Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Team Durango DETC410

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Okay, after a few weeks of testing with the 410, I have to say I'm impressed.

I, (knock on wood), have experienced zero breakage. I did start with a Parma Ultimate bumper from the first run, though.

This car carries excellent corner speed. As a long time foam junkie, the transition to rubber has been less than fluid. I hate spools, they just don't suit my driving style. I'm currently running a geardiff with 1 million Gravity silicone. (Thanks Paulie!) After switching to the diff I dropped my lap times 3 tenths, and gained massive consistency. I'm really looking forward to trying the new Gravity tires,as well.

I have tried rubber tire TC with other cars, and didn't enjoy it at all. This car has me excited, testing,and making improvements each week.

For anyone interested in the car, I recommend picking up the flex control brace, and a Parma Ultimate bumper. Besides the front diff, these are the only options I'm really using so far.

Great Job Team Durango!
Old 05-08-2014, 10:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest

I, (knock on wood), have experienced zero breakage. I did start with a Parma Ultimate bumper from the first run, though.

This car carries excellent corner speed. As a long time foam junkie, the transition to rubber has been less than fluid. I hate spools, they just don't suit my driving style. I'm currently running a geardiff with 1 million Gravity silicone. (Thanks Paulie!) After switching to the diff I dropped my lap times 3 tenths, and gained massive consistency. I'm really looking forward to trying the new Gravity tires,as well.

I have tried rubber tire TC with other cars, and didn't enjoy it at all. This car has me excited, testing,and making improvements each week.

For anyone interested in the car, I recommend picking up the flex control brace, and a Parma Ultimate bumper. Besides the front diff, these are the only options I'm really using so far.

Great Job Team Durango!
What bumper are you running. The one you have to cut?
Old 05-08-2014, 11:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Losi22
What bumper are you running. The one you have to cut?
Most likely Ian used this one like we did. I just had to cut a few channels

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...-tc-bumper.jpg
Old 05-08-2014, 12:25 PM
Tech Master

Im ready to try an aluminum chassis, whos gonna make one
Old 05-08-2014, 01:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest

Great Job Team Durango!
Glad to hear your actually enjoying the rubber tire touring car, found a car you enjoy running and your doing a little more, than just "getting your feet wet" Go Durango!!!!

I've been testing and also, using a GRAVITY filled front diff as well. I know it's not in a Durango but liking the diff over the spool myself.... Keep at this Mr. Ian Ruggles, commit yourself and let's have another TC racer come out strong next carpet season terrorizing the mid-west with us
Old 05-08-2014, 04:17 PM
Tech Master

Duplicate post

Last edited by Qatmix; 05-08-2014 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Dupe
Old 05-08-2014, 04:18 PM
Tech Master

First outing to tonight for the Durango. Arm broke in the first race luckily had spares so was up and running for the next race. The car is rapid, it handles really well (stock set up). Very impressed, just a little concerned about the arms, although they obviously are a weak point so I imagine Durango will soon revise them.
Old 05-08-2014, 04:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Qatmix
First outing to tonight for the Durango. Arm broke in the first race luckily had spares so was up and running for the next race. The car is rapid, it handles really well (stock set up). Very impressed, just a little concerned about the arms, although they obviously are a weak point so I imagine Durango will soon revise them.
I know a few guys that are running the Durango at the local tracks and they had issues with the arms as well. They did replace the factory bumper, "Parma Ultimate Bumper #8032" and the breakage came to a screeching halt.

There are a few guys that have posted the same "fix" in this thread, figured I would mention that again. Guess the factory bumper is a little flimsy on the outer edge, not giving full protection in the event of a tap while the wheels are turned.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:28 PM
Tech Adept

Just completed kit #2. Everything was flawless as was the build of kit #1. My only concern is the hubs not being available until late June. I have not broken an arm and had some pretty good hits but i have pulled the screw from the bottom of the steering hub. I would like to know what people are doing to stop this from happening. other than that i switched from ae and made a 4-5 position improvement in the first meeting.
Old 05-09-2014, 07:45 AM
Tech Rookie

I've got the same question like Cadman1981 a few pages before.
What is the extra 320191 H1 part for? There is for me no visible difference between the extra part and the other four ones...
I think that's important to know. If there is a geometrical difference, you can't use the Split Hangers F/R or you can't replace it through a normal 320191 spare part if it's damaged.

Last edited by Goldstone_RC; 05-09-2014 at 08:25 AM.
Old 05-09-2014, 10:31 AM
Tech Rookie

What servo saver do you guys use? I find the original to be not so satisfying.
I have a Savöx servo.
Old 05-09-2014, 01:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by liposkippy
Just completed kit #2. Everything was flawless as was the build of kit #1. My only concern is the hubs not being available until late June. I have not broken an arm and had some pretty good hits but i have pulled the screw from the bottom of the steering hub. I would like to know what people are doing to stop this from happening. other than that i switched from ae and made a 4-5 position improvement in the first meeting.
I did the same thing with one of mine. The kit screw isnt very deep into the plastic so I just put in a longer screw and it worked with no problems.

Originally Posted by Goldstone_RC
I've got the same question like Cadman1981 a few pages before.
What is the extra 320191 H1 part for? There is for me no visible difference between the extra part and the other four ones...
I think that's important to know. If there is a geometrical difference, you can't use the Split Hangers F/R or you can't replace it through a normal 320191 spare part if it's damaged.
The geometry is the same but the internal tolerance is slightly smaller is all I've noticed with it.
Old 05-09-2014, 03:15 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by liposkippy
I posted the fix for this several pages back. The stock screw only goes into the hub 2 threads at most, put in either a 8mm? or 10mm? (can't remember but I used one long enough that it just passes all the way through), haven't had a issue since. If you check you can probably re-use the steering hubs you thought where bad by going to the longer screw.
Old 05-09-2014, 03:18 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by seeclear
I have a Savöx servo.
Whats wrong with it?

I guess you could go to the Xray but the arm length isn't close to what the Durango one is. Never checked but maybe you can use the springs from the Xray on the Durango, if thats the issue.
Old 05-09-2014, 10:42 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by seeclear
I have a Savöx servo.
I do not run a saver at all I just run an aluminium horn. No issues as of yet from the current Sanwa servo or the Past Savox 1251.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.