Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree311Likes

Tekno RC EB48.4 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 01-11-2018, 05:44 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC EB48.4 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: billdelong
Welcome to the EB4.4 Wiki page.
If you edit the page, please add your name and date prior to your addition. While an admin can view the history, this makes it easier for everyone to just check updates. We'll put the newest additions at the top.

Bob B 8/10/17 - Should I start with the kit setup?
The kit setup is a great place to start. One other option that many of us start with is Joe's rough track setup. You can find that setup here
In order to run it you need 3x2.1 pistons and 3x2.0 pistons. (They are marked on the sheet as 3.1 and 3.0).

Matt W 7/7/17 - What is overdrive and when should I use it?
The NB48.4 comes stock with a 12t pinion (TKR8152) and the 39t ring (TKR8151) in both the front and rear and the EB48.4 has a 12t pinion (TKR8152B) and the 40t ring (TKR8151B) in both the front and rear.

The two sets of gears are used to overdrive the front of the EBs or underdrive the rear of the NBs. If you have both vehicles and want to try underdrive it's as easy as swapping the front diff and pinion of the EB and the rear diff and pinion of the NB. Underdrive helps on very loose tracks, when you need more on power steering or if the rear of the car feels loose.

Tips and Tricks
Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here. Please be sure to try our recommended setup. It works very well on most tracks.

Warranty Policy:

Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:

Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2016, 02:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hello Caffeine357,
The kit does not come with an aluminum servo horn. You can use pretty much any horn you might have and we also offer our own which is clamping and offers two separate lever lengths.

Originally Posted by caffeine357
has anyone built their kit yet? does it include an aluminum servo horn in this one or do i need to order one seperately? thanks all
Old 12-30-2016, 06:45 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Cain
not following on the bait thing but yeah the design of the HB car looks like the V4 conversions with there own twist on some things like the battery tray. If its a very good copy of the V4 layout then it should perform well as it has a good base to go off of.

Still seeing these as late dec for a variety of places. Any more news on that like packages shipped out to places like tower, etc?
good base or not, every top brand had conversions too, but they didn't half ass it and just copy it just because it works or is fast. No they innovate, proving there is more than one way to drive fast and more than one way to design fast cars. Hb is a copy. Plain and simple. No credit deserved there for copying design, regardless what it's capable of. Less r n d less work, good hb buggy thanks to tekno.
Old 12-30-2016, 07:50 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lala4fire
If you go to the Tekno web sight and put your arrow over the pic with the chassis/dblock, it gives an animated pic of the changes.
Yeah I see that one, I am looking for an overall chassis pic however if its just the same as the regular on the rest of the chassis that's fine, I was curious if there was more changes than just the rear end, as well as see how they changed the rear relative to the actual droop downstops.

Originally Posted by latentspeed
good base or not, every top brand had conversions too, but they didn't half ass it and just copy it just because it works or is fast. ...
I think you may want to take another look at what various top brands have been accused of based on various discussions concerning copying. You may be surprised based on comparison pictures and the discussions. Some of the recent vehicles have an uncanny look in comparison to others.

Looking forward to the first build posts. I am hopeful that the local track here will do 1/8 E buggy as the track is being built from a "1/10" perspective but is said to be SCT sized vehicle friendly, so I would think they will work good.

I am assuming the usual parts should be picked up for spares, however, with some of the changes done for new type of parts anything particular to pickup there that may wear faster than just normal maintenance items that you would be worth carrying as a spare? (ex- spare bearings for the new spindles)
Old 12-30-2016, 08:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Cain, recommend the normal spares, hinge pins, shock shafts, steel spur, 13x18x4 bearings, arms, spindles/carriers and hubs. Kit now comes with universals on all four corners and the plastics are very durable, so it will last quite a while.

