Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LRP SXX StockSpec V2 ESC

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 07:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Has anyone used this with non-lrp motor yet?
Old 04-14-2011, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Old 04-15-2011, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
Did you re-calibrate after the update ?
Yes, re-calibrated after the update.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Has someone experience with this esc in combination with the X11 (blue color) motors. I want to use it in my TC5 with a X11 7.5t. My idea is to go with 8.0:1 gearing on a big outdoor track for 1/8 cars. Is that too slow?
Old 04-16-2011, 07:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dane
I use this with a Thunder Power and a Ballistic motor, both work flawlessly.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dane
yes fantom ion 3 17.5 5.0 fdr o timing on motor with 0-10-12-4 140 degrees after 5 minutes very fast
Old 04-16-2011, 11:49 PM
Tech Master

Default Update Error

Why I was updating my LRP from 4.2 too 4.4, it seemed to fail and asked me to restart

Now whenever I connect to the ESC it just tells me to check cables and turn off esc and now all the lights are flashing...

Can anyone tell me how to get round this??
Old 04-17-2011, 01:08 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi Guys

I have just received my LRP SXX SS V2 ESC and the USB Bridge Firmware Update.

I`ve previously been using a LRP SXX TC Spec V1 with great success never had any issues always run with flawless performance.Also using the LRP X12

So I recieved the SXX SS V2 this week. I have been reading through this forum about how great they are. I downloaded the Software off the LRP website no issues there.

Being very excited when I recieved the speedo I couldn`t wait to check things out. I didn`t install it in the car straight away instead I tried to update the firmware from 4.2-4.4 connected speedo to computer went through the
steps

(Connect to Speed Control Yes gave me the serial number etc)

(Open Firmware File Yes opened no issues)

(Update Firmware on Speed Control Yes Started update progress about half way through it stopped Speed Control Error)

I thought maybe I needed to go through the setup programming. All connected up in the car I did this today switched on transmitter connect battery to speed control switched on ESC and the RED-YELLOW&BLUE lights flicker madly and the motor cogs really badly.Then they stop flickering they stay illuminated and the motor runs on. I can`t enter the programming of the esc either. The ESC & WIRES get quite hot (45deg Celsius)

If anyone has any idea what is happening here please let me know. My next step is to send it back to LRP for Repair.

Regards Daniel
Old 04-17-2011, 03:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Daniel W
Hi Guys

I`ve previously been using a LRP SXX TC Spec V1 with great success never had any issues always run with flawless performance.Also using the LRP X12

So I recieved the SXX SS V2 this week. I have been reading through this forum about how great they are. I downloaded the Software off the LRP website no issues there.

Being very excited when I recieved the speedo I couldn`t wait to check things out. I didn`t install it in the car straight away instead I tried to update the firmware from 4.2-4.4 connected speedo to computer went through the
steps

(Update Firmware on Speed Control Yes Started update progress about half way through it stopped Speed Control Error)

I thought maybe I needed to go through the setup programming. All connected up in the car I did this today switched on transmitter connect battery to speed control switched on ESC and the RED-YELLOW&BLUE lights flicker madly and the motor cogs really badly.Then they stop flickering they stay illuminated and the motor runs on. I can`t enter the programming of the esc either. The ESC & WIRES get quite hot (45deg Celsius)

If anyone has any idea what is happening here please let me know. My next step is to send it back to LRP for Repair.

Regards Daniel
Disconnect everything and start all over. Make sure you get asuccessful update before you start using the esc.
Old 04-17-2011, 04:37 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi Guys

Ok i`ve done as Apex suggested. No Difference

Unistall LRP Firmware Software from Computer.

Downloaded successfully again.

Bring the Software page up on my screen.

Connect ESC through hall-sensor port.

Press OK

USB Firmware Bridge blue LED on
Press Connect to Speed Control Then the orange LED comes on(USB Bridge)

ESC Red LCD constant glow
ESC Yellow Flicking LED
ESC Blue Flicking LED

Then this pops up with a error ding

Communication Error

Speed Control is not responding!
Old 04-17-2011, 06:56 AM
Tech Elite

Hi Guys

Ok i`ve done as Apex suggested. No Difference

Unistall LRP Firmware Software from Computer.

Downloaded successfully again.

Bring the Software page up on my screen.

Connect ESC through hall-sensor port.

Press OK

USB Firmware Bridge blue LED on
Press Connect to Speed Control Then the orange LED comes on(USB Bridge)

ESC Red LCD constant glow
ESC Yellow Flicking LED
ESC Blue Flicking LED

Then this pops up with a error ding

Communication Error

Speed Control is not responding!
Are you using a laptop or a desktop? If laptop make sure you are using ac power and not battery when doing the upgrade.
Old 04-17-2011, 08:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I was updating my speedo when my comp lock up now the speedo dose not work at all and when I hook it up to the comp it says it dose not see the speedo.. anyone had this issue before??
Old 04-17-2011, 12:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi wondering if anyone is using this speedo for 17.5 no-timing (blinky-mode).
Any reviews on how it performs compared to the Tekin RS in blinky mode?
I'd also like to try running it with the X12-17.5. Any idea on gearing and timing dot to run? Most guys at my track are running an RS with D3 and are fast. Wondering if the LRP can hang.
Old 04-17-2011, 02:38 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi Apex

I`m just using a desktop i will try another computer today to see if this helps

Originally Posted by Apex
Are you using a laptop or a desktop? If laptop make sure you are using ac power and not battery when doing the upgrade.
Old 04-17-2011, 03:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Me_MrTyson
Why I was updating my LRP from 4.2 too 4.4, it seemed to fail and asked me to restart

Now whenever I connect to the ESC it just tells me to check cables and turn off esc and now all the lights are flashing...

Can anyone tell me how to get round this??
Hi Guys

steps

Regards Daniel
Originally Posted by Vicko
I was updating my speedo when my comp lock up now the speedo dose not work at all and when I hook it up to the comp it says it dose not see the speedo.. anyone had this issue before??

Thinking we all have the same problem, if you fail in the update process the ESC is broken..

Have a feeling the only way forward is to send it back to factory AGAIN to fix the situation.

Unless someone has an idea how to factory reset the SXX? the software will not connect to the ESC any more it just flashes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.