Search
Like Tree52Likes

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 01:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Taylorm
.....just say NO to Jeff in pan class..........ringers are NOT invited..........thanks Lon for letting me run the car in qualifiers....i was looking forward to see if i could catch the old man in the main....stupid rain.........everyone running the pans is having a ball.........
Hey I like racing to.

Signed Jeff
Old 08-08-2011, 03:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rick Davis
Lon
Instead of trying to track motor costs why don't you just mandate a small carb restrictor and maybe a pipe outlet maximum size - something easy to tech (oops bad word) and how about doing what some of the real car series do - add success weight.
i like the carb restrictor and success weight idea.........hey Rick, add a cinder block to your 966 so i can catch you sometime..........
Old 08-08-2011, 03:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 5italkart
thats 3 days too long!!!. those guys were fast with the montonica's . i think some gt guys were not too impressed. guess they need a 1/8th luxury pan car
.would it be made of "Swiss 7075 Cheese?"
Old 08-08-2011, 04:40 PM
Tech Addict

I bought my first Nitro Car - one of Rick's Pan Cars from Rick in the early 90's, but I never ran it, ended up with a 235mm Impact. The Pan Class always appealed to me. I contacted Garen today about a Classic. Should be Fun. I would prefer the CanAm / LeMans Bodies.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Jeff and I both think running pan cars next year is the only possiable way we could run two classes at a club race. My car yesterday was just sitting there minding its own buisnesswhen I handed it over to jeff. He ran it then sat it back down. Matt ran it twice and I see someone changed front tires on the car at some point but other than that it was never touched that I know of.

I'd like to see the class grow into a fun class for everyone plus be a place a new guy could get his feet wet in on-road gas racing. IGT cars are to much work and junk right out of the box. Even a good IGT which mine was is still hard to drive without spinning out every corner and forget about a car right out of the box. I wouldn't get to worried about making rules at this point, of the guys out there I don't think anyone is thinking they need more power.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

When it comes to making rules for our club I say we just name the person the rule was made for. Example would be

Lon Rule: No rubber bands, or belts can be used in any way to drive the front tires.

And having your name in the rules should bring much shame to your families honor.
Old 08-08-2011, 08:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ElliotCanada
I bought my first Nitro Car - one of Rick's Pan Cars from Rick in the early 90's, but I never ran it, ended up with a 235mm Impact. The Pan Class always appealed to me. I contacted Garen today about a Classic. Should be Fun. I would prefer the CanAm / LeMans Bodies.
You getting a pan car john?
I don't remember if it's Jon or John I just know in 94 I thought we had the best Midwest races in 1/10

See you around I hope
Old 08-08-2011, 08:12 PM
Tech Regular

Cool RULES

It's seems as if we already should plan for next year. While running with the GTs is very interesting, it sounds as if a pan class (3 or more, I have 3 myself) will be. At that point, it would appear that the CanAm type body would be the prefurred body(running CanAm for half the season and GT for the second half, was also brought up) Ricks suggestions are good ones, as are the Europeans. There are some fast guys who went to play too, they will win, but the lower tech cars will keep it close. No big prizes or championships are on the line, just good cheap racing fun.
Everyone that has expressed an interest in pan cars to me, has the same ideas about what should be. That's great! Let's put are heads together and think this out. I'll start things out. We will have a club club in the drivers stand, If anyone is taking their pan car racing to serious, we beat the hell out of them with the club club. We're open to suggestions at this time!
OK OK!! LOL! Let's not go rule nuts, but keep the ideas coming!! SEE, WE'RE ALREADY HAVING FUN!!!
Old 08-08-2011, 08:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

I vote for the Ned rule. That would ban the use of any type of tube in the front of the car that can be used as a sway bar.
Old 08-08-2011, 08:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Dasmopar
Jeff and I both think running pan cars next year is the only possiable way we could run two classes at a club race. My car yesterday was just sitting there minding its own buisnesswhen I handed it over to jeff. He ran it then sat it back down. Matt ran it twice and I see someone changed front tires on the car at some point but other than that it was never touched that I know of.

I'd like to see the class grow into a fun class for everyone plus be a place a new guy could get his feet wet in on-road gas racing. IGT cars are to much work and junk right out of the box. Even a good IGT which mine was is still hard to drive without spinning out every corner and forget about a car right out of the box. I wouldn't get to worried about making rules at this point, of the guys out there I don't think anyone is thinking they need more power.
agree about the running 2 car thing....i dont know how hammer is able to run a 1/8 and sedan.....its all i can do to be able to keep my 1/8 running.........i ran your dad down before the main was supposed to start to find new fronts. THATS ALL THAT WAS DONE TO IT ALL DAY!!!!!...... these are the ultimate newbie car......GT seems to me as labor intensive as a 1/8.........
Old 08-08-2011, 08:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Taylorm
agree about the running 2 car thing....i dont know how hammer is able to run a 1/8 and sedan.....its all i can do to be able to keep my 1/8 running.........i ran your dad down before the main was supposed to start to find new fronts. THATS ALL THAT WAS DONE TO IT ALL DAY!!!!!...... these are the ultimate newbie car......GT seems to me as labor intensive as a 1/8.........
Maybe more so. My car would just fall apart driving around the track without hitting anything. Buggies are not made to have traction and once you get the chassis hooked up parts just start wearing out very fast!
Old 08-09-2011, 12:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dasmopar
Maybe more so. My car would just fall apart driving around the track without hitting anything. Buggies are not made to have traction and once you get the chassis hooked up parts just start wearing out very fast!
maybe at the last club race we come up with simple rules too start next year . the sucess weight sounds good also running each body 1/2 the season. the gt style will prob have more crowd appeal
Old 08-10-2011, 09:13 AM
Tech Regular

Default World Domination

It seems to me that anything done to limit the motors would work on everyone, and the driver pecking order would remain unchanged. However the success weight idea would.
Rick, just how does this work?
Some fast guys went to play too, and that's good. However some guys went to dominate, not just win. Keeping that battle in 4wd and fun for all in pan cars should be our goal.
Old 08-10-2011, 04:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar
It seems to me that anything done to limit the motors would work on everyone, and the driver pecking order would remain unchanged. However the success weight idea would.
Rick, just how does this work?
Some fast guys went to play too, and that's good. However some guys went to dominate, not just win. Keeping that battle in 4wd and fun for all in pan cars should be our goal.
I think the motor limits are not needed at this time. Weight rewards could be fun. Add 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 grams per win?
Old 08-10-2011, 04:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I don't know what they do for full size cars, but I would think anything less than 100 grams would have little effect on a car's performance.

Any chance the Toledo club would consider have a pan class at next year's GLC?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.