Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree120Likes

TAMIYA M-06 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 09:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Corner entry speed is what I believe makes it slower than an M05. Corner exit however it's much faster.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:57 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

what the best Tamiya bodies shell for M06 outdoor racing ?
Old 05-09-2013, 04:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Raman
Corner entry speed is what I believe makes it slower than an M05. Corner exit however it's much faster.
For sure, but it does depend on the corner. I find anything that would have required the breaks on a 05 is where they can get through faster. However those are usually the corners the 06 makes it back on the exit.

So to repeat my earlier question, what diff configurations are being used at the moment? Ball, Oil or Kit and how is it setup?
Old 05-09-2013, 04:54 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by wollow86
For sure, but it does depend on the corner. I find anything that would have required the breaks on a 05 is where they can get through faster. However those are usually the corners the 06 makes it back on the exit.

So to repeat my earlier question, what diff configurations are being used at the moment? Ball, Oil or Kit and how is it setup?
I used to run the kit gear diff with the anti wear grease as per instructions. I recently switched to the m05 ball diff and personally prefer it. It was recommended to me by an M06 racer that was very competitive. I personally swear by the ball diff.. Then again I'm not the best driver

There are a few that are running the spec r gear diff or 3 racing gear diff. Those are both better options than the stock gear diff. As for oils, I will them chime in..
Old 05-09-2013, 09:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OVA
Tamiya doesn't make a good body for a M06. It really makes me want to sell mine! So disapointed in Tamiya's bodies for my M06!
Old 05-09-2013, 09:53 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by vivo quevas
Tamiya doesn't make a good body for a M06. It really makes me want to sell mine! So disapointed in Tamiya's bodies for my M06!
You still going on about bodies for M06?

If you had your choice, what body would you put on the M06?

My opinion on M chassis cars is that the bodies should be vintage / historical race cars.. M06 should be a rear wheel drive and m05 should be a fwd. This is also Tamiya's view on these cars and thats why the first body on the new version of the fwd (m01, m03, m05, eventually m07) will be the Mini body. The new rear wheel drive (m02, m04, m06 and eventually m08) will be the Alfa GTV.

There are a few peeps that do show up to race with an m chassis Mazda 6 type and I let my opinion be known, that those bodies should not be allowed. If they want to run those bodies, they should be racing TC.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:04 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by vivo quevas
I thought maybe Miata bodies would be good...
Old 05-09-2013, 10:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by OVA
I personally like the Silvia.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JustWill75
Good old No. 25 for me...

Honda S800 - dig that body so much.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:56 AM
Tech Regular

I would love if someone would do a Mini Marcos GT body for the M05.
Then again I am a little biased.

Old 05-10-2013, 04:22 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by v_squared
Thanks for posting about your adventures with the m06 on asphalt tracks. What is about the m06 that makes it a little slower on asphalt tracks? If you are running on low grip tracks there are a number of things you can do to get forward bite. Like add a little weight. Shift the weight to the back. Lower the rear ride height. Rise the front ride height. Reduce front camber. stiffen the front end. Increase front drops. Add rear sway bar or use stiffer rear sway bar. I remember adding a rear sway bar to my b4 on a dry hard back track and the rear suddenly gain a lot more tractions.

As soon as I can get to an asphalt track I will let everyone know what I find. The closest track to me is Joliet in Illinois and it is about four plus hours away so I don't know when I can make it down.

Please help test if you have access to an asphalt track. It would nice if testing can done with Tamiya tires as a control condition that way we can really compare and discuss the results in a more meaningful way.
95% agree

i really did try all of this , to improve the handling with Type A tires .
weight -> m-06R weights.
shift weight back -> shorty lipo in the very rear end.
lower rear ride height and rise front height -> done
reduce front camber -> yes
stiffen front -> yes - Hard sway bar installed and hard springs (rear: soft springs)

but only the rear sway bar did not meet my expectations about a better handling *g*

and yes: i also can confirm, that i had to struggle when entering some very fast corners. when my competitors can use full throttle in this corners i had to leave the full throttle position. in my video you can see that i always lost some tenths in the corner just before the long straight. but the fastest lap time was more or less the same. so i must have been faster oftenly in the other corners....

so the big thing is , to get even more grip in the front but prevent some grip roles
Old 05-10-2013, 04:26 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Raman
I used to run the kit gear diff with the anti wear grease as per instructions. I recently switched to the m05 ball diff and personally prefer it. It was recommended to me by an M06 racer that was very competitive. I personally swear by the ball diff.. Then again I'm not the best driver

There are a few that are running the spec r gear diff or 3 racing gear diff. Those are both better options than the stock gear diff. As for oils, I will them chime in..

I also can confirm this, i did have more troubles using the kit diff. after changing to the ball diff (TA-03 at the moment) i do have much more fun ...
to be honest i did change the setup of this car in general , but the ball diff is one part of the whole change...

and as posted before, i only had the ta-03 diff available. but will change to m-05 as soon as it will be delivered and check the bi differences for me...
Old 05-10-2013, 04:31 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by OVA
hm, i do own the RX7 and the beetle bodies.
But i can not see many big differences as far as the speed of our series is not the fastest. (sport tuned motor speed)
The real big difference is the in fight compatibility. very often the beetle will be the loser of some fights. and if the car crashed, it oftenly ends up with the beetle laying on the side
Old 05-10-2013, 07:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Raman;12136274]You still going on about bodies for M06?

If you had your choice, what body would you put on the M06?

My opinion on M chassis cars is that the bodies should be vintage / historical race cars.. M06 should be a rear wheel drive and m05 should be a fwd. This is also Tamiya's view on these cars and thats why the first body on the new version of the fwd (m01, m03, m05, eventually m07) will be the Mini body. The new rear wheel drive (m02, m04, m06 and eventually m08) will be the Alfa GTV.
QUOTE]

Raman I'm sorry I race in this century it just looks funny when I'm running a Nissan Silva against a field of Mini's. M06 don't race in a seperate class then the other M- chassis's! Tamiya should make a mini style body for the M06! That is all I'm saying Tamiya bodies choices are very limited for the M06 IMHO it is a opinion an opinion is like a hole's everybody has one and that is my opinion! Tamiya could make a body that allows me to run a longer wheel base I think my M06 would handle much better at 125mm. There should be more bodies then 3!
Also mini bodies turn themselves back over when they get flipped over most of the time. These changes might make M06 a race car that could really compete against M03/M05 those are the cars of choice at TCS aren't they?

What body should they make? Off the top of my head:
Ford Fiestiva
Dodge Caliber
Nissan Cube
That new Fiat
Honda Pilot
Old 05-10-2013, 08:03 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by JustWill75
I just pick up the Alpine bodies..should be good enough..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.