Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree22Likes

Tekno RC EB48.3 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-13-2017, 12:03 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC EB48.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: MattDub
Welcome to the EB48.3 Wiki

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

Springs:
Low Grip Track:
TKR8772 – Yellow Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8762 – Grey Low Frequency Front Springs

Low to Medium Grip Track:
TKR8773 – Orange Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8763 – Black Low Frequency Front Springs

Medium to High Grip Track:
TKR8774 - Red Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8764 - Pink Low Frequency Front Springs

TKR5199B – HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, EB/NB/ET/NT48/48.3) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Able to be on power earlier on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6017T (front)
-TKR6061T (rear)

This car is very durable. Here are the spare parts that I recommend you keep on hand:
TKR5020 – Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR6061T – Rear Shock Shafts w/ TiNi Coating and TKR6017T – Front Shock Shafts w/ TiNi Coating
TKR5286 – Front Suspension Arms and TKR5184 – Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5194 – Spindle Carriers
TKR6009 – Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Page 3 Step K-3
Put the screw in upside down so that the head of the screw is in the hex spot that's molded into the spindle. This will aid in clearance in full droop / full steering.

Page 12 Step I-2
Use no less than 4 shims on the steering spindle to limit steering throw. I actually just use one 2mm ball stud washer from my 10th scale stuff since each shim is .5mm.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here.

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2015, 03:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EricM
What do you guys recommend for a steering servo?
This depends on which ESC and radio you are running?

These are all servos I have ran with great results and relatively low price points. Savox seems to have brown out issues with Spectrum and low voltage esc's(6v internal BEC).

Hitec 7955TG
Protek 150T
Protek 170T chad bradley edition
Highest 2100
Savox 2273sg
Old 11-09-2015, 03:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

been running the old faithful hitec 7955 for quite a while. Decided to try out the Savox 1270HV on my SCT410.3 and have been impressed. If old faithful finally bites the dust i'll give the Savox a try in buggy.
Old 11-09-2015, 03:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tampagoalie
What temp is your motor after the run? I'm running a SMC 1900 kv and HW XR8 (4 degrees of timing) with a 17 tooth pinion and it gets a little warm. Motor comes off track around 170 after a 12 minute run. I feel like a 20 tooth would cook the motor. You're not too hot?

Thanks.
Im 160-170 all day long. When i need it i throw a 21 at it. T8 handles the heat the best, I think. Off all the motors I've tried, the tekins are the coolest. Now the SMC motor is a good motor as long as you can get your temps under control. When they first came out a couple of us bought them. It was a rocket, it also picked up the name "heat monster" because she was hot. I don't run any timing, you don't really need it. You also may be under geared. You should look at that. Running that motor wide open more then you think. Running that thing at red line makes a lot of heat because I don't think I've ever ran a pinion that small on my tekno's. Hope this helps
What do you guys recommend for a steering servo?
I can't speak for all the servos on the market, but what I've tried. Protek servos all the way. I have a 170s on 7.4 in my buggy and the 150's as my backup. You buy your servo on specs, find the one that falls in the range you want. I stuck with protek because its butter smooth. Smoothest servo I've ever used, NOT the cheapest. Buy a good servo and it only hurts once.
Old 11-09-2015, 03:48 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ZERTA RACING
This depends on which ESC and radio you are running?

These are all servos I have ran with great results and relatively low price points. Savox seems to have brown out issues with Spectrum and low voltage esc's(6v internal BEC).

