Search

Ask Paul Lemieux, RC America/MOTIV/Gravity RC

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 10:11 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HoJo
Hi Paul

I would like to say a big thank you for your generosity at the Reedy race. Dominic can't stop talking about you giving him your new bodyshell. It will have pride of place in his bedroom at home. You can bet he will remember the Reedy race for a long time. In fact, he has already made plans for me to bring him back next year.

You are right about the Giants game Tim had an off-day and I was thinking about your comments. Guess it's like Rc racing - good days and bad days. It was still a great experience at the ballpark, and Dominic still chose a Lincecum t-shirt.

To Mr Hudy, I just want to say that you have a great representative in Mr Lemieux.

Congrats Paul on the win at the Reedy. All the best at the coming Worlds. We would be rooting for you.

Dominic says "Hello" to Chase !
quoted for emphasis.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:33 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by eded1
Paul, congrats and I am happy for you with your reedy win.
It's nice to have someone like you on top.
It sound nice to see you in europe, the ETS serie?

Ed
Thanks ED!

Originally Posted by ERTRACHTER
Hey Paul congrats on the win man you were super dialed
I was definately happy with the car, we really didnt get a chance to talk much, I hope you were happy with yours.
Thanks

[QUOTE=Potoczak;7485260]Paul
Any chance of you posting your setup that you had at the Reedy Race. CONGRATS ON THE WIN!!!! YOU WERE AWESOME!!!![/QUO

Thanks!, the set up is on the xray site now.

Originally Posted by Kiznasty
congrats on the win! Great racing you were dialed!
Thanks!
Originally Posted by HoJo
Hi Paul

I would like to say a big thank you for your generosity at the Reedy race. Dominic can't stop talking about you giving him your new bodyshell. It will have pride of place in his bedroom at home. You can bet he will remember the Reedy race for a long time. In fact, he has already made plans for me to bring him back next year.

You are right about the Giants game Tim had an off-day and I was thinking about your comments. Guess it's like Rc racing - good days and bad days. It was still a great experience at the ballpark, and Dominic still chose a Lincecum t-shirt.

To Mr Hudy, I just want to say that you have a great representative in Mr Lemieux.

Congrats Paul on the win at the Reedy. All the best at the coming Worlds. We would be rooting for you.

Dominic says "Hello" to Chase !
HI. Im glad that you guys had a good time, he seems like about the nicest kid!!, im glad that you guys had a chance to go to the game and i hope you had a great time here in general. as for the body, that was no problem, to come all the way from Singapore is a big deal and thats the least i can do, plus maybe he will take it easy on me in a couple of years when we are racing together .

I hope the trip home was good and i see you guys again soon.
Keep in touch.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey Paul,

2 questions regarding your set-up

- What does having 3mm shims under the shock do for handling?
- What does running the foam in the shock bladder do or not do for the shock?

I currently run 1mm under the shock and do not run the foam under the bladder.

Nice win at Reedy!
Old 06-03-2010, 11:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Paul, do you drive with your mouth open to prevent thermal-ing your brain?

Congrats on the Reedy win!
Old 06-03-2010, 12:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hey Paul, I have a ? for you. On my T3 I had a slight toe in difference in the rear, after a lot of re-adjusting of the pivot block I got it close to the same from side to side, I ended up having to put a .001 shim between the lower roll center holder and the bulkhead to make the sides equal.

Once everything was setup I tried my car on the garage floor(very slippery) and when rolling really slow the car looked like it was walking (or rocking) from side to side, like one side was trying to catch up to the other side and then vice versa. Yet when the car is on carpet or something with traction I don't see that oscilation effect. (not sure if the car did this prior to the shim) But now i'm wondering if the shim is enough that it has changed the wheel base of the car from side to side and this is the cause of the problem, or do all cars do this as a reflection of being 4 wheel drive and running rear toe in?

Also congrats on the Reedy win.

Thanks
Old 06-03-2010, 04:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Paul I didn't want to bug you I wanted you to win man! I was very happy with my car I think it was the best handling car Ive ever had on asphalt!
Old 06-07-2010, 02:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey Paul, congratulations on the big win. You had a lot of people pulling for you!

I heard that Rheinhard's mechanic set up three cars for every practice run so he could try more setups. Sounds like a pretty big advantage for him, and still you overcame it. Wow.

On your setup sheet it says ESC program 1 -- is that real? You run with the current limiter set to "low" like for 2WD offroad? Is that typical for TC with a 4T motor? Also it looks like you ran quite a bit of ballast beyond what you'd need for 1420 grams -- is that also typical for a big mod motor?

Did you run the one-piece holder for the front of the rear suspension pins?

For the front inner camber link mount, did you have to dremel on the shock tower mount for the ballcup to clear? If you had time to post a photo that might help. Cheers!
Old 06-09-2010, 02:12 PM
Tech Regular

Hi, Paul.

I've read your set-up and have a question.
How did you find ? this solution of the front upper camber link.
Did you mis steer or give this more steering.
Strange solution, it worked for you ygm.
Again congrats with your big win, I know you have to fight for it.

Ed
Old 06-09-2010, 05:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Paul,
Congrats on the reedy win.
can you please explain a little on why you changed the layout of the top roll centres/ camber adjustments.
Cheers
Old 06-13-2010, 03:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hi Paul,

Im running my t3 with the set up below, and it oversteers on power. Not just a little bit, but absolutely diabolical. I can move the ackermann back and it helps slightly, but it then has a tiny push. Other than that it steers really nicely. Any suggestions as to what to try?

thanks

http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...=1593&setup=t3
Old 06-13-2010, 06:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Hi Paul,

Can you explain your opinion of Ackerman? Specifically running the tab in the front versus the rear.

Also, this weekend I found that shortening the front links gave the car a lot more corner speed. In my mind, it should have reduced the front traction because the car is rolling less. We are running on a low traction parking lot track.

Could you please explain why I picked up so much more corner speed? The car is in the upper outer position with 1 mm of shim on the hub and 2 degrees of camber. The rear is the lower inner position with 1 mm shim and 2 degrees of camber.

Thanks!

Last edited by Dane; 06-14-2010 at 05:15 PM.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Good run at the Fuel nationals Paul. Good luck at the worlds. We will be cheering you on.

Keith and Jason.
Old 06-14-2010, 03:56 PM
Tech Adept

Hi Paul,

Congradulations on your victory at the Reedy Race .

I have one quick question. What made you decide to you the "H" (hard) c block & steering arms? Often people will say this is for carpet but I have begun to see more and more people use it with asphault racing. What does this do for you? Thanks in advance for your reply.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:22 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey Paul,

Just wondering where your going to practice now that Scotty decided to change the on road track to dirt?
Old 06-16-2010, 09:54 AM
Tech Elite

Wow, has Paulie got GAS !! Congrats on yer Nats win Matey...

You popping over for the Portland Debauch in early Sept 3/4/5 ??

Jacko

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.