Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree65Likes

TC3 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2004, 04:15 PM
Tech Master

Exclamation

How much have you spent in your car with all the convertion done from stock to warspeed demon2 IRS c/f. hope you don't mind...

By the way its a nice avatar.
Old 08-04-2004, 05:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by Wency_TA03R-PRO
How much have you spent in your car with all the convertion done from stock to warspeed demon2 IRS c/f. hope you don't mind... By the way its a nice avatar.
Wency: let us not mention how much I spent, my wife reads these forums and the avatar was a MISTAKE!

When I saw an IRS Chassis here being used by MOTO: it was just a standard chassis and still flexed big time even with the side braces and the re-inforcement in the middle and tweaked at bumps and after being run for a long time or a short time in MOD. That was the users opinion not mine. The only advantage i saw on it IMHO, is the motor mount which prevents the chassis from warping.

So I just modified my graphite chassis, at first I wanted just an upperdeck but the cost of sending just the upper deck is expensive enough so I got the whole D1 kit! Great people to deal with, Victor Franco and his wife! great service also.

The only advantage I see on the IRS chassis is the side braces, I use it on my Demon to protect my electronics. And the stock chassis works great! Look at Scotty Ernst, he beat all the Guys in cebu with a stock FTTC3 chassis, to bad we did not have a chance to run with him here. Looksat Barry Baker, Mike Blackstock and the others all stock FT Chassis.

Wency, hope to see you soon on the track when the rainy season stops, Have not see you run yet.

Peace to all and Hapy Racing!
Old 08-04-2004, 07:31 PM
Tech Initiate

The Irs Kit can bigger spur and pinon too.

To all :
Chassis more stiff , not = the best.
Old 08-04-2004, 10:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Cracked Chassis: I totally hear your dilemma, but what DaveW is saying is totally correct. At my sunday parking lot venue, there is absolutely no need for me to go all graphite. My car has a graphite chassis sine I bought it used that way, but I probably wouldn't notice the difference with a plastic chassis. The reason is that there are enough hacks on the track that the extra tenths I gain are all lost if someone decides to "race" me when I'm lapping them for a third time.

So, here's the bad news. You probably wont make the A-main at the snowbirds with a plastic chassis. But that doesn't mean that you should necessarily change to a graphite chassis. Sometimes there is a legitimate reason to buy more expensive equipment. Consider the classic case in stock off-road. Some tracks have certain jumps where you need really good batteries and motors, combined with a good rhythm to make it through certain sequences of jumps. If you have the rhythm, but your electronics can't make a triple vs a double, then maybe it's a case to buy the better stuff. I don't think this will be the case for you. If you're not crashing and run most of your laps within a half second, you're probably pretty darn fast at your track. This probably means that you're fairly dialed and very consistent. Why spend a ton of money to shave a few tenths when crashing once will negate all that advantage?
Old 08-05-2004, 12:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Shalala
To all :
Chassis more stiff , not = the best.
I agree 100%!!!

That's why you have an option of removing the upper deck in less than a minute, if you need a little flex.

Cracked chassis: my reply to wency was to answer your question, but forgot my suggestion.

Try first an upper deck before buying or spending on other stuff.
Old 08-05-2004, 04:05 AM
Tech Master

Exclamation

Originally posted by lem2
Wency: let us not mention how much I spent, my wife reads these forums and the avatar was a MISTAKE!

When I saw an IRS Chassis here being used by MOTO: it was just a standard chassis and still flexed big time even with the side braces and the re-inforcement in the middle and tweaked at bumps and after being run for a long time or a short time in MOD. That was the users opinion not mine. The only advantage i saw on it IMHO, is the motor mount which prevents the chassis from warping.

So I just modified my graphite chassis, at first I wanted just an upperdeck but the cost of sending just the upper deck is expensive enough so I got the whole D1 kit! Great people to deal with, Victor Franco and his wife! great service also.

The only advantage I see on the IRS chassis is the side braces, I use it on my Demon to protect my electronics. And the stock chassis works great! Look at Scotty Ernst, he beat all the Guys in cebu with a stock FTTC3 chassis, to bad we did not have a chance to run with him here. Looksat Barry Baker, Mike Blackstock and the others all stock FT Chassis.

Wency, hope to see you soon on the track when the rainy season stops, Have not see you run yet.

