Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree6Likes

Will there ever be a 1/8th scale Electric onroad car

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 11:04 AM
wwoodruff

Can't wait to see it together! Looks really nice.

Old 05-11-2009, 11:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wwoodruff
Can't wait to see it together! Looks really nice.
Thanks,
Me too...

Just got an email from the water jet guy and the carbon parts should be done by Thurs. WEEEEEEE!
Old 05-11-2009, 11:28 AM
Tech Regular

OK, I'm just used to always having a diff. And tire wear is a BIG concern. Don
Old 05-11-2009, 11:38 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DLS II
OK, I'm just used to always having a diff. And tire wear is a BIG concern. Don
Understood. Our tire wear is managed well, yes, one side does wear more than the other. But, the same thing happens with foam tire Sedans. A spool doesn't have quite the effect you're imagining - it's all in the set-up approach.

Kinda like a fuel milage - some guys can make time some can't. The guys who do have studied and understand what is required to be efficient. The guys who don't - well, they might need to step back and review their strategies.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by YoDog
Thanks,
Me too...

Just got an email from the water jet guy and the carbon parts should be done by Thurs. WEEEEEEE!
I have to take the chassis out and stare at it a little longer, it's soooo purdy!

This may be getting a little on the creepy side.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I have to take the chassis out and stare at it a little longer, it's soooo purdy!

This may be getting a little on the creepy side.
If I have 1 of this chassis like yours...I think it will be on my wall to stare at for a LONG while (reminded me the day I've got my Kyosho Optima Mid SP carbon fiber mesh chassis, my 1st brand new carbon fiber chassis on my hand)...
Old 05-11-2009, 01:54 PM
Tech Regular

OK, if a go kart has a straight axel and relies on chassis flex for suspension, why does my Evolva have FIS? A pan car with a diff can go very fast on a fully prepped road course. I've read what John Stranahan has done with a 1/10 pan car on a road course running with 1/8 gas cars-impressive! I hope when my rear tires come in I can find someplace decent to test.(RB Speedline 35 shore) I guess I have a lot to learn. Thanks, Don
Old 05-11-2009, 02:31 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by DLS II
OK, if a go kart has a straight axel and relies on chassis flex for suspension, why does my Evolva have FIS? A pan car with a diff can go very fast on a fully prepped road course. I've read what John Stranahan has done with a 1/10 pan car on a road course running with 1/8 gas cars-impressive! I hope when my rear tires come in I can find someplace decent to test.(RB Speedline 35 shore) I guess I have a lot to learn. Thanks, Don
RC500, earlier model of Serpent, Delta, Kyosho Fantom....I believed they were all PAN CAR design with Nitro engine...however, when the nitro engine getting faster and more powerfull, pan chassis just cannot handle the abuse, not to mention...45-60 minutes main. I believed that is part of the reason 1/8th on road is going for the full suspension version, with 3 belts design....and it is heavier too.

If the PAN design does work well...I don't believe we will see our 1/8th on road right now with all those plastic, extra belts and weight...

Without a doubt...if someone is going to do another 'GROUND UP" dedicated for 1/8th brushless system and lipo with PAN CHASSIS running RWD or Kyosho Fantom type 4WD...it could be faster then any current Nitro On road right now....however, I am concern about a PAN CAR can survive an hour of HARD racing like the fuel 1/8th on road...(nor the LIPO can last 1 hour)....my 0.02 cents.
Old 05-11-2009, 03:05 PM
Tech Regular

My thoughts also! KISS!!! Something like the Kyosho or a refined MRS4. Don
Old 05-12-2009, 05:14 AM
Tech Elite

All Right Guys there is nothing like a deadline to motivate a group. Let get a date on the schedule for next summer to showcase everones R&D and hard work.......so we are going to be proactive and get on the schedule early.

What: N.W. Electric on Road Challenge
Where: Timezone Raceway Park, Battle Ground WA
When: July 2010
Who: 10th Scale Touring Car
10th Scale Pan Car
and the Premire Class....1/8th Scale 4wd

we would most likely combine with our summer TZ G.P. typically held with our round of the NATC race. We draw a good group of west coast guys.

this should give us all time for sort out our designs.
Old 05-12-2009, 05:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yup yup!
Old 05-12-2009, 11:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MAD916
All Right Guys there is nothing like a deadline to motivate a group. Let get a date on the schedule for next summer to showcase everones R&D and hard work.......so we are going to be proactive and get on the schedule early.

What: N.W. Electric on Road Challenge
Where: Timezone Raceway Park, Battle Ground WA
When: July 2010
Who: 10th Scale Touring Car
10th Scale Pan Car
and the Premire Class....1/8th Scale 4wd

we would most likely combine with our summer TZ G.P. typically held with our round of the NATC race. We draw a good group of west coast guys.

this should give us all time for sort out our designs.
Sounds like a great idea!
I'd love to get back up to WA again.
It would be like the good old days of F1 and 1/8th scale. (build your own rig and run what you brung). Maybe some manufacturers will take notice.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

Well, I started to test fit some of the parts and I only have a couple of tweaks to make to the chassis so far.

Here are a couple of pics with the printed 3D parts installed.
Still waiting on the carbon parts to come from the water jet guy.
Attached Thumbnails Will there ever be a 1/8th scale Electric onroad car-iphone-187.jpg   Will there ever be a 1/8th scale Electric onroad car-iphone-188.jpg  

Last edited by YoDog; 05-12-2009 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Add pictures
Old 05-12-2009, 04:00 PM
wwoodruff

Well, I started to test fit some of the parts and I only have a couple of tweaks to make to the chassis so far.

Looks great. I know you mentioned this already but what size battery is the tray made for?

Old 05-12-2009, 06:01 PM
Tech Champion

Ah....where should I place my order.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.