Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree8Likes

YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 05:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

All I can say is if your not comfortable with super small parts that can be lost super easy this might not be the kit for you.

The ball detents to adjust the tension are cool but I am scared thats gonna fall out if I ever rebuild the gear diff.

The way you have to install the spur was super tight. I am starting to think the extra shim isn't needed.

Kit seems super cool so far but def not for a beginner. Servo mount installed and ready.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NolanP

Just kidding this thing is sick!!!!

Not a beginner kit at all though.
Good thing you are a professional A main driver as denoted in many previous posts.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

All I can say is if your not comfortable with super small parts that can be lost super easy this might not be the kit for you.

The ball detents to adjust the tension are cool but I am scared thats gonna fall out if I ever rebuild the gear diff.

The way you have to install the spur was super tight. I am starting to think the extra shim isn't needed.

Kit seems super cool so far but def not for a beginner. Servo mount installed and ready.
I ended up just using the aluminum shim with an x ray spur. I wish the correct spur was available for 17.5. The correct spur is 2.5mm at the mounting point where as the normal yokos are 3.0
Old 09-17-2012, 06:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by artwork
Good thing you are a professional A main driver as denoted in many previous posts.
lol I love you too. Haters got to hate......jk but in all honesty I am proud of that. and if it helped sell my old stuff so be it. No where near professional though.

Let's get one thing straight my building skills are no where near awesome. Nor my tuning skills.

Artwork have you built one of these things before (Yokomo) they are just weird a lot of really tiny screw driver steps. Just seems like it's not a kit you should get if you don't know what you are doing. Between the instructions and the little things I am not used to. I am used to the Xray where is shows you every little minor detail that makes it pretty hard to mess up when your building the kit. This is pretty easy to mess up.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Once you have the spring in the mount, place a very small amount of CA on the ball to hold it in place. This will stop it from falling out.

Last edited by A Ilievski; 09-17-2012 at 09:21 PM.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:57 PM
Tech Elite

I'm having an impossibly hard time getting equal throw. No matter what I've tried I can't get full lock turning to the right. Ko propo rsx one ten servo option mount.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:57 PM
Tech Elite

lol I love you too. Haters got to hate......jk but in all honesty I am proud of that. and if it helped sell my old stuff so be it. No where near professional though.

Let's get one thing straight my building skills are no where near awesome. Nor my tuning skills.

Artwork have you built one of these things before (Yokomo) they are just weird a lot of really tiny screw driver steps. Just seems like it's not a kit you should get if you don't know what you are doing. Between the instructions and the little things I am not used to. I am used to the Xray where is shows you every little minor detail that makes it pretty hard to mess up when your building the kit. This is pretty easy to mess up.
It has been a while since I have had a Yokomo...really interested to see how the build goes. Tamiya instructions are kind of like that too...they assume you kind of know what you are doing I think. The X-ray instructions are really good compared to most. Take good pics!
Old 09-17-2012, 07:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by B00t13g
I'm having an impossibly hard time getting equal throw. No matter what I've tried I can't get full lock turning to the right. Ko propo rsx one ten servo option mount.
Post a pic or a video...of the steering throw issues. Impossible to help with the info provided.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:33 PM
Tech Elite

Are you using the short or long servo horn?

I'm going to have to turn mine down both ways at least it feels so.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:03 PM
Tech Elite

Try this:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/11200272-post3701.html

-Mike
Old 09-18-2012, 12:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

I cannot wait, every day I wake up hoping its coming today!! Been running Xray 008, 009, all 3 T3's with no complaints but been offered a bit of a deal with the yok and really looking forwards to it. The last yok I owned was a mr4tc-sd ssg special silver graphite carbon parts and shaft drive, was awesome back then.
Does the new car come with servo saver?? And this talk of droop setting, do you not just adjust droop from lowest point on the arm near the outer pin??? That's how iv done every car iv had??
Also waiting for a $340 spares package to arrive
Old 09-18-2012, 05:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by artwork
Post a pic or a video...of the steering throw issues. Impossible to help with the info provided.
My steering rack binds before I reach full lock turning right. I'm currently using the short arm, but have used both with no change either way. The only way I can get full lock to the right is with +2 toe and the rack way off center.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

My steering rack binds before I reach full lock turning right. I'm currently using the short arm, but have used both with no change either way. The only way I can get full lock to the right is with +2 toe and the rack way off center.
And you have the servo horn correctly off-set from center per the instructions? You can add more off-set as well.

The Yokes have always had a small issue (in my experience) getting full lock when running the outer Ackerman holes on the block and the 8mm center link.

I would honestly try driving it first set-up per the instructions (with equal circles left and right). All the other iterations have been very aggressive and you may find it already has plenty of steering!

Mike
Old 09-18-2012, 06:24 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kosmic
I cannot wait, every day I wake up hoping its coming today!! Been running Xray 008, 009, all 3 T3's with no complaints but been offered a bit of a deal with the yok and really looking forwards to it. The last yok I owned was a mr4tc-sd ssg special silver graphite carbon parts and shaft drive, was awesome back then.
Does the new car come with servo saver?? And this talk of droop setting, do you not just adjust droop from lowest point on the arm near the outer pin??? That's how iv done every car iv had??
Also waiting for a $340 spares package to arrive
Normal droop screws.

It comes with a servo horn not saver.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by masterhit
And you have the servo horn correctly off-set from center per the instructions? You can add more off-set as well.

The Yokes have always had a small issue (in my experience) getting full lock when running the outer Ackerman holes on the block and the 8mm center link.

I would honestly try driving it first set-up per the instructions (with equal circles left and right). All the other iterations have been very aggressive and you may find it already has plenty of steering!

Mike
You're probably correct, this is me being anal. Lol. It's actually off by 3 degrees turning to the right.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.