Bumps and Jumps 09/10 offroad season

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bumps and Jumps 09/10 offroad season

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 06:13 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

yeh u guys were crazy out there, watched online. feelin better (then again feelin bad watchin that b4 bust 22s). the grip will go down next wk when the big uglies come back and the track drys out.

CRCRC 09 setup mike?

R
Old 11-15-2009, 06:44 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
yeh u guys were crazy out there, watched online. feelin better (then again feelin bad watchin that b4 bust 22s). the grip will go down next wk when the big uglies come back and the track drys out.

CRCRC 09 setup mike?

R
I ended up with something close to the 09 CRCRC setup....except with 1 washer under all the ballstuds, 30 wt all around, standard rear hubs (not 1/2*), gold barcodes in the back, pink tapers up front (want to try the 2wd gold barcode), I don't clean or do anything to tires between runs, just pick off the chunks! I'm liking these 'lightweight' setups so far at Bumps & LIR.

Moving back the quad probably won't effect the times much either, good call!
Old 11-15-2009, 07:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

8-(
No 1/8th scale today???

Originally Posted by MikeG88
It was great to be back at Bumps....I think the layout is pretty dialed as is! Maybe just padding that one beam after the quad would cut down on a lot of front-end carnage. I thought the key to hitting the quad was to hit the downside of the drop-off smooth and square. Hope it doesn't change too much.
WOW dude 22.882.... Very impressive.

Sad i missed out today, i was all packed and ready but some last minute things came out and i didnt get done in time.
Old 11-15-2009, 08:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 162 (100%+)

Wow I didn't know I was at bumps and jumps today...???
Old 11-15-2009, 09:16 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Track was awesome today. Laptimes where extremely fast with the warmer weather and the track being damp like it was made for some fast laptimes. My Slash was pretty fast but to my surprise I ran fast laptime with the Losi Strike. The extra traction didn't hurt but overall I ran faster times with the Strike. I have been messing with it heavily with my free time and have rebuilt and the shocks it seems like a hundred times to get the feel I was looking for.

The old standby Slash though just a tad slower (I only ran it one round and a few laps of practice) was alot easier for me to drive thats for sure. Still it was fun running both of them.

Bob Moore and Pat have the new Blitz going fast as can be and Pat also had his Slash going fast. Pat did say the same thing that the Slash is so much easier to drive consistanly and I agree. Still fun to see such a mix of trucks doing well. I think the Strike will be a handful when the track dries but for one weekend the truck worked. It is possible to run them but you will need to be up on the wheel.

I think this weekend mod truck put on a great show with some very awesome racing for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th postions. Kyle, Frank and Greg put on a driving display and battled down to the last lap. Great job guys!!!!!!!!!!! Roeder checked out early in mod truck. Nice run to all you mod truck guys. Troy is getting his mod truck worked out alot better

2wd mod buggy was also highly contested today and say some great racing in this class as well. Damn they are fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mike nice to see you and your dad back at Bumps. Roeder had a fast buggy in this class as well and looks like those Kyosho cars fit him well. The standard guys wher fast Dan, Brian, Frank, Jason, Kyle and Mike where all super fast.

Overall great racing today. For how nice it was outside today it was nice to see everyone come out and race. Truely some fast fast racing today.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:18 AM
Tech Regular

Nice layed back day to race, track had plenty of grip. I think the change made to the back section at the end of the day will work out great for all. I almost cleared the back doubles with my Blitz, but landed at the top of the last double. Since i have zero spare parts i didn't try it again. wyd was fast with Losi and proved that with set up and a great driver this truck can compete.
Will this layout stay the same for this weeks points race?
Old 11-16-2009, 06:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Miskolczi - and you ran a slash! you must have borrowed a house transponder in the past and we just drug it in - name and all.

There were 2 local tracks that ran outdoor yesterday - I am guessing that is why there were no 1/8 scales
Old 11-16-2009, 06:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

chris, will you be there today?
Old 11-16-2009, 10:18 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by ses601
chris, will you be there today?
He won't be in til Tuesday. Shop is closed on Mondays.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:41 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by DialedIn-67
Nice layed back day to race, track had plenty of grip. I think the change made to the back section at the end of the day will work out great for all. I almost cleared the back doubles with my Blitz, but landed at the top of the last double. Since i have zero spare parts i didn't try it again. wyd was fast with Losi and proved that with set up and a great driver this truck can compete.
Will this layout stay the same for this weeks points race?
Your Blitz looked good and your old standby Slash always looks good. Thanks for props on the Losi as I have more time in that truck than both my Slash truck combined and then some. I bet I have a few hours in the Losi shocks just trying different oils and getting the truck to feel good. The Losi can work but the mid engine makes for alot different driving feel thats for sure.

I think moving the jumps back some in the back stretch will help with guys hitting that one post if they are off line. From the testing after the races I would say it was successful.

I would like to say that 99% of the guys that I saw miss the quad in the back where not lined up or came off the drop down jump a little sideways. If you stand to marshall in between the quads and the drop down jump like I did I can tell almost every time who was going to make it and who wasn't going to make it. I can't blame the layout for breaking stuff when I watched over and over the same guys going for the quad even if the where not lined up right or clearly made a mistake but still felt the need to yank it!!!!!!!!!! Moving the jumps back will help though if you make a mistake so I think everyone should be happy with the slight change for this next weekend and Tuesdays practice.

I had a blast running Pro Spec with Bob, Pat, Mitch, Matt and the others. The racing Sunday was awesome in all classes. I enjoyed watching them all.
Old 11-16-2009, 04:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Had a blast racing Sunday. Can't make it back for 2 weeks have to work. But I will be back for sure can't wait. Brian that losi was fast all around. Love the way racing is broke up. Man I get more nervous watching my son race but so much fun. Rather funny watching him and Pat battle on the track and then the Dads go out and do the same.
Thanks for having a place for us all to race.
Old 11-16-2009, 05:56 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Bob Moore
Had a blast racing Sunday. Can't make it back for 2 weeks have to work. But I will be back for sure can't wait. Brian that losi was fast all around. Love the way racing is broke up. Man I get more nervous watching my son race but so much fun. Rather funny watching him and Pat battle on the track and then the Dads go out and do the same.
Thanks for having a place for us all to race.
That sucks. Wish you where back sooner thats for sure. I enjoy racing with you as it is alot of fun and always very clean.

The Spec class had a brutal battle for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th positions and I can see why your so nervous watching. Awesome for your son to have a class geared more for them and awesome for dads and moms to watch them battle it just like we do in Pro class. The split of thes two Spec classes is nothing but awesome.

As for the Losi I think it is going to get retired after this weekend. I might run it in a heat but I really need to put time in with my Slash. I actually have a ton of stuff to try but pushed it off messing with my borrowed Strike. Oh well will see what happens.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I should be up for some 2wd this week.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:24 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

got so mad at my inability to correctly '4th hole' 2 b4 rear towers. i just tore it down to start making it an x6. 1 of those days.

that and i sat there for 3-4hrs and finished the CR, wired for sound, paint and all. such a hard life i'm sure.

bout 90% sure on practice 2mrw. CR will be put thru paces, try to remember how to drive that car. see what happens.

R

Last edited by ultegrasti; 11-16-2009 at 06:38 PM.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:35 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

For those that live close enough come out to Bumps tonight and try the offroad with the back stretch jumps moved back some. I think you will like being able to miss the quad and not hit the beam along the building unless you really over jump by about 5ft to 8ft. Pretty sure it will help many of you guys out that miss the quad every now and then.

Track should be pretty fast again tonight with the still warmer than normal weather. No complaints on the warmer weather thats for sure.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.