Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree172Likes

Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 12-21-2016, 08:46 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester
RB6.6 Kyosho America Product Page: http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/ULTIMA-...T_p_24505.html

RB6.6 Manual http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/in...A_RB6_6_IM.pdf

RB6.6 Kyosho Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW_sR667utY

MSRP $639 MAP $399.99

-------------------------------
New RB6.6 parts (compared exploded views, prices and links are Kyosho America):

Chassis:
  1. Main chassis - UM731 - $125.99
  2. Side guards - UM732 - $9.99

Battery Holder:
  1. Battery plate - UM733 - $8.99
  2. Battery foam - UM741 - $7.99

Rear Bulkheads:
  1. MM3 and Laydown - UM740 - $9.99
    • MM3 bulkhead
    • Laydown bulkhead
    • Swaybar Holders

3 Gear Transmission (MM and RM):
  1. Transmission - UM734 - $10.99
    • transmission cases
    • spacers
    • caps
    • plastic FR & RR suspension hangers

2. Gear Cover - UM735 - $6.99

Laydown Transmission (3 and 4 gear possible):
  1. Transmission - UM736 - $10.99
    • transmission cases
    • spacers
    • caps
    • required extra hardware
    • pastic FR suspension hanger

2. 40T idler - UM737 - $6.99
  3. Motor plate - UM738 - $18.99
  4. Gear cover - UM739 - $6.99

Body:
  1. Blade body - UMB05 - $27.99

Optional Parts:
  1. Lightweigt Blade body - UMB05LW - $31.99
  2. Aluminum FR suspension hanger - UMW705B - $28.99 (may be able to file UMW705 to fit)
  3. Brass FR suspension hanger - UMW725B - $30.99 (looks more different than UMW725..someone confirm?)

Typical Upgrades for new RB6.6 Buyers

UMW701 Aluminum Steering Plate (RB6)
UMW702 Aluminum Crank Arm (RB6)
UMW704-0 V2 Aluminum Rear Hub Set(0°/RB6)
UMW705B Aluminum Rear Sus. Holder (RF/RB6.6) or brass UMW725B
UMW707 Aluminum Rear Sus. Holder (RR-Mid)

Nice to have:

UMW723 Aluminum Front Sus Block (Type B/10g/RB6/RT6/SC6).

Aftermarket Parts:

Front Wing: https://www.prolineracing.com/perfor...mount-alum-rb6

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 12:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Originally Posted by t8rtot
nice build.

heavy compared to what though?
Not a Durango DEX210
Old 10-04-2012, 12:52 AM
Tech Elite

First night out racing with the RB6 and all I can say is WOW!!!!!! what a fantastic cars. Can turn inside on AE cars, and it's more stable then any Losi I have ever driven with no push. I used the Japanese setup and the car was very very good, very well balanced, however the layout at OC/RC has been around since Surf City so it's pretty rutted up which caused the rear of the car to leave the surface of the track with the red springs. Friend Chris was there, saw that he was running gold springs in the rear, without changing anything but the rear springs the car was AMAZING.... This is by far the best buggy I have ever driven hands down, even beating the c**p out of the RB5. In the mains the track got really blown out because we raced after 8th scale electric and it was loose in every corner, If I had my B4.1 I would have been fighting for traction all night long. This car had none of that. I cannot stress enough how great basically out of the box this car is. 14 drivers in stock buggy, and I finished 5th with a car I have driven exactly 6 times, against guys who have had their cars and the wrench time to equal years. I really don't see how I can improve it, so I may start with small things like ball stud height, but as it is, the car is near perfect with ZERO complaints from me. I too as an earlier poster pointed out forgot I paid $450.00 for it the second I got the slipper adjusted and threw it on the track. Just Phenomenal......
Old 10-04-2012, 01:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jpcopeland1
First night out racing with the RB6 and all I can say is WOW!!!!!! what a fantastic cars. Can turn inside on AE cars, and it's more stable then any Losi I have ever driven with no push. I used the Japanese setup and the car was very very good, very well balanced, however the layout at OC/RC has been around since Surf City so it's pretty rutted up which caused the rear of the car to leave the surface of the track with the red springs. Friend Chris was there, saw that he was running gold springs in the rear, without changing anything but the rear springs the car was AMAZING.... This is by far the best buggy I have ever driven hands down, even beating the c**p out of the RB5. In the mains the track got really blown out because we raced after 8th scale electric and it was loose in every corner, If I had my B4.1 I would have been fighting for traction all night long. This car had none of that. I cannot stress enough how great basically out of the box this car is. 14 drivers in stock buggy, and I finished 5th with a car I have driven exactly 6 times, against guys who have had their cars and the wrench time to equal years. I really don't see how I can improve it, so I may start with small things like ball stud height, but as it is, the car is near perfect with ZERO complaints from me. I too as an earlier poster pointed out forgot I paid $450.00 for it the second I got the slipper adjusted and threw it on the track. Just Phenomenal......
It was good racing you tonight..I need to work on my car a little more..once I get the steering it'll be all good
Old 10-04-2012, 01:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by NitroLuver
It was good racing you tonight..I need to work on my car a little more..once I get the steering it'll be all good
Think once the track is redone and it doesn't blow out as easy you might be able to turn The last 1 1/2 minutes of the race was awful. If I didn't bonehead on that one corner I may have been able to pull out 3rd place. Was in second for a little while til I piped it. All in all a very good race, swapping positions what 4 times in one race is so much fun. Now go get yourself an RB6.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

