Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 08:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default I tried moving the front shocks in one, but

it was softer and gave me more steering that I didn't want.

I went to 1 1/2 degree of rear toe to free it up in stock, but it didn't have enough bite. So I went back to 2 degrees. May be different with d-pinks.

Last edited by RCknight; 01-03-2005 at 08:53 PM.
Old 01-03-2005, 08:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default deleted

double post

Last edited by RCknight; 01-04-2005 at 01:11 PM.
Old 01-04-2005, 12:22 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: runingrc10...

Originally posted by RCknight
I use a sway bar to help take out some steering and to get some rear bite. I'm using purples on the rear and I seem to need the extra rear traction. Soon as my tires wear out, I'm going to orange/d-pink set.

This car has a lot of steering and I'm running a Mazda 6 on top of that. I'm thinking of running an Alfa next.

Droop? Not sure. I set the droop in the front by adjusting the top of the sping so that it's just touches the shock collar and the rear about 1mm from the shock collar. This seem to be spot on for me.

The car really seems to be hooked up for me now, but I'm always searching for something better. I tried 6 degree caster blocks and I liked it better, but that was without shims. So I'm undecided on which was better. The pros say stick with some anti-dive and some anti-squat. I still somewhat new to tunning and I can't tell much of a difference between the 4 and 6. One thing I do want to expirement with is bump steer. Does this give more steering? If so, I don't need any then.
you what? how the hell can you set droop by the shock collar? all your doing there is affecting the ride height, nothing to do with the droop at all.

i can see your setup being totally f*cked
Old 01-04-2005, 01:29 AM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Re: runingrc10...

Originally posted by raving-monkey
you what? how the hell can you set droop by the shock collar? all your doing there is affecting the ride height, nothing to do with the droop at all.

i can see your setup being totally f*cked
He means he sets his ride height and then with the car off the ground with the suspension fully extended you screw the droop screws in until the top of the spring just touches the top spring seat which is the shock collar.

I do the same thing to set my droop
Old 01-04-2005, 01:37 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: runingrc10...

RCKnight was pertaining to this type of technique for droop setting. Photo courtesy of CompetitionX

Droop setting

Last edited by Fatboy Joe; 01-04-2005 at 01:48 AM.
Old 01-04-2005, 01:51 AM
Tech Master

Default Spool Setup

Old 01-04-2005, 06:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: runingrc10...

Originally posted by fathead
He means he sets his ride height and then with the car off the ground with the suspension fully extended you screw the droop screws in until the top of the spring just touches the top spring seat which is the shock collar.

I do the same thing to set my droop
Yeah, I use this method too. It works out to 2mm uptravel every time I've done it.
Old 01-04-2005, 06:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by runnin rc10
RcKnight,

We are running a setup something like yours but with white and purple springs. But this weeking in Ohio, we got some help from a local and he wasnt running any shims under any of the arm blocks at all. I found this kind of strage but it worked pretty well. I thought the rear end need to free up just a tad more, but all in all it was decent. I just have one question about the front swaybar? Why on the front? O and how much droop did you run on that setup?
iran the eric d set up with no shims the car was balistic and very fast off the corners and planted
Old 01-04-2005, 08:01 AM
Tech Master

does anyone have a alright carpet setup on rubbers?

smallish indoor carpet track with a stock motor (most likely on cs22s)
Old 01-04-2005, 08:05 AM
Tech Adept

Check out the CML site, I've put up Richard Barton's setup for Watford running T27's on Carpet. Might be a good place to start?

Andy
Old 01-04-2005, 08:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Can someone lmk if there is going to be a rtr tc4 coming out soon. I am mainly a MT guy but would like to get into TC and well I just don't have all the money right now to build up a nice tc4. But I like the support ae gives to there cars in way of al the after market parts you can get. So I would like to start off with an rtr car then build it up to a team car or better.

Thanks
Old 01-04-2005, 09:01 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Andy M
Check out the CML site, I've put up Richard Barton's setup for Watford running T27's on Carpet. Might be a good place to start?

Andy
ok, ill take a peek....i used to use t27s actually (control tyre) but now its open im trying out diff tyres
Old 01-04-2005, 09:31 AM
Tech Master

got his setup printed out ready for saturday.

one thing Andy, i know you do the cml site so does this mean you sort through all the emails?

if so did you get my email ([email protected]) about the the motor clamp?
Old 01-04-2005, 09:34 AM
Tech Adept

Sorry Matt, I'm 100% website so I only get the website related email. Everything else goes to the main office.
Old 01-04-2005, 09:36 AM
Tech Master

Ok, no problem.

hope to hear from them soon

one thing (to the rest of you) have any of you had any problems with motor clamps cracking?

i tightened mine down (not fully) and it cracked accross the lug where the none springy screw goes. i'm not the only person as i know someone else that has had this happen...near same crack line to. i'm thinking its a dodgey batch (we bought our tc4s at a similar time) with a batch of dodgey motor clamps....it still works like, my motor isn't going anywhere but its nice to have a complete motor clamp

anyone?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.