Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Aaron Waldron

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2004, 06:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I sure looks like it could be, but I think this came out before the Reedy. I've always heard that Integy/ indi makes really inovative stuff so it will be interesting how it works out.
Old 05-25-2004, 08:43 AM
Tech Initiate

Default 1/8 buggy

Hey bro I too live in Escondido and just started getting into RC nitro. My first truck was the savage last year. I now have two RC10GT 's 2 Savages and a mini T. I just bought a nitro on road TC3. I am now looking for a 1/8 scale buggy. I do not race but like to bash. What buggy do you rec. Also my son wants to race. I bought him a xcellerator and told him I would buy him a new truck if he is serious. Any suggestions for him. Thanks alot ..
Old 05-25-2004, 08:58 PM
Tech Elite

Whoa! Someone else from Esco!

I really like the Hyper 7 RTR buggies..to me, that seems to be the best RTR value out there right now; Hobbytown up in San Marcos carries Ofna stuff (and as far as I know, they still have parking lot races, which would give you a great chance to slide that NTC3 around a real track, in a laidback atmosphere).

The Ofna Hyper cars are really pretty durable, and you can buy the PCR version, which has all their aluminum goodies on it already. Also, Horizon will be selling the Sportwerks buggy sometime soon, so if you're not in a hurry, that might be worth waiting for.

As far as a gas truck..obviously, I have to recommend the XXX-NT. If you're not looking to build a kit, I seriously recommend the XXX-NT Sport, it's a GREAT RTR truck, with a good radio and a solid powerplant; I really haven't seen many people have good luck with Associated's RTR. If you want to build a kit, the GT is a good one, and you'll be able to get parts from both Hobby People and Hobby Town; the GT might be a little stronger for bashing around your backyard.

If your son is going to race, you should probably lean towards the Losi truck, because it's more stable stance will make it easier to get around the track. We race in Hemet at The Dirt, and will be having a big race up there on June 5th if you want to bring him up to watch. You can get directions on www.thedirtracing.com and make sure you stop by my pit and say hi!
Old 05-25-2004, 09:56 PM
Tech Addict

Aaron-you and your pops going to the shootout?i might come down.
Old 05-25-2004, 10:24 PM
Tech Elite

Oooh I'll be there. I'm shooting for the gas truck main!

That's my main focus right now..sure, there's a couple Saturday Series and other smaller races between now and then..but I want to make that main.
Old 05-26-2004, 08:50 AM
Tech Initiate

Aaron do you have a good set up for revelation i just got my xxxnt the other day and im having trouble getting it dialed.

thanks,

Jon
Old 05-26-2004, 02:31 PM
Tech Elite

I don't ever change my XXX-NT setup (well, except use tires specific for the track). I start with Adam Drake's standard setup, which is available on Losi's website, and I change my driving to suit the truck. I've run at Revelation plenty of times and it works great there.

Hope that helps!
Old 05-26-2004, 08:29 PM
Tech Initiate

son

Hey Aaron, this is kford_11's son and i just looked those directions up and they r from orange county i dont know if i went to the right link on the page but i think i did. I will ask my parents to take me up there on the 5th and i might b goin there this weekend so it will b coo.

PLZ Write back with some more info and i hope i do start racin maybe i will race wit u some day. Also wat highschool do you go to?¿
Old 05-26-2004, 11:13 PM
Tech Elite

I'm a senior at San Pasqual.

To get to Hemet from North County:

North on I-15, get off on Winchester Rd.

Follow Winchester through Temecula all the way to Domenigoni Pkwy. Turn right on Domenigoni Pkwy, turn left at the very end of it.

The easiest way is to continue all the way to Florida, and make a right. Go down to Santa Fe, and make another right (at Steve's Burgers). Turn left into the dirt lot before the softball fields.
Old 05-27-2004, 08:52 AM
Tech Master

HeY!!!

Aaron would you happen to know anything on the mayhem???(new 1/8th buggy) thanx in advanced!!!
Old 05-27-2004, 09:22 AM
Tech Elite

Aaron, would you be interested in taking a copy of my software to the race with you ? They could use it to print practice times. Take a look at the website and let me know what you think. They used it at the Worlds Warmup a few weeks ago, and are using it at the Reedy Race today!
Old 05-27-2004, 09:57 AM
Tech Master

Aaron - do you have a XXX-T setup for Revelation you could share? Thanks
Old 05-27-2004, 10:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

the mayhem won't be out for a short while yet.. but you should plan on a bunch of hobby shops pushing it hard.. they'll be trying to sell the heck out of it.. considering it comes from horizon hobbies.. I spoke to a friend of mine in the corporate world of one of the main, if not "the" main, hobby shop and he said they will definately carry the car and "all" of the parts.. of course I was like WTF.. because they carry about 5% of the parts for my mugen and those are very available.. and cheap.. and there are many of those cars around here..

what I'm trying to say is.. I think the hobby shops will be bias.. they will be trying to sell this car over all the others.. so, don't listen to their advice unless it is someone you trust.. be patient and wait for others to test it.. it looks like a sweet ride.. but so does the thundertiger and I've heard nothing but bad things about that car..

anyway.. I'm off my soap box..
Old 05-27-2004, 12:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)
Post help

i race and buggy and will a 88/25 be good for a chameleon 2 i'am looking for good run time and speed let me know
Old 05-27-2004, 12:58 PM
Tech Regular

Hey Aaron, this is a kind of weird question (then again, I'm know for being weird ), but I'm interested to know what you think. Gas truck and 2wd buggy are both known for being classes that can really teach you how to drive. In your opinion, which would be better at "teaching" a decent driver better throttle control, basic car control, etc, a 2wd buggy (probably with a Chamelion 2 in it) or gas truck?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.