Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
Guaging Interest... Danbury (Fairfield County) Indoor carpet and Outdoor 1/8th scale >

Guaging Interest... Danbury (Fairfield County) Indoor carpet and Outdoor 1/8th scale

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Guaging Interest... Danbury (Fairfield County) Indoor carpet and Outdoor 1/8th scale

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 05:16 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Guaging Interest... Danbury (Fairfield County) Indoor carpet and Outdoor 1/8th scale

Hey Guys,

I have been looking at some space to possibly start a hobby shop/ raceway in Danbury/Bethel area of CT. I have a few ideas and wanted so possible input. The classes that we are considering run are as follows:

Mini Z - indoor

Tamiya Mini coopers M03? - would be indoor

Outdoor 1/8 scale GT spec class

Possibly 1/12th scale indoor carpet -

Aside from the GT class, I think that these classes would be good because it would allow either a beginner or a seasoned vet to have a good time... Your thoughts or if you live in the area and would want to come race drop me a line. We are trying to figure out if there is even enough people in the area for the track to survive.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I live in New fairfield, a couple of guys get together every sunday behind Lowes and race. we managed to get some old fire hoses and use that to set up the track.

I was planning in contacting the Danbury Mayor, to see if they will allow a small portion of a park or something in order to build a off-road and on-road track.

Shoot me a PM with your info, maybe we can get together and figure something out.
Sebastian
Old 07-27-2009, 09:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

IF YOU BUILD IT, THEY WILL COME!!!

There are a lot of closet (so to speak), 1/12 guys between Westchester, Long Isand, north Jersey and CT.

Nice facility, clean racing, no BS - I would think would equal a decent winter crowd. It's the summer that dies for on-road in the past.

Keep the rules simply, let the pros play at pro speed - let everyone else race with some type of incentive to be there (prizes, discount coupons, something).
Old 07-28-2009, 06:52 AM
Tech Rookie

What times do you guys race up behind lowes? Maybe I will bring my IGT down this weekend as Sunday is my freakin birthday!
Old 07-28-2009, 07:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by forcedinduction
Hey Guys,

I have been looking at some space to possibly start a hobby shop/ raceway in Danbury/Bethel area of CT. I have a few ideas and wanted so possible input. The classes that we are considering run are as follows:

Mini Z - indoor

Tamiya Mini coopers M03? - would be indoor

Outdoor 1/8 scale GT spec class

Possibly 1/12th scale indoor carpet -

Aside from the GT class, I think that these classes would be good because it would allow either a beginner or a seasoned vet to have a good time... Your thoughts or if you live in the area and would want to come race drop me a line. We are trying to figure out if there is even enough people in the area for the track to survive.

Any reason for not having a 1/10 sedan class or possibly a 1/10 Vintage Trans Am class?
Old 07-28-2009, 07:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

You would need a pretty big space to have a decent sized mini-z track and a usable 1/12th sized track, how many sq ft are you looking at?
Old 07-28-2009, 12:44 PM
Tech Rookie

Well from the people that I usually race around with we all have the above referenced cars - we are looking at a space in bethel with about 5,000 sqft and it is on the second floor of a warehouse - really sweet location. Right now we run 1/8th scale at bethel self storage every now and then...
Old 07-29-2009, 04:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

At lowes we are at 12pm every sunday till we run out of fuel or battery
Old 08-04-2009, 03:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

There are MANY TCS type racers waiting for a track which will run those classses to re-open in the area, myself included.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

how about 1/10 th scale touring and world gt indoor?...or outdoor for that matter. Poughkeepsie area racer here...with no local place to race my VTA car...my F103RM F1 car...my HPI cup racer....if there's any interest in those classes or the touring world gt class i'd be down for it...and quite a few guys from my area would make the trip to danbury...keep us informed .