Hitec 7955TG
Protek 150T
Protek 170T chad bradley edition
Highest 2100
Savox 2273sg
The protek's 150 or 170. I wouldn't consider them relatively low price points.lol
The highest servos. I'm kinda thinking they are rebadged proteks.....EXCEPT, you can get laser engraving on them. Servo with your name on it....thats hard to beat
Old 11-09-2015, 04:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Dont Hack Me
Im 160-170 all day long. When i need it i throw a 21 at it. T8 handles the heat the best, I think. Off all the motors I've tried, the tekins are the coolest. Now the SMC motor is a good motor as long as you can get your temps under control. When they first came out a couple of us bought them. It was a rocket, it also picked up the name "heat monster" because she was hot. I don't run any timing, you don't really need it. You also may be under geared. You should look at that. Running that motor wide open more then you think. Running that thing at red line makes a lot of heat because I don't think I've ever ran a pinion that small on my tekno's. Hope this helps
I can't speak for all the servos on the market, but what I've tried. Protek servos all the way. I have a 170s on 7.4 in my buggy and the 150's as my backup. You buy your servo on specs, find the one that falls in the range you want. I stuck with protek because its butter smooth. Smoothest servo I've ever used, NOT the cheapest. Buy a good servo and it only hurts once.
Very helpful, thanks. I've heard the SMC runs a little hot. But so far, I love this motor. I'll try taking it up a couple teeth this weekend and see what happens. But I'm pretty sure I'm going to try the new HW motors when they come out.
Old 11-09-2015, 04:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Regarding gearing of 1900kv motors. Start 18t, I've found it good almost everywhere. Various Tekno team drivers run 17-19. Generally, we don't run any timing, as it causes quite a bit of heat for very little gain on 4 pole motors. This has worked well for me on both medium and large sized tracks. If you're often wide open at full speed, gear up. If you're never getting to full speed, gear down.

Regarding the SMC 1900, the new ones will run slightly cooler (running change made to them).

For servos, I've been mostly happy with both of these in my full eBuggy:
ProTek 150t
Savox 2274

I'm in the process of switching to the ProTek 170s as I'm going to be putting one in both the EB48.3 and the new ET48.3 I'm building. Then all of my servos will all match at .07 for eBuggy, eTruggy, and 4wd SC (an Orion servo) when run on HV.

Highest is a servo OEM for other companies, not a copy of others. I've often considered picking a few of them up, customized, but that takes ordering direct from overseas (at least, it did when I looked into doing so at the beginning of the year).
Old 11-09-2015, 04:30 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for all the servo comments. I'm going with the tekin rx8 gen2 esc(I think that's what they are called). Im also deciding between the m12 or 4px
Old 11-09-2015, 04:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Thanks for all the servo comments. I'm going with the tekin rx8 gen2 esc(I think that's what they are called). Im also deciding between the m12 or 4px
Make sure you buy yourself an external capacitor that attaches to your rx. You can either make your own or buy the Spektrum Glitch Buster. As far as radios, good choice on either. 4px rx's are a lot less pricey. My recommendation is to go to your lhs and hold both in your hand. Or ask some local drivers if you can hold theirs.
Old 11-09-2015, 04:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by turtle189
Is it just me or have tekno parts gone up in price quite a bit?
Probably the only company that keeps things the same price or as close as possible.
Old 11-09-2015, 06:07 PM
Tech Initiate

So I went with the Tekin RX8Gen2 1900KV and ESC thanks to the input on here and a deal I found on Ebay. I have the EB48.3 kit built, the servo, wheels, motor and ESC on the way. What else will I need besides lipo's to get er track ready? servo horn, correct gearing, etc?

Thanks
Old 11-09-2015, 08:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JOELD
So I went with the Tekin RX8Gen2 1900KV and ESC thanks to the input on here and a deal I found on Ebay. I have the EB48.3 kit built, the servo, wheels, motor and ESC on the way. What else will I need besides lipo's to get er track ready? servo horn, correct gearing, etc?

Thanks
Servo horn is all that is required. If you have a high traction or smooth track, consider some stiffer oils and springs to use while tuning. 18t is a good starting point for pinion on most tracks with a 1900kv motor.
Old 11-10-2015, 02:53 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by portyansky
Make sure you buy yourself an external capacitor that attaches to your rx. You can either make your own or buy the Spektrum Glitch Buster. As far as radios, good choice on either. 4px rx's are a lot less pricey. My recommendation is to go to your lhs and hold both in your hand. Or ask some local drivers if you can hold theirs.
They are both on par remotes. I like the m12, but the p4x is way cooler. Color LCD screen...It's a nice remote, but at $550. If you don't love it, thats a lot of tires you could buy. Amain has the 4px for $550, m12s for $550, m12 for $440

You really should base your decision on what feels better in your hand like portyansky said. They are both great remotes that are at the top of the game.
Old 11-10-2015, 05:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by portyansky
Is the spektrum glitch buster good? I see there are other mfg's like Novak,Western Robotics, etc. I was just curious if there all the same or it there is one better than another?
Thanks Eric
Old 11-10-2015, 06:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Does the new HW XR8 plus fit in this car
Old 11-10-2015, 06:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 551 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shark2288
Does the new HW XR8 plus fit in this car
Yes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.