Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2001, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Sounds like a cool thing BigDog... It would definitely be less of a pain to be able to just drop the TC3 bones right in with no mods.

Trips
Old 12-06-2001, 03:39 PM
Tech Elite

With the Hodge mod on the rear hub carrier... do you use that mod with the low roll center? I want to get the long ball studs tonight if someone can tell me the Losi part number, or if it is the .188, .250, or .380 Ball stud.

Thanks

Mike Webb
Old 12-06-2001, 04:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

mike_webb- I wondered what the part number was myself. I just went out a bought what looks to be the correct ball stud. I bought part number A-9947 (titanium studded balls with hex head .380) It looks like the stud shown in the picture. Hope this helps some

TO ALL-The car was killer last weekend on carpet. I was the TQ over Jimmy Jacobson after the first round of qualifying. I was still running Matt Francis' set up with slight shock angle changes. I'm trying one of Todd's set ups this weekend. I would have posted this sooner but my cable modem provider went bankrupt and they just got us back on line lastnight. Anyone having good luck with the different roll center blocks? The way it's been explained to me it would seem that you would only run the low roll center blocks on tracks that don't have a lot of traction.. Is this true? Doesn't that modification raise the roll center and allow the chassis to roll a little more in turn creating more traction?
Old 12-06-2001, 04:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I just put washers under the stock ballstuds ...accomplished the same thing (raises the ball).
Old 12-06-2001, 06:21 PM
Tech Elite

STLNLST

Body roll is derived from the distance between the CG and RC. It works on the leverage principle. The further the 2 are away from each other the more leverage there is to cause roll. If the CG and RC are in the exact same spot you should get no roll.

That's what I've been told.

Hello Javier.

Last edited by Sydewynder; 12-06-2001 at 06:24 PM.
Old 12-06-2001, 07:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Carpet setup with foams

Ok guys. Who ever has any setup advice for a carpet track with foam tires help me out. The track is 60 X 50 and has many 90 and 180 degree corners with not much of a straight away. My car was working wonderful at the beginning of the season but now I'm loosing ground to the TC3's in the corners. I think I have the corner speed, but my overall speed and quickness (punch) just isn't there. All of my other equipment is up to par (batteries, motors, electronics, tires). I'm just looking for more speed whether it be with different gearing or setup or whatever!

Any suggestions?

Here is my current setup:

Front: 57 piston, 70 wt oil, black spring, 5mm ride height (mandatory), shock in 3rd hole out on tower, stock camber link, 1 degree toe out, 4 degree castor blocks, 0 degree kickup, low roll center, -1.5 deg camber, no sway bar.

Rear: 57 piston, 50 wt oil, purple spring, 5 mm ride height, shock in 3rd hole out on tower-outside on arm, #2 & B camber link, 1.5 degree toe-in per side, 0 degree antisquat, -1 degree camber, low roll center, no sway bar.

Misc: TRC Plaid front, TRC purple rear, batteries forward, 41 tooth pulley in rear of car, P2k geared 23/90

Thanks in advance

Bob
Old 12-06-2001, 07:36 PM
Tech Elite

WE HAVE TITANIUM SCREW ACCESS

http://www.t-d-motorsports.com/titanium.htm

This guy did a lot of work trying to find a supplier of TI Screws.

$3.10 a screw is a bit much so I am going to order some a little at a time but now we can get rid of the really heavy Steel Screws

Mike Webb
Old 12-06-2001, 10:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Christmas Super Sale!! :)

Hi Guys,

Just want to drop a quick note in here that we are having our Christmas Super Sale going on right now!!! For details, check out our website's first page. Those of you that's been thinking about getting our XXX-S hop-ups, now is a good time to get them during our sale. We are also giving away a car kit for FREE this month.

Thanks

Steve Wang
Speed Tech R/C
www.speedtechrc.com
Old 12-07-2001, 12:43 AM
Tech Rookie

Here are some Carpet setups ive been working on at my home track in Minnesota. Both Foam and Rubber setups for Ozite! Follow this link!

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...&threadid=1516
Old 12-07-2001, 09:44 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I AM IN THE PROCESS OF BUILDING MY XXX-S. I'M AT THE SHOCKS NOW AND I NEED SOME HELP. I TRIED TO LOOK FOR A PREVIOUS POST, BUT THERE ARE JUST TOO MANY. ARE THE SHOCKS SHAFTS SUPPOSED TO GET SUCKED BACK UP INTO THE BODY??? I'VE HAD EXPERIENCE WITH THE TYPICAL SHOCKS, BUT NOT THE UPSIDE DOWN ONES. CAN ANYBODY GIVE ME A COUPLE QUICK TIPS?? THANKS.

JOHN
Old 12-07-2001, 09:51 AM
Tech Elite

Yes... the shaft should suck back in.. Mine suck back about 1/2 to 3/4 way back in.

Mike Webb
Old 12-07-2001, 10:00 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

THANKS. THOUGHT I WAS DOING SOMETHING WRONG. I'VE ONLY BEEN RACING FOR A YEAR NOW. I'VE HAD 2 MR-4TC' AND A PRO 3. THE XXX-S SEEMS TO BE THE BEST CAR I'VE BUILT SO FAR. AS FAR AS CONSTRUCTION. I HOPE IT PERFORMS AS WELL. I NEED TO START WHIPPING TOSE TC3'S.
Old 12-07-2001, 10:05 AM
Tech Elite

Well if you really want to whip the TC3's I hope you are a very good driver and running MOD. Right now at our track that is about 4 or 5 XXX-S running stock and in order for us to beat them we have to race a nearly perfect race or else they kill us in the infield

Mike Webb
Old 12-07-2001, 10:39 AM
Tech Adept

Default Slowing down

Bobby Z,

Just a thought,
If the TC3's lap times are not better and the XXX-S is slowing, I'd change the belt.
Old 12-07-2001, 10:49 AM
Tech Adept

Is it really that bad in stock vs. the TC3s? I thought the whole purpose of this car was to be good in stock? I've only had mine on the track once just because the track I raced at stopped with touring cars and only do oval. (Yeah BOO) So I'm just asking.

The day I went to test I was only a few tenths off the tracks best laps. I accounted that being more to due that I wasn't used to the car yet and still lacking a bit on setup as it seemed to push a bit more than the TC3 or my HPI Pro 3 was doing.

If this is the case? What is losi doing to help out? I've not really seen them offering new setups. Hodge only made a comment on TT forum that they learned some new stuff on the carpet put wouldn't tell because he didn't want the AE clan knowing.

Like I said you guys are getting hands on expersience and I'm not right now. I'm just asking and not meaning to burst any bubbles.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.