Old 03-31-2016, 03:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Same here! ^^ need a setup also
Old 03-31-2016, 03:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Rc10.com

Use the Brent Thielke setup at the bottom of the list.

Use white front/green rear truck springs; or white rears & inboard tower hole.

Setup works great with shorty or square depending on taste.

Use with 3gear trans for more aggressive feel.
Old 03-31-2016, 04:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Where would I find how to convert a B5m into a T5m?
Old 03-31-2016, 05:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RaisinBagel
Where would I find how to convert a B5m into a T5m?
Well I'll put it this way, it'll cost almost as much as buying a whole new kit! Here are the differences:

Chassis
Chassis cradle
Front and rear arms
Front and rear shock towers
Turnbuckles
Front and rear shocks
Front axles
Cva bones
Rear wing mounts
Rear hexes
Old 04-03-2016, 06:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

just ordered mine today how is the box setup does it work well?
Old 04-03-2016, 06:42 PM
Tech Regular

I don't think it's 1/2 bad out of the box.
Old 04-04-2016, 03:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

With the exception of shock oil and springs box setup was really close for my local track a mid to high bite indoor track.
Old 04-04-2016, 10:27 AM
Tech Regular

Well, I tried the new truck white springs on the T5M yesterday. Also had 37.5F/32.5R oil in it. Shorty battery, 1 thin spacer to the rear. I seemed to have a lot of issues with front to rear weight transfer. (This is on a carpet track). On throttle the front got light, and it didn't want to turn very well. On the brakes, it wanted to snap the rear end around in the corners. So I went to gray springs front & rear and it seemed to help. I wanted to add limiters, but I understand that's to help with traction rolling and I don't think that's my issue. I also raised my ride height to 27mm f/r and it seems to be better. Am I headed in the right direction? A friend suggested to cut the chassis brace and run the battery inline to keep weight centered. Not sure I want to do that just yet.
Old 04-04-2016, 10:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Think about it battery side ways as designed or in-line the weight is centered side to side either way. If I am thinking about it correctly the only change will be the weight displacement front to rear, and not actually "centering it up" sideways as designed and ran 7mm forward off rear wall (thin foam spacer) would keep more weight to the rear, while having it inline would move more weight to the front. I do not race carpet and never have so not sure what to tell you other than to me raising the ride height may hurt you.
Old 04-04-2016, 12:00 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Braxamus
Think about it battery side ways as designed or in-line the weight is centered side to side either way. If I am thinking about it correctly the only change will be the weight displacement front to rear, and not actually "centering it up" sideways as designed and ran 7mm forward off rear wall (thin foam spacer) would keep more weight to the rear, while having it inline would move more weight to the front. I do not race carpet and never have so not sure what to tell you other than to me raising the ride height may hurt you.
Yeah, not sold on running the shorty lengthwise either. As for raising the ride height, I agree it was counter-intuitive to do so. But, trying to get the ride height lower, using +5 offest spring cups, I had the collars backed up all the way against the shock cap. Adding a few milimeters actually allowed me to add some preload to the springs, which seemed to help me out. I could always use the 0 offset cups and set ride height. I was actually messing with the front arms- with the front tire spinning if I compressed the arm it will eventually hit the body. So seems like something wasn't quite right up in the front. I'm of the opinion that carpet or clay, high grip tracks are high grip tracks so trying to set this beast low like a buggy is foolish.
Old 04-04-2016, 06:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default newbie questions

i was into this 15 years ago i had a t3

im wanting to get back into this again but at the local track they said the stadium trucks arent that popular anymore

but they said i can still use them
i really like the new mid motor design
i remember always hitting my motor after a jump

anyway im looking for eather the rc10t5m
or the rc10b5m

now should i go for a factory lite kit? i only see them for the buggy not the truck
Old 04-04-2016, 11:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BruceR.
Well, I tried the new truck white springs on the T5M yesterday. Also had 37.5F/32.5R oil in it. Shorty battery, 1 thin spacer to the rear. I seemed to have a lot of issues with front to rear weight transfer. (This is on a carpet track). On throttle the front got light, and it didn't want to turn very well. On the brakes, it wanted to snap the rear end around in the corners. So I went to gray springs front & rear and it seemed to help. I wanted to add limiters, but I understand that's to help with traction rolling and I don't think that's my issue. I also raised my ride height to 27mm f/r and it seems to be better. Am I headed in the right direction? A friend suggested to cut the chassis brace and run the battery inline to keep weight centered. Not sure I want to do that just yet.
Things to try on toy car. That ride height feels high for carpet, when you raise it that transfers more weight and makes the other end feel light. l
Lower it and go the stiffest springs you have, go up with washers on front and rear towers, for less sway. You want to transfer weight quickly since you have grip and want a flat car thru turns, braking and gas. Make sure diff and slipper are set properly for carpet. I think you want a stiffer car so cutting braces would loosen you up. May even want hard parts if you don't crash, all this is what I would try during practice prior to racing. Tires would be what everybody else uses with stiff inserts.
Old 04-05-2016, 05:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

B5M is a more popular car and 2wd buggy is a more popular class. I think the factory lite is the only b5m kit they offer now. It seems the CE (Champions Edition) was a limited run and appears to be discontinued but towers still has them in limited quantities.

Last edited by JRSlash; 04-05-2016 at 05:55 AM.
Old 04-05-2016, 06:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Stadium truck races are sensational. Like driving a Tahoe after a Focus

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.