I am assuming the usual parts should be picked up for spares, however, with some of the changes done for new type of parts anything particular to pickup there that may wear faster than just normal maintenance items that you would be worth carrying as a spare? (ex- spare bearings for the new spindles)
Old 12-30-2016, 11:40 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by MattDub
Cain, recommend the normal spares, hinge pins, shock shafts, steel spur, 13x18x4 bearings, arms, spindles/carriers and hubs. Kit now comes with universals on all four corners and the plastics are very durable, so it will last quite a while.
Good stuff yeah the steel spur will most likely make an appearance for a piece of mind thing. The nylon spurs have been reasonably durable in the past but nothing like a steel spur lol.

Hey maybe you can answer this, I noticed on a motor side mud guard the hole opening in it to adjust the motor mount lower screw was just a slit and on another it was a big circle. Is that the only difference? If so I can just open it up with the dremel, etc.

Lastly, I heard the best lipo for balance was a 6500mah 4S pack, is that still the case?
Old 12-30-2016, 12:48 PM
Tech Regular

Yeah I see that one, I am looking for an overall chassis pic however if its just the same as the regular on the rest of the chassis that's fine, I was curious if there was more changes than just the rear end, as well as see how they changed the rear relative to the actual droop downstops.

I think you may want to take another look at what various top brands have been accused of based on various discussions concerning copying. You may be surprised based on comparison pictures and the discussions. Some of the recent vehicles have an uncanny look in comparison to others.

Looking forward to the first build posts. I am hopeful that the local track here will do 1/8 E buggy as the track is being built from a "1/10" perspective but is said to be SCT sized vehicle friendly, so I would think they will work good.

Ae is crap in 1/8 buggy for stealing from mugen. A good brand in 1/10 off-road, but not 1/8. What's your point? I've been hammering ae for it. Not gonna give hb special treatment.
Old 12-30-2016, 07:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by crash n go
Looking at the two Bornhorst setups for the 48.4 can somebody tell me what the shock pistons are? 2x3.0?
Joe's using shorthand describing the pistons. For his Smooth Track setup sheet, he lists his pistons as "4.9". This translates into "4 x 1.9mm holes".

On his rough track setup, he lists:

"3.1" for front => "3 x 2.1mm holes"
"3.0" for rear => "3 x 2.0mm holes"
Old 12-30-2016, 10:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by crash n go
Looking at the two Bornhorst setups for the 48.4 can somebody tell me what the shock pistons are? 2x3.0?
Joe posted this on the Tekno RC Nation Facebook page:
4.9 = 4 hole x 1.9
3.1 = 3 hole x 2.1
3.0 = 3 hole x 2.0
Old 12-31-2016, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

I'm new to Tekno, so are these custom made Pistons or Tekno parts?
Old 12-31-2016, 12:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hairymuffin
Tekno parts
Old 12-31-2016, 12:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hairymuffin
The 4x1.9 are not out yet (being shipped with .4). The 3x2.1 (tkr6162) are out. 3x2.0, you may have to buy Tekno blank pistons (tkr6160) and drill three 2.0mm holes.
Old 12-31-2016, 05:47 PM
Tech Legend

its interesting to see going with less and less holes but larger ones. Looking forward to seeing how they work out.

So when do we expect the next shipment of eb48.4s? Towers out.
Old 01-02-2017, 12:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MattDub
Hello Caffeine357,
The kit does not come with an aluminum servo horn. You can use pretty much any horn you might have and we also offer our own which is clamping and offers two separate lever lengths.
Thanks Matt! Ill order one for the build. I like to have the aluminum servo horn
Old 01-02-2017, 04:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

its interesting to see going with less and less holes but larger ones. Looking forward to seeing how they work out.

So when do we expect the next shipment of eb48.4s? Towers out.
Fierce has 3 left

http://www.fiercercsolutions.com/sea...eywords=eb48.4
Old 01-02-2017, 07:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Got to see the .4 go around the track yesterday at NEORCRC. Joe's, as expected, looked really good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.