Peace to all and Hapy Racing!

ok.. yah sure after the rainy season hopefully I'll meet you all there in the race track... Regarding the price ok you can send a PM to me so that I could have a hint on how much I would prepare......
Old 08-05-2004, 09:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Hey all, has anyone tried tamiya TRF shocks with associated springs. Or anybody know of any quality threaded shocks that will fit the TC3 that come in a gun metal or black color?
Old 08-05-2004, 02:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by Vmax
Hey all, has anyone tried tamiya TRF shocks with associated springs. Or anybody know of any quality threaded shocks that will fit the TC3 that come in a gun metal or black color?
Integy sells MSR2 threaded shocks and they come in purple + gun and blue + gun. I run them on my tc3 but had to space them out a bit so the springs wouldn't bind on the axels. Unfortunately the only ones in stock right now are the blue ones.

http://integy.automated-shops.com/cg...58104416501.f2
Old 08-05-2004, 05:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Default New to RC Cars and Just got me a TC3

grrr

Last edited by Richman; 08-05-2004 at 06:04 PM.
Old 08-05-2004, 05:20 PM
Tech Initiate

Cool New to RC Cars and just got a TC3

hello my name is Rich and i am New to Nitro cars
and i Just got a TC3 Kit #2031 to do some racing and just have some fun

i have planes and i do fly but i have a bad back and planes are killing me LOL it's the looking up that is getting to me and i have to take lots of pain killers so flying is not the safet thing to be doing

and my wife wants to get in to this with me and i think thats sweet as hell to have the wife doing this with me so any way i dont know much about Nitro cars but the moters i do know a lillte about them

i know there is lots to lern so any info you all my have toss it my way LOL

This is my ferst Racing Car what Do you all Think about it as a Racing Car

Team Associated Nitro TC3 #2031 rear exhaust. 4wd Touring car 1:10 scale kit

MT .12 Rage modified "outlaw" engine see the engine here

www.rcrageracing.com

with all available hop-ups.

Complete carbon upgrade.

"The Fix" front and rear.

Woven Graphite radio tray.

RPM front bumper.

Solid rear axle. Diff up front.

Have Yokomo one way

Updated fuel tank.

Futaba s9101 Throttle is a High Speed Coreless Ball Bearing Servo Torque: 43 oz. Transit Time: .18 sec it was $55.00 on Tower Hobbise

Futaba s9402 steering Hi-Speed Coreless Ball Bearing High-Torque Servo Torque: 89 oz Transit time: .13 secit's the 80.00 on
Tower Hobbise Site

Medial Protires on RPM wheels

Flat Blade style front sway bar

Rear sway bar
Old 08-05-2004, 05:57 PM
Tech Elite

Default Tamiya TRF

Originally posted by Vmax
The Flourine coated shocks are the bomb and a direct fit! AE Springs work well with them. Just use the lower Ball end of the AE shock on your TRF Shocks to get the proper height.

There is a gun metal color, but I used the one with blue thingys.

Look: front and rear

RICHMAN: you should go to the NITRO TC3 Thread, this is the Electric TC3 Thread
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?threadid=232
Attached Thumbnails TC3 Forum-trf-shocks.jpg  

Last edited by lem2; 08-06-2004 at 10:51 AM.
Old 08-05-2004, 09:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Thanks for the info guys, that's exactly what I wanted to know!
Old 08-05-2004, 09:40 PM
Tech Adept

hey i know this isnt the selling forum but does anyone want to buy a tc3 or another tc3 RTR with lrp digital esc and a 15 turn motor and a futaba romote for 200?
Old 08-06-2004, 04:16 AM
Tech Master

Exclamation Re: Tamiya TRF

Originally posted by lem2
The Flourine coated shocks are the bomb and a direct fit! AE Springs work well with them. Just use the lower Ball end of the AE shock on your TRF Shocks to get the proper height.

There is a gun metal color, but I used the one with blue thingys.

Look: front and rear

sir lem was this the titanium shock stem?. If I not mistaken this picture was taken from 1 of your TC3 cars..
Old 08-06-2004, 05:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

LEM2: Do you have 200mm arms on your car? Im assuming by "thingy" you mean the lower spring retainer cup. Are the blue aluminum rear hubs the Losi XXX-S hubs from Dynamite?

- DaveW

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.