Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 08:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yokemad
Hi dudes
I usually use Lrp vtec 27r ,this time want to go for sorex 24r but not sure about sorex tyres...
what are your thoughts about sorex 24r tyres...are they as good as Lrp tyres???
Many thanx in advanced
I'm really not a rubber tire guy and I haven't tried the LRP's but I really liked the 24R's when I ran them. They lasted quite a while as well on our med-low bite carpet.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rc-car-net
hey,

i heard a lot about new parts for the mi3 in the past few weeks. they said that the parts work really well but they also said that they can't promise me that these parts will be released.

what new parts will be released for the mi3??
i will try to rattle off what i can remember

- bulkheads
- diff holders
- ball studs
- screw set
- hinge pins
- layshaft

i think there might be a few others, but i think all of these will be available fairly soon.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:17 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Big Features
Ran the Schuie tonight on carpet at the Region #2 indoor champs. I qualified 7th and finished 7th. I was 3rd and gave up the spot for 4th for about 3 minutes and then was taken out. I fought my way back up to 7th and thats how it all ended. The car was DIALED!! I could pick my line every lap. Truely a great car for carpet
good job man! you run the same setup you have been running? PS - that Mi2 setup you gave me was dang good!
Old 11-11-2007, 08:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

McGoo how much sauce do you put on your front foams...its not on the setup sheet...there is no place for it either...lol!

Do you club race with Jack or Paragon? I know each has its on feel on the track...do you make any changes to deal with this?
Old 11-11-2007, 08:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
No matter what lube or how much clean my rear diff I can't get that super smooth feeling unless the diff is set to point where it allowewd to slip a little running all the stock parts from the first patch
I do almost what Adrian posted but a little different. I too clean everything out at least twice - and just make sure you keep your hands clean. Any fibers or dirt will make your diff crap out.

I little trick I have found to work is use the cap of the motor spray. I then spray some motor spray in there and then put the fiff balls in there. I let them sit as I am cleaning everything else. I then just pour them out on a clean paper towel and then spray them again.

I actually like lubing up the diff pulley instead of dipping the diff balls as Adrian does. I just use an exacto or a small flathead screw driver and just place some schumacher diff lube in the holes of the pulley. I then just place the diff balls in the holes.

As Adrian stated, make sure you use 600 grit sandpaper and sand those things down till they are nice and butter smooth and even.

I have had great success with building my diffs this way.....
Old 11-11-2007, 08:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AdrianM
McGoo how much sauce do you put on your front foams...its not on the setup sheet...there is no place for it either...lol!

Do you club race with Jack or Paragon? I know each has its on feel on the track...do you make any changes to deal with this?

At Vegas I was saucing my fronts about 1/2 way to 1/4 as traction came up. The new Jack the Gripper dobber was perfect for getting a nice smooth 1/4 sauce on the front tire.

For club racing we are allowed to use Paragon. I am typically saucing 1/2 the front's, but yesterday i tried 3/4's. It definitely gave me a more edgy feeling, but i think it was a bit much.

I have tried Jack on club racing and it takes about 4-5 laps for it to get hooked up...granted that was on my track where we use paragon. At Vegas you really didn't see that lag time for the tires to come in b/c the track was laid down with all Jack.

Setup wise I dont really change anything - I just let the Jack soak and sit for about 10 minutes more than I would typically do with Paragon, and I also make sure I wipe my tires dry of all the Jack before laying them on the track. Paragon I can typically wipe them off pretty good and then scrub in the tires on the track.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Thumbs up tires

sup all I have a new set of RP24's r they like CS27's ,cs22's or Jaco greens?
Old 11-11-2007, 09:45 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Customworksking
sup all I have a new set of RP24's r they like CS27's ,cs22's or Jaco greens?
They are like CS22's and softer than Jaco Greens. They are pretty awesome for carpet racing.

We tired to get the IIC to run them two years ago but they picked the RP30 instead. I think the RP24 would have been way better.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

CS22 premounts suck and that comes from someone who has been forced to use them (control tire) for 3 years. They overheat, weigh a ton, form an inner groove and generally suck.
Now we're on LRP 28 premounts, much better tire, although the insert has a tendency to shift to the outside when grip is high, rendering it useless.
The best tire I've run to date are the Much More tires.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AdrianM
They are like CS22's and softer than Jaco Greens. They are pretty awesome for carpet racing.

We tired to get the IIC to run them two years ago but they picked the RP30 instead. I think the RP24 would have been way better.
i haven't ran them, but what the locals around here have found the RP's are usually "softer" than the number - the 24's are alot like the CS22's according to a few guys i trust around here.

One of my favorite tires I have ran were the Power 22's that Schuie USA carries. PW talked me into trying them out and I loved them. You will want to use a thin insert. The all the Medium inserts I tried were just too thick and didn't allow enough air gap....
Old 11-11-2007, 11:59 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by The Teacher
Big Features, nice run this weekend I think I'll be making that call on Tuesday...
Thanks Teach, Sean and Adam will take care of you
Old 11-11-2007, 12:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mr. McGoo
good job man! you run the same setup you have been running? PS - that Mi2 setup you gave me was dang good!
Thanks Marc! Glad my Mi2 set-up worked for you. I ran your IIC set-up on my Mi3 at the Regionals and MAN!!! It was DIALED!! I only changed two things: Rear toe to 2.0 and drop to 1mm up-travel in front and 1.5 in rear.

Car was great all weekend. Qualified 7th and finished 7th. Now all I have to do is convince my wife to let me go to the Snowbirds
Old 11-11-2007, 01:59 PM
Tech Initiate

No body 0uses Cs22 or any Take Offs here in the Uk any more there rubbish. Especially the 22's they really do overheat and dont last very long at all and 27's just dont give you the grip.

The best carpet tyre i and most people use is the Nosram Vetec 24 (same as LRP ones now they are great. Load em up with Jack the Gripper and away you go. They always seem very consistant no matter how warm the Temp is. The funny thing abot them is they get better when they have been used for a few runs. Must be because the addertive sinks into them where as other tyres it doesnt seem to soak in it just stays on the surface.
Old 11-11-2007, 02:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr. McGoo
i will try to rattle off what i can remember

- bulkheads
- diff holders
- ball studs
- screw set
- hinge pins
- layshaft

i think there might be a few others, but i think all of these will be available fairly soon.
New diff holders?
Old 11-11-2007, 02:16 PM
Tech Champion

In the US we have some deadly traction compounds at really make TakeOff tires work great. Paragon is awesome on CS22 and 27's on carpet. You can traction roll with the wrong setup.

On asphalt the CS27 is still super popular with Trinity Tire Tweak or SXT2.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.