TLR 22 3.0 Race Kit Thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree26Likes

TLR 22 3.0 Race Kit Thread!

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-23-2016, 10:37 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: TLR 22 3.0 Race Kit Thread!
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Matt Trimmings
Cub86 posted the question: Hi. I'm struggling to understand the lay down situation. I run on high bite damp smooth clay and think the conversation would help on my surface but from what I'm reading I need to buy the lay down kit tlr338004. And the dirt gear case tlr332063. But do I really need both from what I've read the dirt case is 1-2mm higher anyway and u don't use the +3mm hubs or the front pivot hrc or Hrc mod. So is the dirt lay down kit tlr332063 is all that's needed to get me a lay down set up that's suited for clay With the components and car I already have. And if I only get the dirt case is there any problems that will need to be addressed IE.. bone plunge . I do know I'll need 1mm spacers on the waterfall to clear the battery. Thanks guys really trying to get my head around this.

Franks response:
Laydown Conversion will work great by itself. You run the aluminum +3mm hubs, the diff is +3.5mm, and you run the HRC front setup. Just follow a setup sheet from tlracing.com (Frank Root).

Dirt Tranny has the diff at the same height as the standard tranny case, and works with the standard plastic hubs. Both are +/- 0mm from stock. When you run this, no need to run the HRC front mod either.

I've found the stock laydown conversion parts to work great for most tracks. The dirt tranny is a great tuning option, but definitely not 'required'.

K.King
Something I made, pretty basic. Just to give people an idea.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2016, 02:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by K_King
Here's my current setup.

Dirt laydown setup?
Old 10-04-2016, 08:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by awtwac
Just finished building the 3.0 and the front castor blocks are binding. Browsed this thread and already made sure king pin screws were screwed in straight and are not too tight. Any suggestions for freeing it up? Thanks.
Run it. If everything is right and there's just a slight bind, it'll work itself out.
Old 10-04-2016, 08:26 PM
Tech Addict

Anyone tried the Yokomo Yatabe Arena springs with the laydown conversion on carpet?
Old 10-05-2016, 04:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Does anyone have a picture of how some of the team guys have modified the front pivot block and kick shim so the kick shim fits under the pivot block as per the setup sheets on tlracing.com

Also what is the idea behind doing this modification?

I have been told there is a video on TLR facebook but I'm unable to locate it, any ideas?
Old 10-05-2016, 05:01 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jonbrown
Does anyone have a picture of how some of the team guys have modified the front pivot block and kick shim so the kick shim fits under the pivot block as per the setup sheets on tlracing.com

I have been told there is a video on TLR facebook but I'm unable to locate it, any ideas?
It's to raise the roll center in the front to match the geometry with the raised laydown transmission and +3 mm hubs in the rear. The simpler solution, although you have to buy something, is to use the front HRC aluminum pivot.
Old 10-05-2016, 06:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jonbrown

Here is Frank's video for the kick shim mod:

https://www.facebook.com/Team-Losi-R...6594021/videos
Old 10-05-2016, 05:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 168 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ryan432greening
Here is Frank's video for the kick shim mod:

https://www.facebook.com/Team-Losi-R...6594021/videos
Why do people do that?

That's not "Frank's video for the kick shim mod" - it's a link to a whole bunch of videos not the one about the kick shim mod.

No matter how many "show more"s I did, I did not see a video title mentioning the kick ship mod.

Asking seriously: does Facebook not let you link to a specific video?
Old 10-05-2016, 05:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ta_man
Why do people do that?

That's not "Frank's video for the kick shim mod" - it's a link to a whole bunch of videos not the one about the kick shim mod.

No matter how many "show more"s I did, I did not see a video title mentioning the kick ship mod.

Weird, I attempted just to grab the one video that has the kick shim mod in it. It has a more generic title like "bunch of mods" or something like that and is 45-50 minutes long.

It's my understanding the kick shim mod is to raise the roll center when using very low ride heights like with the laydown chassis.
Old 10-05-2016, 07:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Hey Frank, now that the laydown conversion been out for awhile any chance on getting replacement parts? like the chassis? Maybe a standard weight body.
Old 10-05-2016, 08:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

that is the big piss off. i own a 3.0 a 3.0 dirt lay down as well where are the parts.. Is tlr to busy to give support for the guys that support them or is it all about the up sell
Old 10-05-2016, 08:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ta_man
Why do people do that?

It's on page 230 half way down. facebook.com/FrankRootTLR
When you get onto the facebook page scroll down about Quarter way and you should find it there.

Last edited by Wheel Nut; 10-05-2016 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Adjustment on facebook page
Old 10-05-2016, 09:57 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rozzy
that is the big piss off. i own a 3.0 a 3.0 dirt lay down as well where are the parts.. Is tlr to busy to give support for the guys that support them or is it all about the up sell
What parts are you talking about? Anything specifically cause everything I am looking at for the laydown is in stock at amain....
Old 10-06-2016, 03:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thecman26
What parts are you talking about? Anything specifically cause everything I am looking at for the laydown is in stock at amain....
My chassis is getting pretty worn on the bottom and would like to replace it. I don't see a part# just for a chassis. Also I'm not a fan on the ultra lightweight bodies either.
Old 10-06-2016, 05:32 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fabulous
My chassis is getting pretty worn on the bottom and would like to replace it. I don't see a part# just for a chassis. Also I'm not a fan on the ultra lightweight bodies either.
Yeah I guess you'll have to let Frank chime in on that stuff. Not using a chassis protector?
Old 10-06-2016, 07:16 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Callaway
Run it. If everything is right and there's just a slight bind, it'll work itself out.
Will do. Pretty happy with how the build went overall. Not quite as easy as the B6 I'm running, but vastly reduced slop compared to that car out of the box. Excited to run this thing in a few days.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.