What outdoor dirt setup are people going with?
I just started building, going off the Japanese team drivers on petitrc.
Old 10-04-2012, 03:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Think once the track is redone and it doesn't blow out as easy you might be able to turn The last 1 1/2 minutes of the race was awful. If I didn't bonehead on that one corner I may have been able to pull out 3rd place. Was in second for a little while til I piped it. All in all a very good race, swapping positions what 4 times in one race is so much fun. Now go get yourself an RB6.
Seriously thinking about it, my sct and stadium truck are awesome but I am willing to try another buggy...Yea track was really loose second half of the race...I would've had a better shot if I didn't screw myself early on..was in last at one point so making it back to 4th was awesome
Old 10-04-2012, 03:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Has anyone compared shorty to standard lipo? If so on what sort of surface.

I'm buying all new lipos and curious which ones to get, if there is an obvious advantage.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:24 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 1212 (100%+)

I'm buying all new lipos and curious which ones to get, if there is an obvious advantage.
Not yet but I have all 3 not that I'm an expert or anything, but going to give it a whirl.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bigwavedave33
Not yet but I have all 3 not that I'm an expert or anything, but going to give it a whirl.
yea i might just buy saddles and a shorty since i can run the saddles inline just like a stick.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by NitroLuver
Seriously thinking about it, my sct and stadium truck are awesome but I am willing to try another buggy...Yea track was really loose second half of the race...I would've had a better shot if I didn't screw myself early on..was in last at one point so making it back to 4th was awesome
Pipes are not friends when it comes to racing. At least I don't think I got lapped last night by anyone except Squid.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:50 AM
Tech Elite

From what I have been told by other Kyosho drivers the WTS Orions are supposed to be really good in the car. I myself like the balance with short lipos so will stay the course this season with them. I'd be leery about running a full sized lipo due to the weight. Buggy is already on the heavier side of things. With the DEX210 I ran full sized packs and couldn't keep up with the Losi's and AE cars, but the DEX was seriously very very heavy.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by silvalis
What outdoor dirt setup are people going with?
I just started building, going off the Japanese team drivers on petitrc.
What type of track surface. The Japan setup seems to a good (in my case, excellent) starting setup that only required one change the be near perfect (for me). This was on a very very hard packed clay track that slicks were hooked up on.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:57 AM
Tech Elite

From what I have been told by other Kyosho drivers the WTS Orions are supposed to be really good in the car. I myself like the balance with short lipos so will stay the course this season with them. I'd be leery about running a full sized lipo due to the weight. Buggy is already on the heavier side of things. With the DEX210 I ran full sized packs and couldn't keep up with the Losi's and AE cars, but the DEX was seriously very very heavy.
yea the WTS batt is interesting, and expensive for what it is.

i've thought about it but since i can get quality brand batteries for almost half the cost i don't think i'll go that route. especially if never use the weights.

i'm ordering shorties now.

build starts tonight!
Old 10-04-2012, 07:05 AM
Tech Elite

yea the WTS batt is interesting, and expensive for what it is.

i've thought about it but since i can get quality brand batteries for almost half the cost i don't think i'll go that route. especially if never use the weights.

i'm ordering shorties now.

build starts tonight!
Cant go wrong with shorties. Worked in every car I used them in.

Last edited by jpcopeland1; 10-04-2012 at 08:02 AM.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

John,

Bring the new rb6 to west coast on Friday and let me tke it for a try....I still love my rb5 , but waiting for a deal.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.