Search
Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 06:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YoDog
Hey Guys, just following up... How's the servo mounts working out for those of you who bought them from me? Any questions or suggestions?

I will have the V2 model coming very soon! I will post pics as soon as the blocks are tapped.
mine hasn't arrived yet, but like everything shipped to New Zealand, takes 10 days if you are lucky

ed
Old 03-05-2013, 06:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Edwin Pibal
mine hasn't arrived yet, but like everything shipped to New Zealand, takes 10 days if you are lucky

ed
Sorry to hear that Ed.
Hopefully it arrives soon.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Edwin Pibal

ed
I have one they work great it is a straight forward install. remove old servo mount you will need to use one of those mounts on your new mount. Remove the top plate., unscrew the screw that holds the ackerman mount together and replace the screw with a ball. Then you just install your servo to the mount using one of the stock mounts attach it to the carbon fiber plate> Set the steering rod center your servo saver on your servo and your set. Make sure you install a quality servo saver on your servo. The stock servo saver will not work to protect your servo anymore!
E/W servo mount will give you a more direct feel in your steering.
Good luck enjoy!
Old 03-05-2013, 08:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by vivo quevas
I have one they work great it is a straight forward install. remove old servo mount you will need to use one of those mounts on your new mount. Remove the top plate., unscrew the screw that holds the ackerman mount together and replace the screw with a ball. Then you just install your servo to the mount using one of the stock mounts attach it to the carbon fiber plate> Set the steering rod center your servo saver on your servo and your set. Make sure you install a quality servo saver on your servo. The stock servo saver will not work to protect your servo anymore!
E/W servo mount will give you a more direct feel in your steering.
Good luck enjoy!
Thanks Brian... I should also point out that there is plenty of wiggle room to get the servo in just the right spot within the mount. The servo saver is something I forgot to mention since I wasn't using one myself. Now you have forced my hand on something new I have been working on. Here are some pics if the V2 mount (yet to be anodized).
Notice the carbon part hangs over the block. The new plate incorporates a battery stay built in which is high in the chassis, keeping the battery from touching both the belt and the steering assembly. I would suggest moving the stock battery stay to the rear-most mounting location so that you will have even support. These will be available in 20.5mm and 21mm heights to accommodate wider servos.
Ok, now for something I have been working on to solve the "disabled servo saver" situation when linking directly to the Ackerman location.
I still need to figure out how to make these in a high enough volume to justify a reasonable price. This will replace the stock servo saver cam and moves the ball stud 90 degrees as to be in line with the new servo orientation.
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated TC6 Thread-20130305_195705-comp.jpg   Team Associated TC6 Thread-20130305_200258-comp.jpg   Team Associated TC6 Thread-20130305_200358-comp.jpg   Team Associated TC6 Thread-20130305_202118-comp.jpg   Team Associated TC6 Thread-20130305_202526-comp.jpg  

Old 03-05-2013, 11:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ok, now for something I have been working on to solve the "disabled servo saver" situation when linking directly to the Ackerman location.
I still need to figure out how to make these in a high enough volume to justify a reasonable price. This will replace the stock servo saver cam and moves the ball stud 90 degrees as to be in line with the new servo orientation.
I am in for two of those!
Old 03-06-2013, 12:24 AM
Tech Regular

Hi guys,

Ran my TC6.1 for the first time at the weekend and have to say drove really well!

One of the things I've noticed is alot of play in the suspension hubs and one of the guys at the track suggested people tend to run TC6 hubs to reduce the play.

Do any of you guys do this and in which case can you run the TC6.1 steering hubs in the TC6 caster blocks?

THanks for the help
Dan
Old 03-06-2013, 01:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

delete
Old 03-06-2013, 01:47 AM
Tech Adept

yes the TC6 hubs will fit but only if you still running the stock kit CVD's, the hubs will reduce the slop but you can also fit a grub screw in the bottom of the TC6.1 C hub's, that will in turn remove the play between the pin & hub inserts, greatly reducing the slop
Old 03-06-2013, 02:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sorry to hear that Ed.
Hopefully it arrives soon.
it will 8)

i have no probelms with the wait, its what happends when you are on the ass of the world 8)

the v2 looks pretty dang good dude!

ed
Old 03-06-2013, 04:38 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks Brian... I should also point out that there is plenty of wiggle room to get the servo in just the right spot within the mount. The servo saver is something I forgot to mention since I wasn't using one myself. Now you have forced my hand on something new I have been working on. Here are some pics if the V2 mount (yet to be anodized).
Notice the carbon part hangs over the block. The new plate incorporates a battery stay built in which is high in the chassis, keeping the battery from touching both the belt and the steering assembly. I would suggest moving the stock battery stay to the rear-most mounting location so that you will have even support. These will be available in 20.5mm and 21mm heights to accommodate wider servos.
Originally Posted by wtcc
I am in for two of those!

If for the servo mount is not necessary to drill the chassis me too for 1/2 pieces.
Enrico
Old 03-06-2013, 04:58 AM
Tech Initiate

I have e new question about the droop regarding TC6.1 WC my new car.
I use actually the old TC6 and for measure the droop nothing problem for me. In the TC 6.1 and in WC front and rear arms are bigger respect TC6. I am not sure about the correct position to mesure the droop in the new arms readind this to pag. 27 " The standard settings of 6mm front and 5mm rear will work best in most cases. Droop is measured just underneath the outer hinge pin as shown in the photos to the right."
In the foto the measure is under the arm but not under the hinge pin........
Can help me?
Enrico
Old 03-06-2013, 07:56 AM
Tech Elite

Enrico, my servo mount is a direct fit for all TC6 based chassis except for the Exotek and the CSO chassis as far as I know. The Associated and Reflex chassis do not require any drilling. Please pm me to place an order.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 20967
I have e new question about the droop regarding TC6.1 WC my new car.
I use actually the old TC6 and for measure the droop nothing problem for me. In the TC 6.1 and in WC front and rear arms are bigger respect TC6. I am not sure about the correct position to mesure the droop in the new arms readind this to pag. 27 " The standard settings of 6mm front and 5mm rear will work best in most cases. Droop is measured just underneath the outer hinge pin as shown in the photos to the right."
In the foto the measure is under the arm but not under the hinge pin........
Can help me?
Enrico
I find that using a measurement tool is only useful for the initial setup so that all arms are at equal droop settings. I will then prefer to measure from ride height as I feel this is more reliable in terms of a real adjustment as it is based on how the car sits under driving conditions. So just pick a common spot on the arm and make them equal to start. You can bias the setting a mm or two from front to rear if you choose.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeff Cuffs
Cool looks good.
Thank you
Old 03-07-2013, 03:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I tried installing the center ballast weights but the belt rubs. Suggestions?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.