Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree78Likes

EAMotorsports discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 10:55 AM
Tech Master

yeah but is that with a load or without a load?
Old 03-30-2005, 11:51 AM
J-P
Tech Regular

hey matt,

dont worry about the amp draw, i had the same when i first got my roar motor and i posted about it, it seems to be normal, i spoke to colin and a few of the other guys on here and they said it is best to run it in at 2v for 100-300 secs, no higher, some friends of mine run it up on a dyno (much-more) and it pulled loads of amps but rev'ed far higher than anything they had. so dont worry, use the best dyno out there... the track and then see for your self(once you hit the sweet spot on the gearing see it go!!!)

thanks eric,

if i had made a better battery choice for the final qualifier, im sure i would have put it in the back of the A main

J-P

p.s, it would be great if you could come over for that with a couple of your guys????
Old 03-30-2005, 11:55 AM
Tech Master

thanks J-P.....do you have any recomendations for gearing the ROAR (outdoors at stafford if you have been there)
Old 03-30-2005, 12:41 PM
J-P
Tech Regular

ive not been there but at west london i run between 5.8 and 6.3 but found around the 6.18/6.36 is best (im running a Pro4). hope this helps you matt.

J-P
Old 03-30-2005, 12:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey Raving monkey, I would check the comm splits to make sure they are clean, after skimming make sure you clean them with a blade, sometimes copper gets wedged in there and causes massive amp draw as it shorts. I would expect around 8 amps at 2-3v. I would start gearing around 6.2 for stafford and work from there.

Rob Miller

----------------------------------------------------------------
C-SRacing and TIR Racing
Old 03-30-2005, 01:13 PM
Tech Master

thanks J-P and robz.

the motor is brand new but i will run a knife down the slots

robz, noticed in your sig you have put TiR..do you run for TiR? if so what team (A, B or C?)
Old 03-30-2005, 02:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I take it your doing first round of TORC then matt? Personally haven't got a clue how to gear a ROAR for outside.... not been out with one yet. However, I'm off to do my first outdoor run this weekend at Coastal up in ipswich (it's a trek, but there is method to the madness), then maybe go down to barham next weekend. Getting praccy in for the ashby round on the 17th.

And Rob, I'd be interested to know too... I have a TiR sponsership form sitting in my setup sheet folder... all i need is a reference, cough, colin

Later
Ed
Old 03-30-2005, 02:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Not racing this weekend Ed?
I went to Ashby last sunday so i can get some idea about driving outdoors there.
If you get sponsored by TIR then you cant do 27T stock in TORC
Old 03-30-2005, 02:23 PM
Tech Master

nah Ed, its first round of the stock BRCA nationals (aldershot mod on same weeked)

i put my LHS as my referance...got an email back like a week after saying i'd been accepted into B team...that was about 1 1/2 weeks ago...and today i got my pricelist through.

don't worry Colin....i'm still your friend i will still be getting my usuals through you
Old 03-30-2005, 02:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by berger
Not racing this weekend Ed?
I went to Ashby last sunday so i can get some idea about driving outdoors there.
If you get sponsored by TIR then you cant do 27T stock in TORC
whys that berger? they never mentioned anything like that to me when i got my 'terms and conditions' off them
Old 03-30-2005, 02:29 PM
s2
Tech Adept

yea, some levels of sponsorship are ok though, like shop assistance, it doesnt specify on the entry form (just a vauge '27t is for non-sponsored drivers only') but the sponsorship they mean is like B and team drivers which cant do stock
Old 03-30-2005, 02:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Standard Class: 27 turn 24degree fixed Timing Re-buildable only, Bearings can also be fitted, spec as BRCA EB.
This Class is intended for the non-sponsored drivers but is not intended to stop shop-assisted competitors.
27t will be split into 2 Classes F1 & F2, based on previous driver abilities, any one with 83% + will be F1, 83% & below will be F2.
For 2006 Any Driver Finishing in the Top 10 Overall (F1/F2 Combined list) who achieves a Driver ability of 93% + will have to move out of the 27t Class for the following year.
Drivers in the 27t Class will be placed into the Formula based on their Driver ability.
Ive a feeling i dont have any pinions big enough for Stafford now, ive got 16-29, ill start with the 29 on a ROAR. Hope they have a small shop there or i can lynch some off a friend.
Old 03-30-2005, 02:36 PM
Tech Master

ahh ok, i thought you meant TiR limited you to what classes you could run (thats where i got confused)

thanks for clearing it up
Old 03-30-2005, 02:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by s2
yea, some levels of sponsorship are ok though, like shop assistance, it doesnt specify on the entry form (just a vauge '27t is for non-sponsored drivers only') but the sponsorship they mean is like B and team drivers which cant do stock
Hmm thats what i thought.

this is the wording from the rules:
Standard Class: 27 turn 24degree fixed Timing Re-buildable only, Bearings can also be fitted, spec as BRCA EB.
This Class is intended for the non-sponsored drivers but is not intended to stop shop-assisted competitors.
I guess it goes on by what the meaning of "shop assisted" is.... a little vague.

Personally, doubt i'd get it anyway... results haven't exactly been stunning
But if you don't ask you don't get
Old 03-30-2005, 02:48 PM
Tech Master

well if you don't think you can get it....a miracle must of happened for me

i did terrible at BIWS, haven't really done any nationals (did halifax mod last year but weather was poor) and HPI juniors wasn't a good weekend for me either.

trust me, you'd get in

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.