Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ta04r...

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2003, 03:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Shadow something is binding not sure where to point you other than to look for a pebble down in the gearcase.

I stripped one a few years ago after a pebble jammed in there. You should have no stripping issues at all. If anything the alum is worse for long term as the Al is so soft you notice alot more wear on the teeth.
Old 11-17-2003, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by zech
Hi Guys,

To all the 414 and 04 driver/owner: What are the difference between the 414 and the 04? Since they are both belt drive which one is a better kit?
Of course the 414 is the better kit. the differences are a lot.
You may want to go to tamiya.com to see how they physically different from each other, however they share few common parts.
Old 11-17-2003, 07:44 PM
Tech Elite

I used a plastic type center one way with BL stock setup. No stripping at all. It shouldn't strip unless it get jammed somewhere. Did it happen also when you throttle on static stand?
Old 11-18-2003, 03:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally posted by GTO2
I used a plastic type center one way with BL stock setup. No stripping at all. It shouldn't strip unless it get jammed somewhere. Did it happen also when you throttle on static stand?
I am not using a centre one way... only the front diff oneway

The drivetrain is as free as it could be when on a stand etc... its seems to be an under power thing and only when running mods... thats why I am thinking its probably a strength thing with the pulleys when running the setup I am

I've modified a set of TA03R plastic pulleys to fit (they have the same number of teeth and pitch) and they seem to be standing up to the strain so far but they aren't exactly easy to get either
Old 11-18-2003, 03:21 AM
Tech Elite

U are not using center one way?
The TA03 have a few types, from 15-17T if I remember correctly, and the 04 is using the 15T, yes?
Very strange...how's the belt condition? Is it possible the belt skipped over the plastic pulley under braking?
I'd try a center oneway...that's shouldn't strip at all.
Old 11-18-2003, 09:22 AM
Tech Regular

Default Servo question

T-Man,

Two : Your servo gets a bump on the head and it will be out of line. Will correct itself after another 'hit'.....mostly There is no need to replace the servosaver.
I was referring to my plastic servo stay being a probable cause.
About my servo getting bumped, have you personally encountered servos like that? I'am using a KO 2343 digital servo.
Old 11-18-2003, 09:50 AM
T-man

Baluga,

Yes i did. I use the alu servo-stays (better), a kimbrough servosaver and a hitec digital servo and these are just fine (sorry for misunderstandig your item). The problem is that, just as you descibed, after a hit the servo is out of alignment. It corrects itself after disconnecting the batteries or another hit ..... no joke. Guys who are running other chassis types and other servos, even your KO, have the same 'problem'.

As far as I know there is no obvious solution and is something we just have to live with.

I can only say and advise.... stop hitting the wall

Marc

Old 11-18-2003, 10:53 AM
Tech Regular

T-man,

Yes i did. I use the alu servo-stays (better), a kimbrough servosaver and a hitec digital servo and these are just fine (sorry for misunderstandig your item). The problem is that, just as you descibed, after a hit the servo is out of alignment. It corrects itself after disconnecting the batteries or another hit ..... no joke. Guys who are running other chassis types and other servos, even your KO, have the same 'problem'.

That sucks! I didn't expect buying an expensive servo would still cause a problem like this. Wonder why I don't get to see a lot of people having this problem? I better do some test if it does affects my servo. I was thinking of either buying a Futaba 9451 servo or going for a Xray kit coz there's no fun driving a car that doesn't goes straight. Thanks T-man for your feedback, really appreciate it.
Old 11-18-2003, 12:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by GTO2
U are not using center one way?
The TA03 have a few types, from 15-17T if I remember correctly, and the 04 is using the 15T, yes?
Very strange...how's the belt condition? Is it possible the belt skipped over the plastic pulley under braking?
I'd try a center oneway...that's shouldn't strip at all.
The TA03 pulleys are from 14-16T and yes I am using the 15T... I'll see how they go...as I said they seem to be holding up so far

I prefer the "feel" of the front one-way over the centre one-way... it has a much greater impact on the speed of my car on the tracks I race on... and when I am racing in a club that basically holds Corallys (Assasins and 4.1s) as the ONLY cars to have, I need all the speed I can get
Old 11-18-2003, 01:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by T-man
I have seen, AND experienced this problem as well... and its 100% the fault of the servo-saver on every occasion I have seen it...

so even if you are thinking yours is ok I'd be checking it for ANY movement as it does not take much to upset the 04 steering
Old 11-18-2003, 05:32 PM
Tech Initiate

The problem is much worse in my stock TL01...
The servo saver simply wont stay still because of the "looseness" in the whole servo saver assembly.

Its not a problem of the servo at all, so buyin a new servo wont solve this steering problem.

I guess I can glueup my servo saver, but it wont "save" my servo when I crash....
Old 11-19-2003, 09:27 PM
Tech Adept

Default One way pulley

Hey guys,

I have a Ta04-R tuned, whish i recently decided to put a one way pulley in (Alumi one).
Problem is, after everytime i take my car out, the one way is jammed, so pulling the front belt actually pulls the whole drivetrain, but if i hold the spur and give it a tug, it loosens up and returned to normal..

I asked ones of the guys at my local track and he said that it is most likely broken, but its been happening since i first bought it.
I thought i would post here before laying down the cash for a new one.

Any ideas?

Alch
Old 11-19-2003, 09:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Get a replacment center shaft I have seen some soft ones a couple of years ago maybe you LHS had one of the older ones?

If you look closely you will see horizontal"stripes" where the shaft has developed soft spots.
Old 11-19-2003, 09:50 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Difuser
Get a replacment center shaft I have seen some soft ones a couple of years ago maybe you LHS had one of the older ones?

If you look closely you will see horizontal"stripes" where the shaft has developed soft spots.
The shaft looks ok, the car is only a few months old...

One thing, there is a bit of play on either side of the one way (ie. it can move slightly from side to side). Should there be any movement? i thought of putting a bushing/washer in to stop the movement, but haven't tried it yet (heading to the track tomorrow).

Alch
Old 11-24-2003, 02:03 AM
Tech Master

Does anyone know if the damperstays and suspension blocks from the Evo3 do fit on a TA04?

Also what's the difference in setup option, between the Ta04TRF and TA04R.
Iow what doe the suspension blocjk offer for tune-ability?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.