Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
back to TC. What do i want, whats happened? >

back to TC. What do i want, whats happened?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

back to TC. What do i want, whats happened?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 03:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Old parts for Tamiya/Xray/Yokomo aren't a problem.

The tamiya for example, the new plastics for the 418 (and will be for the 419) are also backwards compatible to the 417/16...! Many other parts are similarly universal.

The stuff that is harder to get (bulkheads for example) don't really wear out/break anyway.
Old 10-29-2014, 03:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (60%+)

What will your hobby shop carry? Xray great car...but spare parts are priced crazy! AE 6.2 or even a 6.1 Wc car. There great very easy to drive but the slop issues are crazy. But you could find a good used one with spare for under 350. Yoke is a great car also there are a few on here up for sale under 400.00 with great parts support. First of start off with and see what your LHS is going to carry. You don't want to be sidelined due to no parts support!
Old 10-29-2014, 04:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

As stated already parts are often backwards compatible.

A used BD7, T4 would be a very good option, but the super cheap cars used cars might not be in good condition.
Old 10-29-2014, 07:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by niznai
Just because you mentioned, the BD7 RS is a very good value for money kit at about 175$ or so.

Keep in mind the full blown kit doesn't come with CVD joint driveshafts, and tally up whatever else you'd like and you're still under 400$ with a front spool and driveshafts. Everything else in the kit is enough to get you on the right path.
Unless you're at beginner level, I would steer clear of this wanna-be BD7 for high grip carpet racing, as you will eventually replace nearly every single piece in order to build a competitive racer

A used BD7-13, 14 is a much better option
Old 10-29-2014, 07:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Xray parts are spread over many generations of cars.... arms, c-hubs, steering yokes, uprights, ect. Belts, diffs, and other parts as well. With the exception of the original T1, I highly doubt you will struggle to find parts since T2-T4 have so many pieces in common. And they don't break often anyways. The cars stay pretty tight with age. I'm not running an Xray anymore (selling my T4)as I decided to try an ARC and really like it, but I can tell you from experience that used Xrays are a good choice, I've had my share. Usually you are looking at a few bearings, some new blades, a few screws ect. and that's it. They are like iphones... no one needs the newest version, but everyone wants the newest version... and off to the FS threads goes a ton of them for a song with the arrival of a new kit.

Last edited by nf_ekt; 10-29-2014 at 08:20 AM.
Old 10-29-2014, 08:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
Unless you're at beginner level, I would steer clear of this wanna-be BD7 for high grip carpet racing, as you will eventually replace nearly every single piece in order to build a competitive racer

A used BD7-13, 14 is a much better option
You should try driving one first.
Old 10-29-2014, 09:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hyujmn
Tons of Xray T4'14s going for $300 in the marketplace with upgrades, etc... Probably your best bet. Even something like a T3'12 you could probably get really cheap, but honestly, $300 for a T4'14 is such a stupid low price, it's ridiculous not to get one.
This.

A good condition T4 '14 for $300 is a really great value.

The car is GOOD.
Old 10-29-2014, 09:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R3VoLuTiOn
This.

A good condition T4 '14 for $300 is a really great value.

The car is GOOD.
+1
Used Rays are hard to beat