Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree8Likes

YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2016, 11:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by EDWARD2003
For those who are still running the BD7 2014. I have a decent setup for 17.5 that's worth trying out. The traction is medium-high and highly recommend x-gear springs for this setup.

Here's the setup.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_Y...ew?usp=sharing

Here's the run. The guy ahead of me is considered the "Samurai" of the track. Rightfully so, this guy is stupid fast in every rubber tire class he enters in.

https://www.myrcm.ch/myrcm/report/en/24470/162777
Dear Mr. Pickering

Can you tell me which lower deck is used with this setup?

Best regards
Old 01-17-2016, 11:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hello!

I am using the standard deck.
Old 01-18-2016, 12:09 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by EDWARD2003
Hello!

I am using the standard deck.
Dear Mr. Pickering

Right, just in this K-Stadium.
But in Yatabe would be aluminium as everyone do, if I am not wrong?

Thanks!
Old 01-19-2016, 12:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Built my 16 as per instruction, added alloy steering rack, floating servo. Also added front weights to it. Used regular weight ltcr body shell w Fantom v five 13.5 running lots of boost n some turbo. Diff n shocks as instruction manual suggested.

Ride height 5mm front 5.5mm rear, droop 6mm front n 4mm rear ( measured using droop blocks n under arm/pin), used ride 32 w standard insets, track temp 51c

Rear was not as stable as I wanted so u stand up the rear shocks by 1, made it more stable. It was a high grip track.

What can I do or change to make the car more stable when exiting corners? Add steering?

Cheers for any input
Old 01-19-2016, 02:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Will smith
Built my 16 as per instruction, added alloy steering rack, floating servo. Also added front weights to it. Used regular weight ltcr body shell w Fantom v five 13.5 running lots of boost n some turbo. Diff n shocks as instruction manual suggested.

Ride height 5mm front 5.5mm rear, droop 6mm front n 4mm rear ( measured using droop blocks n under arm/pin), used ride 32 w standard insets, track temp 51c

Rear was not as stable as I wanted so u stand up the rear shocks by 1, made it more stable. It was a high grip track.

What can I do or change to make the car more stable when exiting corners? Add steering?

Cheers for any input

I'm in New Zealand so that temp is Celsius
Old 01-19-2016, 04:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

I'm in New Zealand so that temp is Celsius
Is 32 sh tires whats everybody running on your track?
Would think they is to soft.

Last edited by Houmb; 01-19-2016 at 05:09 AM.
Old 01-19-2016, 07:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Cheers for any input
32 tire, high grip 120+ track temp is not the best tire choice

4mm rear droop ?, have you tried more rear droop, seems not near enough for rear to move, especially on an outdoor track

When you say rear not stable, is rear loose, entry, mid, exit ?

For sure I would use at least 5k rear diff, event try 10k+ for high speed-high grip asphalt

More ackerman shims for more steering
Old 01-19-2016, 11:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Sorry to ask, but some people are saying they are having problems with there 16, and I have held off over buying it because my other half might kill me if I swapped back to the 15!
But I am not going to be winning the a final, I just enjoy doing the class
Old 01-19-2016, 12:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tiny tom
Sorry to ask, but some people are saying they are having problems with there 16, and I have held off over buying it because my other half might kill me if I swapped back to the 15!
What kind of problems are they having? My car is fantastic. Just as fast as my '15, if not faster and easier, much, much easier to drive. My first day out, with 2 practice runs on the car, I set the track record and nearly lapped second place who is as of late starting to become pretty regular A Main finisher at national level A Mains.

I try to be unbiased, so I will say that it is MY track, so I should be very fast on it, however, I had driven a total of maybe 6-8 battery packs with a Sedan the previous 3 months, so I was not exactly at my most crisp and "error free". With the '15 the previous race day, I was having a hard time running mistake free.

The first time out with the '16, I ran virtually mistake free all day. Even when the car was not the fastest on the track, I was able to run without hitting anything, which yielded faster overall times that I ever did with the other car (sure, over a small sample size, but every run was consistently 2-3 seconds faster than my previous "fast avg"). The car is now about tenth faster per lap than on that day and this car has joined the pantheon of my favorite sedans that I have owned.
Old 01-19-2016, 01:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

To us and our teammate, the 16 is a massive improvement over the 15. Easier to drive, faster.

Problems with the 16 seems a like a statement from out of this world.

Just read the posts here in this thread. If there were just the slightest problem, people would be all over it in here.
Old 01-19-2016, 02:10 PM
Tech Initiate

If you buy one now you have to wait till the begin of feb. Can even be half feb. Im waiting aswell . Read all you want did alot of Reading and looked at my options and the yok came Out the best for me. Logical thingking wil give you the right answer if you would buy or not .

Ps : trf 419 sold Out , xray is more prototyping w every car ... Just saing read the Posts her and on order boards
Old 01-19-2016, 02:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

If I'm not mistaken, this phenomena happens with every new release of Yokomo BD's

And, if that's any indication, the 16 should be mint
Old 01-19-2016, 03:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

yep I have a problem with mine,
Its too light !!!!!

just put mine together last light and it comes it at a whopping 1305g without lead, I put the 2 X10g front and center 20g in, but will have to start getting creative to find the space for an additional 50g of lead somewhere....
so yeah you don't need fancy lightweight parts with this new car. I put Ti turnbuckles and top screws in as I had them already but that's all.

I was able to give my 15 a good retirement party with a podium on the weekend (and a win in F1). I was able to finally get those horrible ride 36 tyres to work ok with the setup I posted the other day, with only a few minor changes, could have done with some more initial turn in, but was mega stable and a didn't put a foot wrong all day.

Video of some of the finals up soon.

Beth.
Attached Thumbnails YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7-bd716.jpg   YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7-imcc16.jpg  
Old 01-19-2016, 06:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by evochick
yep I have a problem with mine,
Its too light !!!!!

just put mine together last light and it comes it at a whopping 1305g without lead, I put the 2 X10g front and center 20g in, but will have to start getting creative to find the space for an additional 50g of lead somewhere....
so yeah you don't need fancy lightweight parts with this new car. I put Ti turnbuckles and top screws in as I had them already but that's all.

I was able to give my 15 a good retirement party with a podium on the weekend (and a win in F1). I was able to finally get those horrible ride 36 tyres to work ok with the setup I posted the other day, with only a few minor changes, could have done with some more initial turn in, but was mega stable and a didn't put a foot wrong all day.

Video of some of the finals up soon.

Beth.
Atlast some real world pictures.
Thx Evo!!
Old 01-19-2016, 06:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AL1983
Atlast some real world pictures.
Thx Evo!!
That's not his 2016

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.