep it back off before practice even starts in the morning. It'll be a great day of traction and racing with little to no tire wear.

I have a busy day in the shop today and won't be able to check this forum very often, so if anyone has any questions please call 717-463-9173.

Safe travels to all, see you soon.

Kevin
Old 04-20-2013, 02:53 AM
Tech Master

The track is in great shape! I put one bag of saw dust on it in 2 places, and I almost didn't even do that. It's a little windy but other than that it should be a great day. The area behind the track where the circus tents were for nats is a little wet yet so you guys that are used to parking back there will need to find alternate place to pit, see me if you need help.

See ya all soon.

Kevin
Old 05-14-2013, 08:11 PM
Tech Master

Sorry for not being online to answer questions quicker, We've been working outside on getting new dirt ready for the track. We hoped to have it on the track and a new layout down for The Big One but mother nature had other plans. The rain over the last week pushed back out dirt project to this week which didn't allow us time to put down the new dirt and change the layout. As you will all see when you arrive for TBO we have been working hard and have piled up a lot of new dirt to resurface the entire track and build some awesome layouts. I'll try to post some pics later in the week.

If anyone has questions about TBO or any of our upcoming events please contact me by phone or email.

Thanks,

Kevin

[email protected]
shop 717-463-9173
Old 05-16-2013, 05:01 AM
Tech Master

Don't forget, TBO this weekend has a $1000.00 purse for the E Buggy A main.

RV lot only has 1 spot left open so if you are planning on camping and want a hook up, make sure you call ahead.

The grass spot out behind the Daytona turn where everyone usually parks their trailers is where the screening plant is setup so please check with me before you park and I'll find you another spot.

Thanks,

Kevin
Old 06-11-2013, 09:33 AM
Tech Master

I'd like to once again thank everyone for their continued support of LCRC. We couldn't make it what it is without you all!

Unfortunately we must cancel practice for tonight, due to rain all day yesterday and again this am.

Hope to have better weather for next Tuesday's practice.

Kevin
Old 06-14-2013, 09:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Is there a Track change for the Warm-up race??? Also if I'm to show up late on Sat would I make any qual rounds??? Have too work in the morning!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.